Lt. Commander
# 21
06-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull454 View Post
Yes Nagus you are right to a point.
Actually, the fact that Cryptic has already added the pre-order "exclusives"(note the quotation marks) in direct response to people asking for them, that shows that I am completely right
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-24-2010, 11:59 AM
The Galaxy-X will eventually show up in the C-Store for one reason -- it will bring in new revenue.

I personally won't buy it, but if you look at and/or read the threads around here, there are plenty of people that will.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull454 View Post
Yeah, that's right, the X should not be put on the C-Store.

The main reason is that it wasnt something we could allbuy by just sitting on our butts preordering a bunch of retail boxes. Thoes of us that have it went the extra mile by bothering and hassling our friends and family to buy the game and sub for a month or two, lol. Everyone has equal chance to still get it if they go out and find people. If you have to introduce people to it at your AA meeting or at school during a break, you'r going to find people that like STO, and you're going to find people who might buy and sub cause they can easily afford it and like sifi games.

Another reason is if it is to be realeased on C-Store it should not have the Cloak and Spinal Lance. Thoes abilities should be exclusive to the Dreadnaught. The C-Store version should be a regular T5 ship like the Soverign. Releaseing the X with all of its features would unbalance the already unbalanced game play, it would make the klink pvper's angry since they dont like a ship decloaking off their stern with DHC's blazing.

My final reason why the dreadnaught should not be C-Stored is because of mainly reason 1 and the fact that the people that fairly got it went the extra step for Cryptic to get new subscribers that might stay with the game. Nothing is more important then recruiting more paying customers.

I dont like the fact that some of the bonus items were placed on the store so fast. Some people worked really hard to earn the money to get them. Liberated Borg Captain being one. Cryptic was going to give it to people that spent money on a lifetime sub. If it goes on the C-Store it should cost as much as a LTS, that is fair to the ppl that got it and want to get it. Cryptic I hope you're listening.

There are somethings that blood loyal customers will do for their devs like LTS's and completeing RAF programs. The reason is irrelavent, the fact that they spent the time and money is what counts. Cryptic you got some of your cusomters to go out and advertise for you saving you money for advertisement. Would you take our reward for that and make it obtainable for a couple of dollars for people that did nothing?

If the X is open to the public it should be a 500 or 600 day Vet reward. I already believe the Table Vet reward is too short. It should be 500 days minimum. It is a sanctuary of quietness for lifers and soon it will be full of people like SB01.

Most of you that will read this will disagree and I welcome your opinions. As always, people want what they cant have, handed to them on a silver platter, while others toil to earn it, but for thoes of you that have the X, what do you think?
If you were to put this up on the forums a couple weeks ago I would have agreed with you on pretty much every account. Unfortunately, Cryptic has lost a lot of our trust after the Mega C-Store Update. I never tried to get five people to sign up so that I could get the ship. I didn't even try to get ONE person for my own reasons. I resolved that I would never get it, except for possibly a 500-600 day vet reward, which I pushed for with a passion. Well, now that marketing has decided to cheapen the deals with caving in to the vocal whiners I feel that the only way to be fair to early adopters is to put everything up for sale, including this one.

Please keep your posts clean. Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen"

EDIT: I apologize for the vulgar language. I have changed the post accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
The point of this thread is useless.

Cryptic announced that Galaxy X will be available via C-Store in the "near future."

I will NEVER participate in Cryptic's promotions. I've learned my lesson.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
I think that the Galaxy X is about butt ugly, but I think I may have to get one now.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Unfortunately, Cryptic has lost a lot of our trust after the Mega C-Store Update.
From about ... 10 ... 15 people? Maybe 20?
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenn View Post
From about ... 10 ... 15 people? Maybe 20?
A few more than that(see results), but obviously the minority.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm totally against mainstream availability of Starfleet Cloaked Ships.
This will have disastorous impact on the already fragile Klingon PvP player base.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
A few more than that(see results), but obviously the minority.
Ah, i see, i wonder how many voted no because the galaxy x is just a ugly ship (sorry, it is!). :p

It looked like some sloppy work, even ~ 15 Years ago.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Actually, the fact that Cryptic has already added the pre-order "exclusives"(note the quotation marks) in direct response to people asking for them, that shows that I am completely right
No all it proves is cryptic=carebears
Closed Thread