Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Man, I wish my parents were like some of yours. If I cried for something, all I got was told "Better stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about!" Then again, my mom was in the Air Force, and my dad was former Air Force, so they were strict.

And I thank them for it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Man, I wish my parents were like some of yours. If I cried for something, all I got was told "Better stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about!" Then again, my mom was in the Air Force, and my dad was former Air Force, so they were strict.

And I thank them for it.
What kind of nonsensical comment is that? I am 'whining" for a legitimate reason. There's barely any collecting aspect of this game. I thought promotional items are of the few options where I can satisfy my desire to collect, but one promotion after another, Cryptic made them available again for merely a fraction of the original "costs" that they initially offered.

And you are here, whining about how we whine. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye

And I thank them for it.
Qouted for truth if I even thought about whining to get what I wanted the belt came off and you can guess where it went

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
What kind of nonsensical comment is that? I am 'whining" for a legitimate reason. There's barely any collecting aspect of this game. I thought promotional items are of the few options where I can satisfy my desire to collect, but one promotion after another, Cryptic made them available again for merely a fraction of the original "costs" that they initially offered.

I think he is agreeing how it's wrong people come here and whine and they get what they want not us the carebears
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:

Well, first of all, it was a blanket comment about all the people saying that all players have to do is go 'crying to their mommies, and they'll get a cookie.'

And I wasn't whining about how others whine. I was merely pointing out that I'm thankful my parents didn't do that. If I had wanted to whine, I would have thrown some mini-tantrums just like you have.

Take it how you will, but, considering the number of threads and posts you've made on the subject, you won't be happy until you have Cryptic's blood on your hands.

Good luck with that, buddy.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Good grief. Cryptic really can't win with this one, can they?

They make the AGT Galaxy a referral reward - lots of people complain about it, and insist it go into the C-Store or similar instead.

In response, they plan on adding it to the C-Store at a later date - people complain about it, insisting it stays exclusive to the referral program.

It's almost like some people just want to moan about things for the sake of it. I never had a problem with the referral program - it's not that difficult to find people who want keys, and it's just a matter of time before you get the full five. I haven't yet, but I'm in no hurry. And once you get the various perks along the way, the best thing is that they're FREE. So, yeah - very little work required, and no monetary cost, for what is a rather nifty bonus item - and that's a problem how, exactly?

And now that it looks like the AGT Galaxy's going into the C-Store, that's only a good thing - it's easier to get than by touting referrals, but it actually requires money to get it. Seems like a fair trade to me - either you put the work in, or you pay for it. Depends how desperate you are to get your mitts on it, I guess, but it's a good compromise that allows everyone access to an iconic ship with cool in-game powers, without completely undermining the referral rewards scheme.

Cryptic's not perfect, and they've done some things with STO that they could have approached in a better way. This, however, isn't one of them - this is simply them trying to appease as many people as possible, which is pretty good of them, really. And what do they get for it? Bitten on the ass by the player base, that's what - that's gratitude for you...
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
I learned my lesson for participating in STO promotions including most of t he "pre-order" exclusives, Lifetime subscription, and lastly, refer a friend promotion.

Never participate in Cryptic's Promotion.

Why waste time and money when Cryptic will introduce the items via C-Store for mere fraction of the original "cost?"

Same here. You got me 3 times now, But you will NEVER get me again.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Thank the Grand Nagus for the poll. 9/10th of the votes want the Galaxy X to be in the C store.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-24-2010, 09:35 PM
[quote=Commander_Shepherd]Good grief. Cryptic really can't win with this one, can they?

They make the AGT Galaxy a referral reward - lots of people complain about it, and insist it go into the C-Store or similar instead.

In response, they plan on adding it to the C-Store at a later date - people complain about it, insisting it stays exclusive to the referral program.

It's almost like some people just want to moan about things for the sake of it. I never had a problem with the referral program - it's not that difficult to find people who want keys, and it's just a matter of time before you get the full five. I haven't yet, but I'm in no hurry. And once you get the various perks along the way, the best thing is that they're FREE. So, yeah - very little work required, and no monetary cost, for what is a rather nifty bonus item - and that's a problem how, exactly?

And now that it looks like the AGT Galaxy's going into the C-Store, that's only a good thing - it's easier to get than by touting referrals, but it actually requires money to get it. Seems like a fair trade to me - either you put the work in, or you pay for it. Depends how desperate you are to get your mitts on it, I guess, but it's a good compromise that allows everyone access to an iconic ship with cool in-game powers, without completely undermining the referral rewards scheme.

[quote]

Yuo answered your own question its easier to get than doing the referal program thats why so many people are upset
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooKing
Thank the Grand Nagus for the poll. 9/10th of the votes want the Galaxy X to be in the C store.
The carebears always outnumber the ones who actually work for stuff look how many are on welfare
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, I won't be fooled again"
--G.W.B.