Lt. Commander
# 21
06-24-2010, 01:51 AM
I would like to join but for European players it will be at 2:00AM - 4:00 AM... It is to late for us. It is a shame I will no longer be up at this time It make me very sad.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-24-2010, 06:35 AM
I hope the event does not cloud the issue that "Big Dig" is not particularly interesting and usually takes a very long time for the usually small groups that bother with it.

The Space Fleet Actions are much more fun, and are much more doable even for smallest groups (2-3 players).
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-24-2010, 06:54 AM
If there is anything you can do to change the schedule for such events 2 or 3 hours earlier, it would be greatly appreciated by your fellow European players and Tribble Test server users.

Of course, it might suck for the American players then because they are still working at the time. But... I want to play with the Devs, too!
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
If there is anything you can do to change the schedule for such events 2 or 3 hours earlier, it would be greatly appreciated by your fellow European players and Tribble Test server users.

Of course, it might suck for the American players then because they are still working at the time. But... I want to play with the Devs, too!
I think it would mostly suck for the Devs, who would have to stay up until ridiculous hours to make it happen. I agree that it sucks for you Europeans, too.

As for the CE being possible in a PUG...sure, it's possible, but I would argue it takes more luck than skill. The luck comes in when you try to find a group that (a) knows what they're doing, (b) is willing to communicate, and (c) is griefer-free.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

or if Devs could give two events of same content for example : for American players as it is, and for European folks another time of the same weekend... if it is possible for them. It would be most appreciated and great. I know that Devs are very busy, but it is just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
The Star Trek Online development team will be on the Tribble Test Server playing through several Fleet Actions this Friday, June 25th from 5 7 p.m. PDT (GMT -7)!

Link to the news article.
Crystalline Entity: So bad even the Dev's won't do it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-24-2010, 09:27 AM
i agree with the euro time gives us some time with the Devs fairs fair we pay for this game too im not getting or staying up to 4am just to play with the devs play for a few hours in the morning at work with us europeans
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
i agree with the euro time gives us some time with the Devs fairs fair we pay for this game too im not getting or staying up to 4am just to play with the devs play for a few hours in the morning at work with us europeans
Every single time the devs have done something it was always during their working hours. Always.

And every single the European community complains about it. Always.

The developers have a 9 - 5 job. They've already demonstrated that they aren't going to hold events at 3 am their time just so you can attend. So either make time in your schedule or don't, but continuing to complain about this is like screaming at the wind.

It makes no sense, because the wind can't hear you and isn't going to change anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Every single time the devs have done something it was always during their working hours. Always.

And every single the European community complains about it. Always.

The developers have a 9 - 5 job. They've already demonstrated that they aren't going to hold events at 3 am their time just so you can attend. So either make time in your schedule or don't, but continuing to complain about this is like screaming at the wind.

It makes no sense, because the wind can't hear you and isn't going to change anyway.
Well, a 2 pm to 4 pm play session on a Friday would work for most of Europe, no? That's 9 pm to 11 pm GMT, no?

However, I can see that being a huge limiting factor as their players in the Americas would either just be getting off work or still be at work.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
Fair _is_ fair. I'm not a dev but I'd be glad to simulate the experience for you. We can go to a fleet action, you can talk my ear off, then I can completely disregard your feedback any time you want.