Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
I suppose it's ok for the Liberated Borg to be accessible via Vet reward then?
I'll agree to this, after, say, Revo's suggestion of 16 months?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-21-2010, 04:00 AM
ive said yes to just about everything else turning up so again i would go for this

would prefer a veteran award. after 16 months the monthers have paid as much money as the lifers, so id add it around then, or maybe a little later somewhere up to the 2 year mark
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-21-2010, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
ive said yes to just about everything else turning up so again i would go for this

would prefer a veteran award. after 16 months the monthers have paid as much money as the lifers, so id add it around then, or maybe a little later somewhere up to the 2 year mark
this Idea is the only one I will get behind
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-21-2010, 05:32 AM
Not the first thread about this, not the last. I don't think it should be in the store, at least not for a long while. Regardless of whether it does eventually end up in the store or not I would not at all be satisfied with that unless everyone who purchases lifetime gets it for free. I pre-ordered lifetime so I paid cheaper and got all the bonuses and what not but if someones going to pay more than I did for a lifetime and not get those things that doesn't really sit right with me. I know it was a limited promotion but I don't see the harm in giving them the playable species free. After that I don't care if it ends up in the store, go for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Your argument falls at the first hurdle. You imply an either/or choice, projecting your own value system onto another. You also assume that the monetary cost of C-Store points is equivalent to a meal at an exclusive restaurant.

And then you wonder why the 'keep it exclusive' argument has failed. Instead of venting your ire towards the people who've made the decision to sell them, you attack your equals.

Incidentally, I went out for a lovely steak dinner at a posh restaurant last week. Obviously, I can afford both. But then again I didn't waste my disposable income on multiple copies of the same game.
Take every single one of the posts made by this poster thus far in this thread....

and put my vote on it. I have the same mindset about money, exclusives, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-21-2010, 05:41 AM
No, I don't think any of the items, things, that were offered at the onset of the game for participating in whatever the requirements were should be made available to the general population.

It waters down the effect these promotions have for the next time they're offered. Why do the extra required to get them at the beginning of the game when you can wait a couple of months and get them for next to nothing?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
06-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight55 View Post
No, I don't think any of the items, things, that were offered at the onset of the game for participating in whatever the requirements were should be made available to the general population.

It waters down the effect these promotions have for the next time they're offered. Why do the extra required to get them at the beginning of the game when you can wait a couple of months and get them for next to nothing?
Here Here I second that Mr. Burrmaster, seems to be the going theme.........

first its those kids with the engleberg humperdink

then its the crazy pac-man thingy ma-game

Then its a company called Cryptic trying to move on up to the east side to get a slice of the pie....

Whats next ya say? Soon enough they'll put that crazy liberty borg in game with everyone doin the monkey on the dabo table wearin black hot pants and those crazy eye thingy piercings......

Todays youth.......I tell ya
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
06-21-2010, 06:33 AM
I've got no problems with it being put in the C-Store, or used in some other fashion by Cryptic. I bought the lifetime sub because I liked the game enough to know I was going to be playing it for a long time. The bonus playable Borg was just icing on the cake.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
06-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
I fail to see the difference. So instead of treating yourself and your girlfriend for a dinner at Joel Robuchon or Fat Duck, you decided to spend your disposable income on worthless pixels? Obviously you attached higher values for C-Store items over physical goods that you decided to give up.

It doesn't make any sense for you to claim that certain ingame items are "worthless" while you use your disposable income to purchase items from C-Store.
/agree just another I want what others have


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzalodi View Post
Sure, put them in the C-Store. I didn't even realize they were an exclusive for the version of the game I bought. Doesn't matter to me if everyone else has them as well.
I think you're talking about borg bridge officer liberated borg came with preordering lifetime sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
If they put the Galaxy X in the C-Store why would I, or anyone else for that matter, bother to try and get five referrals?"
Exactly why do anything cryptic requires us to do to get anything if it all ends up in the cstore
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
06-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Your argument falls at the first hurdle. You imply an either/or choice, projecting your own value system onto another. You also assume that the monetary cost of C-Store points is equivalent to a meal at an exclusive restaurant.

And then you wonder why the 'keep it exclusive' argument has failed. Instead of venting your ire towards the people who've made the decision to sell them, you attack your equals.

Incidentally, I went out for a lovely steak dinner at a posh restaurant last week. Obviously, I can afford both. But then again I didn't waste my disposable income on multiple copies of the same game.
If you have all this disposable income why do you always vote for everything to be on the cstore surely a rich guy like you can afford to buy things

/sarcasm off
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 PM.