Lt. Commander
# 21
06-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
it's called marketing, and the person who is in charge of it must be an intern. I'm kidding cryptic, but it is a silly move.
Whenever I hear about Atari/Cryptic's marketing division, I keep thinking of the Sirius Cybernetic Corporation.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-24-2010, 04:20 PM
/facepalm

It feels like STO does more updates to its micro-transactions store than some facebook agmes do right now

I was originally ok with the idea of the c-store, I expected minor fluff items with no game impact, and since the devs said all items in the c-store would be obtainable in game though some ways back then, It didn't really bother me too much, but this is getting silly now.

The only thing that truely saddens me is that in most games, when you are unhappy with changes in the gam,e you can vote with your feet, sadly, alot of the people that are getting walked over with alot of these C-store promotions are the people that got lifetime subs and multiple pre-orders, so they can't do that. I know some are happy that people that paid so much money on the game got burnt, but I still think its bad marketing to hurt players that have invested so much money and effort into the game, since alot of the time, they are your core and loyal fans.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-24-2010, 04:24 PM
All hands prepare for incoming Friday Bomb!

*shakes and falls from stool*
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
it's called marketing, and the person who is in charge of it must be an intern. I'm kidding cryptic, but it is a silly move.
I'm guessing that this was a slip of the, er, keyboard, and the $50-worth-of-CPs will be for any of the Master Recruiters before this date. At least I would hope so. There's no real way for them to tell who bought N<=5 copies and who recruited N<=5 people. I asked this of Destra, and hopefully there'll be a more clear answer.

Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if Atari marketing is run by an intern.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
All hands prepare for incoming Friday Bomb!

*shakes and falls from stool*
Heh, I'm betting the devs that will shortly be playing in the Tribble test wish they would've held off for a few hours before announcing it. I predict a lot of angry words and questions for them during the test, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Heh, I'm betting the devs that will shortly be playing in the Tribble test wish they would've held off for a few hours before announcing it. I predict a lot of angry words and questions for them during the test, lol.
yep.. that is why I'm not going. it's going to be all about this now.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Another epic fail for cryptic well done guys keep angering those of us who help you
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Well the ones who bought STO x 5 for the Gal-X don't have a leg to stand on, especially if they advocated putting MU Uniforms in the C-Store. Fair is fair. The only legit complaints are from folks who did the RAF program as designed.

But Cryptic opened themselves up to this with the recent C-Store update. Every exclusive that people want will be in the C-Store once they can balance MT items with ones obtained in-game. I suspect the cool canon ones will be in the store and non-canon equivalents will be obtainable via playing.

Any future exclusives are gonna have to be something nice but non-canon so everyone won't lust over them until it gets sold to the masses.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't have a Galaxy-X but I think it's going to be really dumb seeing everyone flying around with one after the C-Store update. lol

Especially considering now you'll have entire fed fleets cloaking against each other ala Klingon vs. Klingon style.

Stupid as hell.

Should have kept it to the referral system or removed it altogether.

Also - I doubt anyone will participate in the referral system ever again. lol.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Darnit.. another thing I have to buy!

Seiously, thanks Cryptic.. when I get a couple of RL issues taken care of first, I'll be in line to buy some CPoints. Loving the store offerings lately. All those uniforms and stuff! FUN!