Lt. Commander
# 11
06-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Well if I have a couple of questions for Craig they are:

- How big is the team at Cryptic working on STO? THis would help players understand why things are not going as quickly as we expect for resolving issues and creating new material for the game.

- Should we expect major stuff (Fleet Starbase, building your next ship class and not just get it for free when leveling up, ect.) to come out in the next releases? Because it's hard to see so many ideas on the forums and almost no feedback from Cryptic about where they are bringing the game to. It's scary nowadays to see so few players online!

- How does Cryptic keep track of all the suggestions? How can we the players know what as been suggested in a kind of list poll view instead of a huge non-ending forum thead?

- And how does Cryptic decide what's next in Development? We have no clue where things are going and I hear a lot of players not playing anymore because they are fed up for waiting for the Dev to put in place major sutff like R&D, Manufacturing and especially a Huge important point a Economic system to manage all this and so much more going ideas I've seen on the forums. Is it because there is not enough money to invest in the team?

- What is Cryptic doing for marketing so that new players will want to join in?
Lt. Commander
# 12 Yay... minigames !!!
06-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Glad to see mini-games finally making it into STO.

Interesting that they decided to go with a separate latinum economy. Also I like the idea of not using dabo ... etc. winnings to purchase starship components, that just wouldn't fit well with the feel that the shows developed.

Buying costume pieces fits well (esp. if they're for off duty use) ... might I also suggest (in case devs are listening) that they add pieces to decorate ship interiors and possibly even personal holo-emitters to change character appearance into the latinum store.

As an after thought : Might also be interesting if future episodes included planets from the Ferengi Alliance or under Orion Syndicate control where all the venders traffic in latinum.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Good interview. Thanks to Hailing Frequencies for having Craig on. And thanks to Craig for being on.

Sadly, the interview seemed a bit out of date. Nothing really new, but they is kind of the idea anymore with all the communication from Cryptic.

Now I just wish Craig would come on to the All STOP podcast too.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
Glad to see mini-games finally making it into STO.

Interesting that they decided to go with a separate latinum economy. Also I like the idea of not using dabo ... etc. winnings to purchase starship components, that just wouldn't fit well with the feel that the shows developed.

Buying costume pieces fits well (esp. if they're for off duty use) ... might I also suggest (in case devs are listening) that they add pieces to decorate ship interiors and possibly even personal holo-emitters to change character appearance into the latinum store.

As an after thought : Might also be interesting if future episodes included planets from the Ferengi Alliance or under Orion Syndicate control where all the venders traffic in latinum.
I found it even more interested that he talked about mini-games on your ships - actual things to do when you go to engineering, ten forward, the holodeck, etc!