Lt. Commander
# 1 Looking for a home...
06-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi Everybody,
After a few weeks of playing around and looking at all your wonderful posts on here.. Think if I am going to get the most out of this game im going to have to Join a fleet.
A Little about me. well im 35 yrs old and been a gamer for a long time, My first game I played online was the SFC series. I was a member and officer in a fleet for the old Star Lance ladder matches on M-player and then Gamespy. My first MMO was DDO. where I played that for over a yr. Later I was talked into WOW and played that for well over a year.

What Im looking for is a casual fleet that is more scoial that hard core, sorry guys (or girls) Im not caling into work so we can go get some purple item out of a raid :p not really into RP either, but then again I havent tried it Also I dont want to be where I am just a body so you can run the endgame content for your uber loot. Bascily I want to have fun not be a 2nd job I also have a klingon toon, so would like to would like a fleet with a klingon faction as well.

So If I sound like a fit for your fleet let me know @huanak

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-22-2010, 10:11 AM
The ADF Fleet was formed in August of 2009 by Voorhees and has come a long way. Our main goal in the beginning was to get as many people as we could. While our goal is still that, we have spread our goals to include alliances and much more. The Fleet has 4 leaders with over 30 plus years of cumulative clan/fleet running. Each leader brings a unique style to the fleet.

In November, the fourth leader was brought in. Since then we have had a major overhaul. A new website/forum, new ranking system, and so on. At current, we are looking for new members to join the ranks of the ADF. We have meetings almost every day and always keep the fleet up to date. The leaders are hard at work making sure the members get what they want.

Our future is bright. We are growing day by day. We want to become a well-known fleet, not just in PVP but also in PVE. We put fun first but when times call for it, can get down to business. We in the fleet want everyone to have fun. We are here to defend the Federation and help those in need.

http://startrekfleet.com/adf1/
Lt. Commander
Good afternoon. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great and growing fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but thatís part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some case RL. We have a fleet Ventrilo server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast (USA) but we do have members scattered across the globe.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so therefore when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2409 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you or anyone else wants additional information on the [VKF] donít hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi there. Sent you a PM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome to the forums! We Are a International Fleet

Red Squadrons would seem to fit your criteria well, we do have a laugh (even if sometimes its over something silly ^^) we do support players wanting end game PvP and PvE and RP, and with 11 years of experience, I think we're a pretty bonded fleet

We are a military styled fleet, with the Red Squadrons Taskforce serving as our Federation Fleet and the Red Squadrons Battlefleet serving for our Klingon players! And if you want to play in both, your more than welcome (we do encourage it to develop PvP tactics .

We're pretty well known around the Trek gaming community and know a lot of cool fleets whom we have a laugh with pretty often!

Check us out on www.redsquadrons.net

Good Luck finding what your looking for!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Hi Huanak

From what you have described, you sound like a perfect fit at Aurora Fleet!!

We are all adults with real lives, and jobs, and real life priorities. We are a casual group that just loves to have fun. We don't have any mandatory amount of gametime you have to play, no forms to fill out, no dues to be paid, etc. We just like to hang out and play STO together.

I too am an old school gamer (I'm in my thirties as well ) and started with the grandaddy of all MMOs, Ultima Online. heheh.. Since then, I've been in a lot of gaming groups, and I have to say that Aurora is one of the best I've ever been a part of. We do have role players, but we also have players that don't roleplay. We don't discriminate. LOL I, myself very seldom do any RP. Enough about me though.. let me tell you something about our great fleet.

Aurora Fleet was one of the first fleets in Star Trek Online. Hundreds of days later, we are still one of the largest, and most active fleets in the game. While some fleets have come and gone, we remain.

Why are we successful when so many others have failed? Its simple really. We make STO fun. The primary goal of Aurora is to enrich every facet of the STO experience.

Here are just a few of the perks to being a member of Aurora Fleet:

- Fleet Ventrillo server for those that wish to use it

- Friendly, mature players

- Lots of planned events for players of every rank and playing style

- PVE, PVP, and STF teaming

- Klingon faction

- Excellent leadership

- Active forums

- Role playing events for those that wish to participate

- Fleet banking and crafting

- A vast wealth of knowledge of the game

- A painless recruiting process. No forms, no mess. Just introduce yourself/character in our forums (Transporter Room section) and you can join up and play.

If this sounds right to you, hop over to www.aurorafleet.com . From there, you can access our forums, introduce yourself, and be added as part of the fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Hey Huanak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huanak
What Im looking for is a casual fleet that is more scoial that hard core, sorry guys (or girls) Im not caling into work so we can go get some purple item out of a raid :p not really into RP either, but then again I havent tried it
You'll find we're a sociable bunch in the {UFP}. You're free to drop by our TeamSpeak 3 channel at any time (ts.ufplanets.com port 9987, no pass required).
Some guys enjoy a bit of RP, but it's not to everyone's taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huanak
Also I dont want to be where I am just a body so you can run the endgame content for your uber loot. Bascily I want to have fun not be a 2nd job I also have a klingon toon, so would like to would like a fleet with a klingon faction as well.
The only thing we ask of our members, is to follow our Code of Conduct (basic, common sense stuff) and sign in at a monthly roll call so we know you're still around. Beyond that, there are no committments other than those you choose to make yourself a part of.

For more information you can visit our Recruitment Thread, our Website or our Forums. Alternatively I'm happy to answer any more specific questions via PM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi Huanak:

Based on the profile you gave of yourself, I think you might find our fleet Hammerfist Fleet ( www.hammerfistclan.com/forum ), to what you are looking for:

We mainly cater to the mature player. Players who have time restraints, family, spouses, full time jobs. Players who know what it's like to have bills and mortgages to pay. We know real life commitments are a priority with older more mature gamers, and thus we'll never overload you with requirements, and expect you to jump through a bunch of silly hoops just to get a few hours of gaming in with your friends.

We're an adult guild looking for mature members age 18 or older. We're a social/casual guild passionate about our gaming. How you choose to spend your gaming time is up to you. Dictating how and when you need to play is not our style, we understand part-time gamers with full-time lives.

It's our goal to provide a friendly, stress free environment in which to enjoy the game. If you are looking to join us, some things you should keep in mind are: We value friendship over loot and hoarding. Guilds can be an excellent place to meet new friends and share good times and experiences that keep with you for years. Squabbling over loot has no place here. Providing a decent environment, void of riff-raff and distractions is an A-1 priority in any MMO we play. Leaving the drama behind and entering a world of fantasy and fun is what it's all about.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Greetings

May I introduce you to us, The Shadows.

We are a casual fleet, that believes in having all of its members being treated equally. We prefer to keep our members and chat all 'family friendly' and treat one another, and others, with respect. We aren't Hard Core Raiders, or anything else, for that matter, but we do run a raid or FA from time to time, as the game mechanics allow ( ::growls:: ).

You didn't mention your TZ or playtime, but we are still mostly US based, thus the organized events are generally around 9p EST, give-or-take. Since we're not 'hard core' - we generally try and limit any group activity to "not more than" 2 hours at a pop, so it might take a few more days to do something, but at least you can have a family life

All of our guiding principles can be found at http://shadows-sto.com, but feel free to ask any questions.

Best of luck with your search.

/B2
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Thank you all for the offers. I have decided to join UFP.