Lt. Commander
# 11
06-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
it is utterly pathetic how people feel so entitled to things they aren't entitled to.
Entitled to? Cryptic was not even obligated to add a reward to the referral program, so no one is "entitled" to anything in that regard. However, as paying customers we ARE entitled to tell Cryptic what we would like, and if that includes adding a certain item to the C-store for some people then so be it. They have just as much right to tell Cryptic what they would like as you do, and your opinion is worth no more than theirs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-24-2010, 02:00 AM
You all have valid points, and I do fear Cryptic will do with the X, what they did with the origional preorders. I see more and more that a buck or two is more important then customers that went an extra mile. When the RAF program gets old, why not make more money by placing the X on the C-Store? That was obviously the case with the preorder exclusives.

And for those of you that think the ship is ugly, I'll have you know this! It is my favorite ship besides the Prometheus, as if that matters to anyone, lol.

The ship is special to me cause it's mmy favorite ship. It isnt the feeling of superiority that drove my intentions to get it, but the fact that I got tired of seeing my fav ship flying around me in space. I was going to wait for it to hit C-Store, but I had a way to get it for free so I did it. I'm not disappointed at all with it except it only has 3 rear aft weapon slots. I know alot of people want the Excelsior and I really hope they get it because we should all get the ships we love.

Yes most of the people that got the X have blue names here either because they have excess money to throw around, or cause they really believe in the game and made sacrifices. I'm poor IRL and getting the LTS had me pretty much eatting canned soup and beans for a while hehe, but I dont have to pay a cent for 2 years and I dont have to worry about if I can afford my sub next month. If you plan to stay with the game for at least 2 years, a LTS is a viable option.

I had mixed feeling about exclusives going to C-Store. I was disappointed they didnt wait longer, but I'm glad that everyone can get the uniforms especially. TBH I think the uniforms should be free, they would make great fleet uniforms. Some items that I didnt have like the MU uniforms should have stayed exclusive. I bought a LTS after headstart so I didnt get the Liberated Borg Captain. I really want it but I dont "have to have it." And it doesnt ruin my life if I dont have it. The people that do have it should have it exclusivly for ever or for at least a year.

Have and Have Nots is another story all together. I wasnt one that went out and bought a dozen preorder boxes to get all the junk that came with them, I got the Atari DDE, and later on when I could afford it I got the Target box with the TR-116 since I have loved that weapon since I heard about it while I was playing Elite Force back in 98 or 99. Yeah the gun's DPS is crap but I love playing with it and it is especially nice in PVP, some DPS through a wall is better then none right? I wanted some of the exclusives that I didnt have but I believe that the items I did get would suffice and I was fortuante to have them at all. I never went on the forums and QQed about not having the other items. I didnt even know people were doing it till I read Destra's post about them going C-Store. I was happy I would have a chance to get the uniforms but I really felt it was cheating on thoes that spent more money on all the retail boxes. I didnt realize most of the people here were crying about not having things other people had until I saw posts and polls. The poles are a smart tactic, they easily let Cryptic know what people want without having to search through the forum.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Entitled to? Cryptic was not even obligated to add a reward to the referral program, so no one is "entitled" to anything in that regard. However, as paying customers we ARE entitled to tell Cryptic what we would like, and if that includes adding a certain item to the C-store for some people then so be it. They have just as much right to tell Cryptic what they would like as you do, and your opinion is worth no more than theirs.
As for you Nagus, you must realize that "paying" customers havent paid out the same ammount LTSer's have. When they have paid out an equal sum of money, then they are just as "entitled" as LTSer. I admire the robinhood attitude but your statements are based on a theory that all players have payed the exact ammount of money and have done the same things. You leave out the risky investment of a LTS or people going out of their ways to recruit, and for the people that spent another 300 bucks, them too. Cryptic knows that every exclusive program they put out, these people will jump on it. If they put the X on the C-Store then the programs like RAF will no longer bring in money cause people will just wait for it to hit the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-24-2010, 02:54 AM
personaly i wasnt really bothered about the Galaxy X ending up in the C-Store or not untill i came back from a week vacation the other day to find that most of the pre order items (Joined Trill NX Prefix etc) that i saved up for in the retail boxes ended up on the c-store...
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull454 View Post
As for you Nagus, you must realize that "paying" customers havent paid out the same ammount LTSer's have. When they have paid out an equal sum of money, then they are just as "entitled" as LTSer. I admire the robinhood attitude but your statements are based on a theory that all players have payed the exact ammount of money and have done the same things. You leave out the risky investment of a LTS or people going out of their ways to recruit, and for the people that spent another 300 bucks, them too. Cryptic knows that every exclusive program they put out, these people will jump on it. If they put the X on the C-Store then the programs like RAF will no longer bring in money cause people will just wait for it to hit the C-Store.
Agree. Also, what makes it more outrageous is that when you fly around the Galaxy-X Cruiser, some players will laugh at you for having participated in the refer a friend program. The common responses/whispers I get are something like this;

"Wow you spent that much time and effort getting that ship? You know the ship is going to be in C-Store soon?"

"Bro, awesome ship. I am waiting for mine at C-Store."

Thanks Cryptic, for making those who participated in any of your flimsy promotions, feel pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-24-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
Agree. Also, what makes it more outrageous is that when you fly around the Galaxy-X Cruiser, some players will laugh at you for having participated in the refer a friend program. The common responses/whispers I get are something like this;

"Wow you spent that much time and effort getting that ship? You know the ship is going to be in C-Store soon?"

"Bro, awesome ship. I am waiting for mine at C-Store."

Thanks Cryptic, for making those who participated in any of your flimsy promotions, feel pathetic.
Agreed thats why I hope cryptic does whats right here and not put it on the cstore that way all the people that make fun of us will feel very foolish when they can't just buy it for a few bucks
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-24-2010, 06:09 AM
I am perfectly okay with exclusives and various bonuses ending up in the C-Store. The only problem I am seeing is that perhaps Cryptic is releasing too soon and perhaps too cheap. I think that they could avoid a lot of hurt bent feelings if they set the price in the C-Store a lot higher and then allowed those prices to slowly drop over time.

In any case Cryptics goal is and should remain to get the highest customer satisfaction across the largest portion of the customer base as possible. By releasing items in the C-Store they not only gather more cash from the sales, but those that purchased those items are generally happy that they had that as an option.

That being said, they need to find a way to keep those that opt in to the early exclusives to not feel cheated and also find a way to maintain the value in participating in things like the referal program. These things can in fact be difficult to balance and hoepfully Cryptic will get better with that over time, even so you can expect the occasional error from time to time or at least some hurt feelings regardless of Cryptics efforts to be fair.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-24-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull454 View Post
I admire the robinhood attitude but your statements are based on a theory that all players have payed the exact ammount of money and have done the same things
I'm afraid you are quite mistaken. I never made the claim that everyone has paid the same amount of money or done the same things, and I challenge you to find any such statement that I have made. What I actually HAVE said is that as paying customers we are all entitled to tell Cryptic what we want. If that includes adding a ship to the C-store for some people, they are just as entitled to tell Cryptic that as those who feel otherwise. And while Cryptic has said that every individual customer is an equal source of feedback, what is NOT equal is the amount of people who might want one thing vs those who dont, and Cryptic will eventually do what the majority want because that means more money.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
I am perfectly okay with exclusives and various bonuses ending up in the C-Store. The only problem I am seeing is that perhaps Cryptic is releasing too soon and perhaps too cheap. I think that they could avoid a lot of hurt bent feelings if they set the price in the C-Store a lot higher and then allowed those prices to slowly drop over time.

In any case Cryptics goal is and should remain to get the highest customer satisfaction across the largest portion of the customer base as possible. By releasing items in the C-Store they not only gather more cash from the sales, but those that purchased those items are generally happy that they had that as an option.

That being said, they need to find a way to keep those that opt in to the early exclusives to not feel cheated and also find a way to maintain the value in participating in things like the referal program. These things can in fact be difficult to balance and hoepfully Cryptic will get better with that over time, even so you can expect the occasional error from time to time or at least some hurt feelings regardless of Cryptics efforts to be fair.
Agreed! This is my stand on most of the preorder exclusives such as the TOS Connie, Rivera Tribble, Borg Boff, The ST Uniforms except MU. Some items people have invested alot into. I know people speople hundreds ob retail boxes but to me that is foolish. You buy the game from what ever store has whatever exclusive you want most, then you can buy one or two more if you money is plentiful. I had a feeling that the "exclusive" items that wernt clothing were going to be crap, I was mostly right too.

A LTS is alot of money but is a smart move. The people that bought all of the retail boxes should have dones a LTS instead. I've heard from alot of them that the LTS was another thing on their list of purchases. Also the MU iniforms for purchasing a CO LTS, some trekker that do not like CO bought it for the uniforms. Is that a lot to spend on a uniform? I think so, but its there perogative and they should not be cheated, at least for a very long time. Some of the items, a very small percentage, Ceyptic should keep as true exclusive. That way they can keep the trust and support of thoes that participate in their promotional offers. If the Galaxy X goes C-Store, then no one will ever participate in a nother promotional program again, they will wait for it to hit C-Store. Cryptic has to put their foot down and let people know that there are some things people just cant have for a few dollars.

There is plenty of Trek material just waiting to be made into realality! The Excelsior ship or costume, more uniforms like the Voyager race uniform, additional emotes and clothing items, new weapons and stuff. I can think of 50 things off hand that they could create and place there in the C-Store and the Galaxy-X would be history. What if they started putting other ships from other races in the game as either captured ships or just holographic ones that you can activate on your ship? If they keep putting new ships out there that can doo cool things, people might jump for that.

I've even suggested a Galaxy-X costume or new T5 ship on the C-Store, but it dosent have the spinal lance or ability to carry DHCs. That will satisfy most of the people I think.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm afraid you are quite mistaken. I never made the claim that everyone has paid the same amount of money or done the same things, and I challenge you to find any such statement that I have made. What I actually HAVE said is that as paying customers we are all entitled to tell Cryptic what we want. If that includes adding a ship to the C-store for some people, they are just as entitled to tell Cryptic that as those who feel otherwise. And while Cryptic has said that every individual customer is an equal source of feedback, what is NOT equal is the amount of people who might want one thing vs those who dont, and Cryptic will eventually do what the majority want because that means more money.
Yes Nagus you are right to a point. If we all where customer of say a private airline and wanted improved foot room in our seats, the airline's would be to take that into serious consideration, this is all hypothetic since elongating airplanes is out of the question, but just an example.

You would have 3 types of memberships:

Basic Customer: This would be the cheapest and most basic package. Members of this program would fly in "coach class" seats. They pay the minimum, they get the minimum. When they have a complaint it is taken into consideration of course but remember they arent contributing alot. They get a normal meal, drinks, and packages of peanuts.

Valued Customer: This would be more expensive to maintain a membership because it has added perks. Members of this program would fly in "business class" seats. Bigger seats, with LCD TV's on the arm of the chairs, and a few other bells and whistles. Quicker Flight Attendant response time, a meal, drink, alcoholic berverages, candy, popcorn, etc. When they have a complaint the airline is taking notes and sitting in hour long meetings and spending hours doing whatever it takes to make their valued customers happy. These customers pay alot for luxury.

Loyal Customer: This would be the most expensive membership to maintain because it gives you everything but the kitchen sink. Big Reclining seats with foot rests, A 25 inch or bigger Plasma TV on the back of the chair in front. A Fold down Tray with a cup holder, Instant flight attendant service, all of the food and drinks listed earlier plus shaved ice, good wine and champaign, maybe even some liquor. WHenever youre hungry, just ask for a full meal and its there in 5 to 10 minutes. These members shell out the cash. maybe even time in special programs to help the airline our like a referal program. When these members complain the company is mailing out personal apology letters of inconvience, and is already working to implement or fix the problem. If they loose one of these members, or a potential member goes to another airline they're out big time!

Now what I said above is a very exadurated scenario to show the points Im talking about. You listen to your player base aways. The people that pay monthy but can quit whenever they desire. You also listen to your 6 month or yearly members closer cause they are provideing more money at one given time and my continue their sub. The montly members might like the perks of the 6 month and yearly subs so they may upgrade. Then you have your LTS members. People think that once they shell out that large rishy investment, the complany has their money and screw them over. What the other members dont realize is if they upgrade to a LTS they will be crewed over as well. If Cryptic values its higher paying/paid customers and want more people to upgrade to thoes subs they will not mess with them more then they alrealdy have.

I get asked by people all the time if the LTS is worth it and what are the pro's and con's of it. These are either new players or monthly paying players that want to get a LTS and shell out 300 dollars. Cryptic might not be paying attention but regular players are becomming LTSers probably every week. Rewarding these people and respecting their wishes will show other potentials that they can trust Cryptic to uphold its values. If the LTSers get bonus items time to time that can entice other people to get a LTS for never having to pay again and getting new toys to play with. IF they always go C-Store right away people will wait for it and can still quit the game any month they want.
Closed Thread