Lt. Commander
# 11
06-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Sounds similar to EvE in a way, not that there is anything wrong with that.

I would like to see things giving the impression that the Empire is in an expansionistic phase. It has slept long enough, it is time for the Klingons to grow.
Thats for sure. And if we were going to get open pvp there would have to be some kind of bounds rather then killing noobs. Take WoWs PvP realms for example. A fed flying around fed space, not pvp flaged unless he typed /pvp into his bar, but if he goes into contested space "Neutral zones/card/romulan space mabye" he is automaticly flaged. And if he realy feals lucky he flies into Klingon space, not everyone in Klingon space is flaged just the people who engage him and the people who are flaged by choice. In other words raids on Fedaeration spacwe and Klingon space can become a reality...
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta122 View Post
Thats for sure. And if we were going to get open pvp there would have to be some kind of bounds rather then killing noobs. Take WoWs PvP realms for example. A fed flying around fed space, not pvp flaged unless he typed /pvp into his bar, but if he goes into contested space "Neutral zones/card/romulan space mabye" he is automaticly flaged. And if he realy feals lucky he flies into Klingon space, not everyone in Klingon space is flaged just the people who engage him and the people who are flaged by choice. In other words raids on Fedaeration spacwe and Klingon space can become a reality...
Exactly and it's WoW that inspired the idea. I first started playing there on a PvP server. However, I had the experience of a end-game Rogue grief me because he was bored and I, just starting out, couldn't do anything about it. Now, credit where credit is due, he was just hoping I would call out to the Alliance side high level characters to come fight him since there (at the time) was no other way to initiate a match with high levels, but the end result was the same. I dropped the server and started over on a PvE server.

I loved the idea that if there was a big battle going on, I had the choice if I wanted to get involved or not. I chose if I wanted to join the fight or heal my friends or whatever, but if I wasn't in the mood or in a hurry or whatever, I could safely just walk on by. Granted the argument is that "But you are federation military you HAVE to help!". Wel, that's just it. My CHARACTER is, however I am not. I should have the choice if I want to join or not and then, if it's really important, adjust my personal character story accordingly.

See, he WANTED to join, but he had secret orders from the uber secret chapter 13 federation spy organization that said his mission to grind the Hromi sector was much more important...
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-24-2010, 10:57 AM
See a choice would be cool with me. and maby had the Badlands to be the only Automaticly Open pvp zone and everywhere else is /pvp to flag your self or atack someone that is already flaged. that would be cool as well.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-24-2010, 11:48 AM
All these ideas sound great!! Sign me up.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
sadly it is not up to me but to Criptic...