Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Careful, someone might feel obliged to say "I told you so."

Though I don't think my posts are that widely read...
Yea so much for me having an ounce of faith in Cryptic, in appeasing collecting aspect of this game.

Once again, I learned my lesson. Never participate in Cryptic's promotions.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
Not so! I am still happy about my pre-lifer order. Even when they add the Borg cap to the C I will be happy, because it WAS a deal.

Now the other offers, I don't know. I got one copy of the game, with the NX registry and Kaaahhhn! emote (I like Khan!) Oh, and the little turret thing, that's nice a low levels.

I thought about the other crap, then decided it wasn't worth the investment. I love Trek, but I didn't know anything about this Cryptic company. What I know of Atari, well that made me grip my wallet even tighter...

Best way to avoid buyers remorse? Don't buy stuff that has the potential of getting you down, just how I roll. Everyone is different though, I do feel your pain!
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I feel your pain... personally I think this is another stupid move on Atari/cryptic's marketing.
Agreed or its another desperate cash grab cuz the general concensus around the net is this game sux big time way to go cryptic always give in to the criers noone will ever do any of your promotions again
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Gotta love it how people were outraged over hearing that the Galaxy-X was part of the referral program.
And now when they are going to give an optional way to get it people throw up the desperate cash grab sign again.

*sigh* theres just no pleasing people.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-24-2010, 06:17 PM
I will continue to push STO on people. I did it before the Galaxy X, I did it inspite of the Galaxy X and I will continue to push STO to anybody that will spare the time to listen to me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-24-2010, 06:19 PM
And we still get 400 free cryptic points per head!
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
I learned my lesson for participating in STO promotions including most of t he "pre-order" exclusives, Lifetime subscription, and lastly, refer a friend promotion.

Never participate in Cryptic's Promotion.

Why waste time and money when Cryptic will introduce the items via C-Store for mere fraction of the original "cost?"
For real! Only some kind of crazy person would actually recommend a product they like to people they know simply because they want their friends to enjoy it too
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
For real! Only some kind of crazy person would actually recommend a product they like to people they know simply because they want their friends to enjoy it too
That's what I did! You know what it got me?

An empty fleet

Just like my real one...*rushes to the restroom*
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Gotta love it how people were outraged over hearing that the Galaxy-X was part of the referral program.
And now when they are going to give an optional way to get it people throw up the desperate cash grab sign again.

*sigh* theres just no pleasing people.
I have the galaxy x and was against it going to the cstore but I don't cry for what I want so I lose again
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Yea so much for me having an ounce of faith in Cryptic, in appeasing collecting aspect of this game.

My thoughts exactly any future promotions from Cryptic shall be avoided at all cost, after all its cheaper clearly cheaper to wait and it will always be in the c-store later.

At least the Pre-Order items lasted about 4 months before being added, the Galaxy X lasted less then a month since the bug was fixed to claim it. So im guessing the next promotion will be available in the C-store 1 day after the Promotion ends at this rate....