Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
As you may have known, Cryptic has listened to pretty much everyone's request.

Most of the promotional items labelled "exclusives" were handed out for petty prices in C-Store with utter disregard to those who took "leap of faith" and purchased lifetime subscription or collectors who purchased various copies of STO, only to see them sold in C-Store for fraction of the original costs.

So far, most of the "exclusives" were merely "early access" before the introduction in C-Store. My question is this. Should we participate in any more of Cryptic's promotion that rewards us with exclusive items?

Should we really spend time and money to participate when the items will be available via C-Store for fraction of the time and money you spent in promotion?

I hope that this poll will help assess the community's stance regarding Cryptic's magnificent promotions.

Would you ever participate in Any Star Trek Online's Promotions?

After you vote, feel free to share your thought

EDIT

Great news! Cryptic just announced that Galaxy-X Cruiser will be available via C-Store! This is amazing. Just amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh, cool. Another poll. I really should participate in more of these.

I've said this before and I'll say it here. Why work for something when you can just wait a month or two to get it for almost nothing? I would have been more than willing to make the Galaxy-X a Vet reward or an incredibly hard to receive accolade, but after seeing all the crap they flung up recently I'm kinda happy that they're doing it. I'm just waiting for my Borg captain and the remaining vendor bonuses to be slapped up.

Lt. Commander
# 3
06-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Absolutely not why bother with this joke of a company?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-24-2010, 05:00 PM
I love joke polls with obviously biased answers. Their so funny
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I love little whiny kids that get what they want by crying it amuses me so thanks nagus

Of course not crytpic cant do anything right so why bother promoting their products instead it's better to tell people don't bother with anything exclusive because cryptic will sell it for next to nothing very soon.

On a side note why do you think they released the other items when they did perchance that some of us might still get referals look how long the kept their silence on this
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
I love little whiny kids
I love irony
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Yes, I would participate in promotions, but not because of the small trinkets that are offered for a reward. Those have not been a factor for me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
Yes, I would participate in promotions, but not because of the small trinkets that are offered for a reward. Those have not been a factor for me.
You mean you would encourage people you know to try a product you like simply because you want them to enjoy it too, even if you dont get some shiny trinket for doing so? What kind of lunatic are you?!?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You mean you would encourage people you know to try a product you like simply because you want them to enjoy it too, even if you dont get some shiny trinket for doing so? What kind of lunatic are you?!?

For one thing I think the Galaxy is the second ugliest ship in the Star Trek universe, the first being the Galaxy X.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I love joke polls with obviously biased answers. Their so funny
Biased answers? I don't think so. They were all realized in the actual setting?
Closed Thread