Lt. Commander
This just in: Ive just received confirmation that there are solid plans to add the Galaxy-X to the C-Store in the very near future. Also, for those who already purchased several copies of STO just to get the Galaxy ship, well be gifting you $50 worth of CP as a special thank you.

I'm working on getting more info; we got the approval to make this announcement early to ensure that individuals who might have been tempted to purchase multiple copies of the game solely to get the Galaxy-X are fully aware of the fact that they'll soon be able to get it another way.

Feedback, comments, suggestions, and questions should stick to this thread. Thanks!

Update: Our script for granting the gift of $50 worth of CP to eligible players has been completed. Note - we granted this bonus to all players who had earned the Galaxy-X by becoming a Master Recruiter before 6-24-10, not only players who purchased 5 copies themselves. All players who were eligible should see this bonus reflected in their current CP balance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-24-2010, 03:30 PM
so is the referral system over now that the insentive is going to be purchasable?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Will the cost be approximately the same (or a bit more) as the TOS Connie? Also, are you planning on adding the Holographic Tribble & Officer as well?

*pulls up a lawn chair and munches on his popcorn*
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
This just in: Ive just received confirmation that there are solid plans to add the Galaxy-X to the C-Store in the very near future. Also, for those who already purchased several copies of STO just to get the Galaxy ship, well be gifting you $50 worth of CP as a special thank you.

I'm working on getting more info; we got the approval to make this announcement early to ensure that individuals who might have been tempted to purchase multiple copies of the game solely to get the Galaxy-X are fully aware of the fact that they'll soon be able to get it another way.

Feedback, comments, suggestions, and questions should stick to this thread. Thanks!
Any Klingon version of that incentive coming?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
Any Klingon version of that incentive coming?
I don't have any information on that, I'd keep an eye out for any updates from DStahl regarding the development updates (usually the Engineering Reports). If anything regarding new Klingon ships is announced it will most likely come through him.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:

So, when are you going to reimburse the CO lifers that you just screwed over? What are you going to give them? They deserve some form of compensation. I'm glad to see that you're sticking to your guns and giving more sh** out for next to nothing, but giving free CP to people that don't deserve it is just another kick in the Dyson Spheres (as someone so eloquently put it in another thread) to those who invested in your products.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I asked this over in the thread where you originally made the announcement, but I'll go ahead and ask it here, since this is apparently the official thread.

Quote:
Also, for those who already purchased several copies of STO just to get the Galaxy ship, well be gifting you $50 worth of CP as a special thank you.
Does this include the people who have legitimate referrals, or just those people who bought 5 copies from Cryptic/Atari (since you obviously can't tell who bought copies from 3rd parties such as Steam)?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-24-2010, 03:46 PM
I don't have access to the dollar amounts here, but does that $50 equate to 5000 Cryptic Points?

Is that over and above the 2000 points which would have been earned from the referral process anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
I don't have access to the dollar amounts here, but does that $50 equate to 5000 Cryptic Points?

Is that over and above the 2000 points which would have been earned from the referral process anyway?
It's 80 CP per $1, so I guess they'll be giving away 4000 CP.

I would also like to know how Cryptic will determine if someone bought all 5 copies instead of 5 friends?

Will there be any CP given to the people who bought 1 copy & sub to get the Holographic Tribble & Officer? (assuming, of course, those will be added to the C-Store, as well)
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't understand why you're rewarding people for being impatient and having disposable income?

You've never given anyone else compensation for buying multiple copies of the game to get an item (or many items) and you've not reimbursed the CO Lifers (who as i can see are still crying about it) either.

So why are you doing it now?

I think you guys need to re-evaluate your "gift" for the impatient people and stick by the stance you took when you put the Pre-order "exclusives" on the C-store.