Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I learned my lesson for participating in STO promotions including most of t he "pre-order" exclusives, Lifetime subscription, and lastly, refer a friend promotion.

Never participate in Cryptic's Promotion.

Why waste time and money when Cryptic will introduce the items via C-Store for mere fraction of the original "cost?"
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-24-2010, 03:50 PM
To quote EvilSmoo's avatar-

It's just... good business

XD
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
well the galaxy-x technically could be called almost free. all you have to do it invite your friends, and have them spend their money on the game. while I believe that the galaxy-x should never be in the game more or less in the C-store. nothing forced the people to go out, and but 5 copies, and five one moth subs. if they put in a little hard work and invited some friends they could of gotten it for free.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugen4 View Post
To quote EvilSmoo's avatar-

It's just... good business

XD
LOL
This.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
This just in: I’ve just received confirmation that there are solid plans to add the Galaxy-X to the C-Store in the very near future. If you are purchasing the Steam sale solely for the Galaxy-X referral rewards, you’ll get a better deal if you wait for this item to hit the C-Store. Also, for those who already purchased several copies of STO just to get the Galaxy ship, we’ll be gifting you $50 worth of CP as a special thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
well the galaxy-x technically could be called almost free. all you have to do it invite your friends, and have them spend their money on the game. while I believe that the galaxy-x should never be in the game more or less in the C-store. nothing forced the people to go out, and but 5 copies, and five one moth subs. if they put in a little hard work and invited some friends they could of gotten it for free.
I don't know what kind friends you have, but none of my friends watch Star Trek or let alone, play Star Trek.

How is it "free?" The time and effort that people spend to recruit five people can be computed as part of the "cost." As for me, I am an impulsive buyer, so I decided to purchase 5 copies and have them subscribed, to receive this ship.

And so soon, Galaxy-X will be available via C-Store.

I don't know how far Cryptic is taking with prioritizing cheap and quick cash flow over long-term customer satisfaction? (Offering monthly subscription, ingame transaction, cheapening promotional items, and lifetime subscription?) Never saw a MMO title that flip-flopped on its stances, so many times.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
I don't know what kind friends you have, but none of my friends watch Star Trek or let alone, play Star Trek.

How is it "free?" The time and effort that people spend to recruit five people can be computed as part of the "cost." Perhaps I've been an impulsive buyer, so I decided to purchase 5 copies and have them subscribed, to receive this ship.

And so soon, Galaxy-X will be available via C-Store.

I don't know how far Cryptic is taking with prioritizing cheap and quick cash flow over long-term customer satisfaction? (Offering monthly subscription, ingame transaction, cheapening promotional items, and lifetime subscription?) Never saw a MMO title that flip-flopped on its stances, so many times.
you missed the work almost. i said it was almost free. the almost covers your time in to getting your friends to play.

as for my friends all of my real life friends are computer nerds, who most of them play EVE, and SWG. now I chose not to recruit them because I feel the game is not really yet.

and the bright side at least they did this now when there are less people who have it, instead of down the road when more people had already did what was needed to get the galaxy-x.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
you missed the work almost. i said it was almost free. the almost covers your time in to getting your friends to play.

as for my friends all of my real life friends are computer nerds, who most of them play EVE, and SWG. now I chose not to recruit them because I feel the game is not really yet.

and the bright side at least they did this now when there are less people who have it, instead of down the road when more people had already did what was needed to get the galaxy-x.
My apologies for harsh words. I was just so furious with Cryptic's recent announcement that I lost my self-control.

I play Eve Online too and when they introduce "exclusive ships" or "items," they will never have them available again.

I own 4 Guardian-Vexors, 1 Raven State Issue, and several of Freki and Mimir. Did I ever see them available to general populous again? I don't think so.

This is so ridiculous. I feel so pathetic, spending so much time and money, collecting these exclusive items.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
This is so ridiculous. I feel so pathetic, spending so much time and money, collecting these exclusive items.
Careful, someone might feel obliged to say "I told you so."

Though I don't think my posts are that widely read...
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
My apologies for harsh words. I was just so furious with Cryptic's recent announcement that I lost my self-control.

I play Eve Online too and when they introduce "exclusive ships" or "items," they will never have them available again.

I own 4 Guardian-Vexors, 1 Raven State Issue, and several of Freki and Mimir. Did I ever see them available to general populous again? I don't think so.

I feel your pain... personally I think this is another stupid move on Atari/cryptic's marketing.