Lt. Commander
# 11
06-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I really enjoy this game. But what I also enjoy is that I had enough patience to not buy multiple copies... All I can say to people that are torked off by this is "you made the choice". Ah... the sweet smell of entitlement
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Normally, I'm not one to gloat...but...Yeah, I knew this was going to happen.

Take a look back in the threads peeps...once one "exclusive" item went in the C-Store, you know it's only a matter of time before they all do.

So, my Mirror Universe Uniforms might be only $3.50...but your Galaxy-X isn't going to be much more then that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig-Wolf View Post
So, my Mirror Universe Uniforms might be only $3.50...but your Galaxy-X isn't going to be much more then that.
I'm not so sure about they, they are giving out 50 dollars of C-store points to the people who got it. so I would say that is what it is worth.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
So, when are you going to reimburse the CO lifers that you just screwed over? What are you going to give them? They deserve some form of compensation. I'm glad to see that you're sticking to your guns and giving more sh** out for next to nothing, but giving free CP to people that don't deserve it is just another kick in the Dyson Spheres (as someone so eloquently put it in another thread) to those who invested in your products.
this

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Now that it has been confirmed, is there any way for the mods to merge and/or close some (all?) of the threads concerning the Galaxy X in this sub forum?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I'm not so sure about they, they are giving out 50 dollars of C-store points to the people who got it. so I would say that is what it is worth.
'Tis a bittersweet victory, but a victory nonetheless. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the decision to reimburse people who don't deserve it but kicking everyone else while they're down, though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
'Tis a bittersweet victory, but a victory nonetheless. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the decision to reimburse people who don't deserve it but kicking everyone else while they're down, though.
it's called marketing, and the person who is in charge of it must be an intern. I'm kidding cryptic, but it is a silly move.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Well looks like Im the only one so far, so there:

*STANDING OVATION TO CRYPTIC!!!

I respect this announcement very much, smart move.

Obviously Cryptic has clearly noticed the nerdrage of some who thought they would be the ELITE in a MMO just for investing more money than anybody else.

Unlike the Federation this game is supposed to make money. If you dont understand this, then thats your problem. So stop complaining about something you already got. Namely getting stuff exclusively before anybody else.

P.S. I have nothing at all against people buying exclusive stuff with how ever much money the want to throw at it. What grates massively on my nerves is the incessant complaining of a selected few when its made widely available.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
This just in: Ive just received confirmation that there are solid plans to add the Galaxy-X to the C-Store in the very near future. Also, for those who already purchased several copies of STO just to get the Galaxy ship, well be gifting you $50 worth of CP as a special thank you.

I'm working on getting more info; we got the approval to make this announcement early to ensure that individuals who might have been tempted to purchase multiple copies of the game solely to get the Galaxy-X are fully aware of the fact that they'll soon be able to get it another way.

Feedback, comments, suggestions, and questions should stick to this thread. Thanks!
WOW This is great news! I look forward to buying this ship!! And you are going to compensate folks too?! Color me SHOCKED! It's really the right thing to do for the players! KUDOS

If you do something for CO Lifers who bought it for MU Uniforms and Closed Beta I will impressed and a happy camper once again!
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
While I can agree with this logic to an extent, I don't think Cryptic will charge 4,000 CP for the Galaxy X. I think the (majority of) people who were waiting for it to hit the C-Store will not pay that much for it. Of course, I could be wrong (and I often am, heh), but $50 just sounds to high to me.

I'm betting more around 1,000-1,500 CP or so. *Maybe* 2,000 CP. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

(I, personally, don't want the ship, so I really don't care how much they charge for it; just a feeling I have.)