Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Yeah, that's right, the X should not be put on the C-Store.

The main reason is that it wasnt something we could allbuy by just sitting on our butts preordering a bunch of retail boxes. Thoes of us that have it went the extra mile by bothering and hassling our friends and family to buy the game and sub for a month or two, lol. Everyone has equal chance to still get it if they go out and find people. If you have to introduce people to it at your AA meeting or at school during a break, you'r going to find people that like STO, and you're going to find people who might buy and sub cause they can easily afford it and like sifi games.

Another reason is if it is to be realeased on C-Store it should not have the Cloak and Spinal Lance. Thoes abilities should be exclusive to the Dreadnaught. The C-Store version should be a regular T5 ship like the Soverign. Releaseing the X with all of its features would unbalance the already unbalanced game play, it would make the klink pvper's angry since they dont like a ship decloaking off their stern with DHC's blazing.

My final reason why the dreadnaught should not be C-Stored is because of mainly reason 1 and the fact that the people that fairly got it went the extra step for Cryptic to get new subscribers that might stay with the game. Nothing is more important then recruiting more paying customers.

I dont like the fact that some of the bonus items were placed on the store so fast. Some people worked really hard to earn the money to get them. Liberated Borg Captain being one. Cryptic was going to give it to people that spent money on a lifetime sub. If it goes on the C-Store it should cost as much as a LTS, that is fair to the ppl that got it and want to get it. Cryptic I hope you're listening.

There are somethings that blood loyal customers will do for their devs like LTS's and completeing RAF programs. The reason is irrelavent, the fact that they spent the time and money is what counts. Cryptic you got some of your cusomters to go out and advertise for you saving you money for advertisement. Would you take our reward for that and make it obtainable for a couple of dollars for people that did nothing?

If the X is open to the public it should be a 500 or 600 day Vet reward. I already believe the Table Vet reward is too short. It should be 500 days minimum. It is a sanctuary of quietness for lifers and soon it will be full of people like SB01.

Most of you that will read this will disagree and I welcome your opinions. As always, people want what they cant have, handed to them on a silver platter, while others toil to earn it, but for thoes of you that have the X, what do you think?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
The sad part is people think a stupid ugly ship is a worth reward for the effort of getting 5 people + 5 1 month subscriptions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Honestly, I was upset at this originally, but having seen the thing in game, that third nacelle is hideous. Let's just have a Galaxy refit option without that *%( nacelle and I'm happy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull454 View Post
...but for thoes of you that have the X, what do you think?
I don't have one and I won't be working the RAF to get it (already got burned working for previous 'exclusives'). I'm ambivalent on whether it remains exclusive or not because I truely believe Cryptic will release it soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Face it...it will be in the C-Store before long. It is no more special than any other "exclusive." While you may have done the right thing and truly shilled for Cryptic to get other people into the game...most did not. Most just bought 5 copies and in some way, shape, or form set up the 5 accounts etc. I suspect that after that one month sub is paid those accounts will go inactive.

Look at the statistics...virtually everyone that got the Gal X has a blue forum name....and I would be willing to bet they are they are a lot of the same folks that bought several copies to get the "exclusives" now for sale in the C-Store. Moreover, these are likely those with more money to spend {or those that like being in debt from living beyond their means} than most.

Certainly I cannot prove this beyond a reason of a doubt, but I trust my instincts....and of course no one can prove I am wrong either. Certainly some can come here and tell me I am wrong, but that is meaningless. It would be up to others to believe or not believe them. I am not even sure Cryptic could prove otherwise...not that they would care to since they got their cash.

I take no issue with the ship, but do take issue with buy-in {spend your way to advantage} senarios. This promotion will likely do nothing in the long run...and was way too soon...and smells of desperation for income.

If Nagus' poll is any indication people want it for sale....and well, they wanted all the other stuff for sale and got it. Why stop there? Because of some illusory difficulty? Again not everyone truly went out and played politics with their friends and family to get them into a game. I realize I sound cynical to a degree, but human nature {fueled by a few dollars} is trivial and predicitable.

As far as things go your desire for exclusivity ihas no more weight than those that already lost their "exclusives"....we all understand you wish to feel special in-game {as did a lot that lost theirs recently}...well if you are lucky you will get a month or two to feel superior before they put it up for sale due to popular demand.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urantia View Post
Face it...it will be in the C-Store before long. It is no more special than any other "exclusive." While you may have done the right thing and truly shilled for Cryptic to get other people into the game...most did not. Most just bought 5 copies and in some way, shape, or form set up the 5 accounts etc. I suspect that after that one month sub is paid those accounts will go inactive.

Look at the statistics...virtually everyone that got the Gal X has a blue forum name....and I would be willing to bet they are they are a lot of the same folks that bought several copies to get the "exclusives" now for sale in the C-Store. Moreover, these are likely those with more money to spend {or those that like being in debt from living beyond their means} than most.

Certainly I cannot prove this beyond a reason of a doubt, but I trust my instincts....and of course no one can prove I am wrong either. Certainly some can come here and tell me I am wrong, but that is meaningless. It would be up to others to believe or not believe them. I am not even sure Cryptic could prove otherwise...not that they would care to since they got their cash.

I take no issue with the ship, but do take issue with buy-in {spend your way to advantage} senarios. This promotion will likely do nothing in the long run...and was way too soon...and smells of desperation for income.

If Nagus' poll is any indication people want it for sale....and well, they wanted all the other stuff for sale and got it. Why stop there? Because of some illusory difficulty? Again not everyone truly went out and played politics with their friends and family to get them into a game. I realize I sound cynical to a degree, but human nature {fueled by a few dollars} is trivial and predicitable.

As far as things go your desire for exclusivity ihas no more weight than those that already lost their "exclusives"....we all understand you wish to feel special in-game {as did a lot that lost theirs recently}...well if you are lucky you will get a month or two to feel superior before they put it up for sale due to popular demand.
This. Cryptic started down this road so how could you not expect to see the X in the C-Store. I don't see why anyone else would bother with the effort either knowing if they wait about 3-5 months they could just purchase any "perk" (I believe that's what everyone saying the exclusives were, just perks) if they wait long enough. Don't hate the playa, hate the game. The game Cryptic started.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull454 View Post
The main reason is that it wasn't something we could all buy by just sitting on our butts preordering a bunch of retail boxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull454 View Post
I don't like the fact that some of the bonus items were placed on the store so fast. Some people worked really hard to earn the money to get them.
Which one is it??? I agree the people who harass their friends and family (that toll alone should cost you your very soul) should have it exclusive for at least a year.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urantia View Post
Face it...it will be in the C-Store before long. It is no more special than any other "exclusive." While you may have done the right thing and truly shilled for Cryptic to get other people into the game...most did not. Most just bought 5 copies and in some way, shape, or form set up the 5 accounts etc. I suspect that after that one month sub is paid those accounts will go inactive.

Look at the statistics...virtually everyone that got the Gal X has a blue forum name....and I would be willing to bet they are they are a lot of the same folks that bought several copies to get the "exclusives" now for sale in the C-Store. Moreover, these are likely those with more money to spend {or those that like being in debt from living beyond their means} than most.

Certainly I cannot prove this beyond a reason of a doubt, but I trust my instincts....and of course no one can prove I am wrong either. Certainly some can come here and tell me I am wrong, but that is meaningless. It would be up to others to believe or not believe them. I am not even sure Cryptic could prove otherwise...not that they would care to since they got their cash.

I take no issue with the ship, but do take issue with buy-in {spend your way to advantage} senarios. This promotion will likely do nothing in the long run...and was way too soon...and smells of desperation for income.

If Nagus' poll is any indication people want it for sale....and well, they wanted all the other stuff for sale and got it. Why stop there? Because of some illusory difficulty? Again not everyone truly went out and played politics with their friends and family to get them into a game. I realize I sound cynical to a degree, but human nature {fueled by a few dollars} is trivial and predicitable.

As far as things go your desire for exclusivity ihas no more weight than those that already lost their "exclusives"....we all understand you wish to feel special in-game {as did a lot that lost theirs recently}...well if you are lucky you will get a month or two to feel superior before they put it up for sale due to popular demand.
As I have pointed out time and again the have nots always outnumber the haves any poll will always be in favor of getting things easier and cheaper. The way people act in this game should go to their governments and complain how some people have things they do not and see how far that gets them it is utterly pathetic how people feel so entitled to things they aren't entitled to.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
As I have pointed out time and again the have nots always outnumber the haves any poll will always be in favor of getting things easier and cheaper. The way people act in this game should go to their governments and complain how some people have things they do not and see how far that gets them it is utterly pathetic how people feel so entitled to things they aren't entitled to.
I will not debate you on socio economic inequalities, or why they arise...that is not the point I was making. I do sincerely believe that if people went out and truly recruitied 5 people to play the game then they do indeed deserve this "perk"...but if even one person cheats the spirit of the system it become meaningless. Moreover, Cryptic has proven that nothing is sacred...and as such should not start now.

Speaking for myself I merely pre-ordered the DDE/Atari and that was it....but many players shelled out several hundred dollars {or whatever equal currency} to buy a bunch of "boxes" to get several items that are now available to all with CPs. And I assure you some of them spent a lot more than a person that merely spent 5 boxes and 5 1-months for the Gal X yet have nothing to show for it. Why should this "exclusive" be any different?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 AM.