Lt. Commander
# 21
06-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
There surely is, gold star for knowing that! Unfortunately for you, none of your analogies relate to this discussion, whether you mean them in a literary OR a literal sense. If you need more explanation, you tried to compare the majority of people who want the Gal-X added to the C-store to a group of children while comparing the minority of people who do not to parents. The reason that analogy fails is because parents make the ultimate decision regarding the wishes of their children, while the minority group who wants the Gal-X to remain "exclusive" has absolutely no deciding power(nor is any more mature than the other group, which is usually the case of parents).

The only way that analogy could make ANY sense if you were comparing ALL of the players(both those who want the Gal-X in the C-store and those who dont) to children, and Cryptic to the parents, since Cryptic is the one that makes the ultimate decision on this matter. However, Cryptic has already demonstrated their "parental" views: they will isten to what the majority of their "children" want. The only question at this point is how LONG it will be before the Gal-X makes its way into the C-store
One last thing: the children are us, the players. The parents are Cryptic, the developers. It actually wasn't intended to be as complicated as you made it. But thanks for playing!
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherPower
Anyhoo, I only commented to put in my two cents (which is about all it's worth, admittedly), not to pour compost into your Corn Flakes (there I go again with analogies that have nothing to do with anything literal).
If you are suggesting that your input thus far can be likened to compost, that is the best analogy you have made in this thread
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
If you are suggesting that your input thus far can be likened to compost, that is the best analogy you have made in this thread
Just feedin' the plants, they seem to be coming along nicely. (Too obscure?)
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
One last thing:
I love it when people say this is the last thing they have to say, then post again right after it. It really shows just how much they mean what they say
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
I love it when people say this is the last thing they have to say, then post again right after it
Oh, right, for all the literalists out there, what I should have said was:

"One last thing regarding The Grand Nagus' misinterpretation of my aforementioned analogy:", etc., etc.

Having a face-to-face conversation with you must be exhausting.

Brevity is the soul of wit, my friend.

Okay, your turn.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Oh, right, for all the literalists out there, what I should have said was:

"One last thing regarding The Grand Nagus' misinterpretation of my aforementioned analogy:", until this very post that I am making now
Fixed for you

Quote:
Having a face-to-face conversation with you must be exhausting.
Ah, the classic ad hominem. How unexpected
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Fixed for you

Ah, the classic ad hominem. How unexpected
So you have taken Basic Reasoning. How wonderful for you. Next?
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Next?
Next, at least in the broad sense of the word, Cryptic will be adding the Gal-X to the C-store, and I imagine you will have quite a fit. I recommend a mild depressant when that terrible situation occurs
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Next, at least in the broad sense of the word, Cryptic will be adding the Gal-X to the C-store, and I imagine you will have quite a fit. I recommend a mild depressant when that terrible situation occurs
As I've said before, I support any marketing decision made by Cryptic which will ensure maximum revenue for the company, and thus, the game.

My interest in keeping the Galaxy-X out of the C-Store is only one of personal aesthetics, not of offsetting any fits or depressive episodes. The cache of owning a Galaxy-X will be reduced when they are no longer a rare item.

I am speaking only for myself (remember the "two cents" comment? That, too, was an analogy), and am loathe to offer speculation regarding anyone else's motivations.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
My interest in keeping the Galaxy-X out of the C-Store is only one of personal aesthetics, not of offsetting any fits or depressive episodes.
Thats good news! Perhaps you will feel well enough to encourage some of your comrades who do not feel as well as you when that blackest of days dawns
Closed Thread