Lt. Commander
# 11
06-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Shhhh... don't let him hear you say that. :p
D'oh! True, true. However, with ears like he has, I'm afraid he's probably already heard me, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-25-2010, 01:36 AM
How many threads do you need to start about this?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Liberated Borg are not safe to have on your starship. They are always galavanting about stirring up trouble and staging protests and burning their implants. They're a nuisance and a fire hazard!
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-25-2010, 06:55 AM
no______________
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
did you really need to create a thread on the liberated borg linking to another thread on the liberated borg?

why not just say something that sound constructive to bump the original?
Same guy started both threads, both just as pathetic as each other. Stop whining because you weren't here in time OP. It's time Cryptic stopped acquiescing to these infantile QQ demands.

It should not be on C-Store for 3 reasons:

1) To help vindicate the choice of those who bought the lifetime preorder and actually paid a large sum up front to get this game even off the ground.
2) To keep exclusivity in items and not just make everything a money spinning, variety killing 'extra'.
3) To avoid the inevitable of everyone running round as a liberated borg. At the moment most people are in cruisers. Do we really want a game where everyone is a liberated borg in a cruiser? I don't.

Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
Guys, take some time to voice your support!

In Cryptic, we trust! If we gather enough concerns, we will have the liberated borg available via C-Store as well!

So far, this worked for all the exclusive items!

All the non-lifers and star trek fans, show your support on this poll!

Link to the poll!

Tell you the Truth the LB is nothing to write home about... The Real Borg would get my Vote.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-25-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm a Lifer with a Liberated Borg toon (in an Assault Cruiser, huzzah!).

They should be added to the C-Store post-haste.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeMongulator
3) To avoid the inevitable of everyone running round as a liberated borg. At the moment most people are in cruisers. Do we really want a game where everyone is a liberated borg in a cruiser? I don't.
Because this would be so much more terrible than everyone running around as a cat in a mirror universe uniform, right?

Besides, it'd only last a week or two, and then there'd be a different flavor next month.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-25-2010, 07:48 AM
So why are you reposing this thread as a link (which is against forum use policy)? Is it because your poll is not yielding the results you want? You could just bump that thread... oh, that's against forum policy also. Sorry friend, you just have to accept that your thread has fallen beneath the fold or more people in the forum don't want the liberated Borg in the c-store than do.

At the time I responded to this repeat thread the votes were 39% (95 votes) for liberated Borg being in the c-store and 61% (148 votes) against liberated Borg not being in the c-store.

the thing that strikes me is that out of the estimated 30k people who come to the forums regularly only 243 people have even expressed care for this and of that small number it looks like a small majority don't favor the Liberated Borg being a c-store item. That is actually rather interesting in light of the recent addition of c-store items and how people felt about that. I wounder what happened.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-25-2010, 07:52 AM
I don't think the whining, polling and demands in these forums have such a major part in Cryptics decision to put things into the C-Store. After all MOST people who play STO do NOT read these forums regularly.

Probably the C-Store sales themselves convinced Cryptic that it's a great idea to put all those former exclusives into the Store. Every sold item in the C-Store is a vote. Every sold item is a YES. You don't see these votes in the forum, but Cryptic recognizes them.

I see it like this. More sales in C-Store benefit Cryptic and therefore the game MUCH more, than a few dozen happy people with their almost unique and hard to acquire exclusives.
Closed Thread