Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
06-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeharney View Post
That's STUPID. If Fed Cloak then why do u guys want Romulans.

Isn't it bad enough that Klingon ships cloak.

All this Cross culture tech is BS

Feds using Disrupters
Klingons Using Phasers
FEDs and Klingons with Plasma Torpedos.
etc....

Yeh keep F-in up the game. Good work dummies.

Come on already - this is stupid -

the cross tech aspect actually is not the problem. Starfleet battles andstarfleet command lived quite well with cross tech. boy those are still fun games....


sorry, i'm off for some plasma ballet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
06-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Well, the Pasteur was a medical ship, the Enterprise a dreadnought. And it's funny, because I'm against the Galaxy-X having a cloak. It was explained, that there was no Romulan Empire to speak of left in that timeline and that's why the Federation got the cloak. This doesn't apply here, so I'm against it.
To be fair, I must admit that I had forgotten about the Romulans in that episode (it's been a while since I've seen it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
So what's your problem? Personally I am sure that the Sovereign is the better ship. I'm still planning to get a Galaxy-X. Why? Style. I don't care for the cloak, but I love the look of the Galaxy and want to fly it on T5. (Okay, I'm no PvPer, so I don't affect you anyway.)
What would be so horrible if Federation ships could get a cloak? You say it yourself: It won't make them better in PvP. So as long as Klingon ships and Fed ships are balanced (meaning you get your hull buffed when the feds get cloak.
Alright, as you're not really a PvPer you wouldn't have played any KvK matches. They're a pain in the ass, not because they're close matches or anything like that, but because nobody wants to decloak. People just sit there or fly around for 15 minutes looking for the one person who's either a moron or a bait-tank to pounce on. In almost every case those games take a LOT longer than FvK matches.

With that said I'm not that worried about Capture and Hold maps as you actually do have to decloak in order to cap a flag (contrary to the belief of some believe it or not), but with arenas and the few assault missions that we have, it would be a boring abomination. Nobody plays KvK matches at the max rank, and I do mean nobody as the queues almost always are at 0 and if you try to sit and wait for one to go then you'll be waiting most of the day.

It would be the end of any significant amount of PvP in this game if the Federation got cloaking because people would quit out of boredom and frustration over slow games rather than getting killed all the time.

I really should clarify that I'm not against the ship itself, I'm against it's cloak and the potential snowball effect that it will have in terms of Federation cloaking. If you take the cloak off of the AGT-Galaxy then I will shut up and even support it going into the C-Store, but not with it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
The Romulans are already angry. The whole point of the Romulan story arc for the Feds is to dissuade them from all-out war through force.
Yes I've played it (I have Fed alts ). But the spirit of the Federation is peace, and they will do everything in their power and then some in order to try and maintain it if for no other reason than they wouldn't want a war on two fronts. So why push a delicate situation over the cliff?

Sure Sela might be a little........bent on certain things, but she's not stupid. She'll maintain peace as long as reasonably possible but she knows that the Empire isn't strong enough for full scale war on two fronts either as when they come into the game they'll either be at war with both the Klingons and the Federation or on the edge with both (or a third where it's Romulans and Federation vs. Klingons, in which case they still wouldn't have cloak because the Federation would realize their need of the Romulans as they did in the Dominion war and bend over backwards to make them happy).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
06-26-2010, 03:24 PM
The OP is blowing this out of proportion.

OK, now let's assume every Fed uses a Galaxy X?
-> they just lost all Escorts and Science Vessels.
-> they replaced Assault Cruisers with a worse turning Assault Cruiser with only 2 Tac consoles, which has a cloak and some kind of 45 Beam Overload gun.


The only possible problem is - also in regards of a future Romulan faction - the problem well known from Klingon vs Klingon: The losing side cloaks forever.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
06-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
I'm still planning to get a Galaxy-X. Why? Style. I don't care for the cloak, but I love the look of the Galaxy and want to fly it on T5.
I'm down with this part completely. If I can make it work in T5 I'll be incredibly happy...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
06-26-2010, 05:35 PM
The way I see it is that Starfleet doesn't have as tight rein on their captains as it used to. A Starfleet captain with a cloak would be crossing the line, but there are more important matters to deal with than a Captain that is breaking a treaty. Besides the Romulans aren't on good diplomatic terms with the Federation and in a serious position to war with the Federation based on Starfleet captains using cloaks.

Now if a science ship could cloak, then I would have a problem since the ability to see cloaked ships while cloaked is a game-breaking exploit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
06-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't have a Klingon character and I don't want my Federation ship to have a cloak. Federation ships don't cloak. Apart from turning PvP into an eternal hide-and-seek, it's always to me been a very un-Starfleet thing to do. Klingons cloak, Romulans cloak, Jem'Hadar cloak. The Federation Captains stick to their treaties.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
06-26-2010, 06:52 PM
As far as I am concerned Cryptic just took a giant step backwards. Once again we a seeing the absolute sucking up to the predominately Federation players. They want it, they get it. In the beginning it was to be two totally complete factions. Sorry, Klingons will be PvP centric because they are a warrior race and love to fight.
So Cryptic throws in House vs House. However, no personal dueling??? Well stop the presses, the Feds want to fight amongest themselves too. Lets call it War Games taadaa happy feds. Still no crafting of any kind for the Klingons, even though the system has been revamped and theere are episodic missions for the Feds dealing with "gasp" Klingon crafting. The Vo'Quv was supposed to be big and bad...oops the cloak crashes the system. Instead of fixing it, we nerf the cloak and say its to big to cloak..my ass. tell that to the Romulans and the D'dedrix class warbird. But the feds say its to powerfull...nerf gun hits it again. Now its a big fat target and a waste of skill points. Wait one, the Feds want a big bad ass ship with cloak...ok no problem, coming right up.
Still no crafting for the Klingons, still waiting on episodic missions, still waiting on crafting, I wager the RSE faction get crafting before the Klingons. Still waiting on some additional ship designs..I lost count on how many the feds have. Would love to see the K'Vort class Bird of Prey as a tier 5. I can go on and on, but at this point it's useless. Craig says they are watching and reading the forums, striving to give us players what we are looking for.
I call ******** unless your strictly a federation player. Can't wait to see season 3 and how goofed up the Romulans will be. Hell the Klingons started the war with the Romulans and can't even travel into thier space.
Have to stick to our own little backyard.
But lets make the feds happy and stroke em with a new ship that has cloak! Kiss my
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
06-27-2010, 12:58 AM
I can whole heartly agree to your post Draconianknight, you say what I'm thinking, too.
Cryptic caters to Feds and what the complain about, it's not hard to see their incompetence.

The Feds already started the discussion about the armor and weapons from Voyager Endgame.
Wouldn't be surprised if they would get it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
06-27-2010, 10:26 AM
How many Federation players are there compared to Klingon players? Star Trek always had a major focus on the Federation. Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, and Dominion were always secondary. Star Trek would be a very boring show if every episode was about exploration and diplomacy. IMO, the Klingons were originally added to add some conflict to Star Trek.

If there is any discrepancy between the Federation and Klingons, then it is due to the devs putting effort towards the majority. After all, The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
06-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
I can whole heartly agree to your post Draconianknight, you say what I'm thinking, too.
Cryptic caters to Feds and what the complain about, it's not hard to see their incompetence.

The Feds already started the discussion about the armor and weapons from Voyager Endgame.
Wouldn't be surprised if they would get it.
But why should they not? This type of technology was created around the STO timeline.

What shouldn't happen is that it becomes unbalanced and overpowered. (Or that it becomes useless ).

But I don't see this as a "Fed" thing. I see this as a "Startrek fan" thing. Startrek fans are the guys that find Starfleet, Klingons, Borg, Romulans, Warp Engines, Tricorders and Quantum Torpedoes cool. You might have heard of them. They are a strange bunch of people, to be sure...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 PM.