Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Where you fail is in thinking that the ship is the one and only, end all be all carrot when it isn't.
For some, not everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaxx View Post
For some, not everyone.
That's the sad part really
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
To remove that uncertainty, I think their best move is to make it public that that the exclusivity is only true for a limited amount of time. This way everyone "armed" with the knowledge - he can wait the time or he participates in the promotion program. No one can complain about being scammed or betrayed.

And the reality will probably always be that Cryptic cannot offer "exclusive" items that are exclusive forever. Players will alway ask for another access that doesn't require them to run through promotions hoops (that might not even longer exist - pre-orders can't be done once the game is out...)
Some of us were calling for Cryptic to either outright state that they will never use the term 'exclusive' anymore, or give a final definition of what it means. It's not the sort of thing a company would ever do (every company like their wriggle room) but it's something that would help prevent this sort of furor in the future.

For myself, I am mildly baffled. Cryptic virtually wrote the book on veterans' rewards with CoX. If they really wanted to retain people, the preorder bennies, the COLTS and STOLTs bennies, and even the Galaxy-X would make ready-made vets rewards some x00 days down the line. People would keep subscribing for months and months for that stuff.

Ideally, I would have wanted stuff like this to be awarded for in-game activity. Finish a gruelling mission chain, get one of these bennies. Finish a whole mess of them, do a special mission, get a ship. (I already went over how my dream mission to recover a Lakota-type Excelsior would be.) It's a ready-made source of ideas for content; you can even do it with new playable and BOff races. I can sort of understand why they wouldn't go this route -- it doesn't net them more immediate income outside of subscriptions and requires making more content -- but I WISH they had done it.

Making things veterans' rewards is not as ideal, but it's pretty acceptable, and besides... doing that WILL retain players for months and months, which is a steady stream of revenue.

Putting things up on the C-Store just leaves a bad aftertaste. I'm stupified as to what Atari's marketing people are thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
I will no longer participate in any referal program. Iam sure others agree after this final straw. This game will now continue to go downhill because a) it continues to lose players due to cryptics stupidity b) no one will even bother in getting people for this game after all the actions that have happened and also there is no incentive to do the referals because all the items will just go on cstore c) because they arnt maken enouph money which is fairly obvious due to there actions.

I truely think STO is pretty much finished. It may linger on for those full of hope but after all the actions and really low down that cryptic has done... yep i think this baby is already in the grave..

This games state is just likes swg's state currently.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
how about just stop with the sleazy marketing ploys and recruitment plans and get some real advertising? like maybe TV commercials during popular shows, instead of a one time deal on a sy-fy marathon? maybe a little product placement in a movie or two.

really, if you (Cryptic) want the game community to really grow, you have to do what Blizzard did. spend money on advertising beyond the web. a few banner ads and a bunch of forced word of mouth campaigns just aren't going to cut it.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-25-2010, 02:48 PM
I hear them putting a lot of effort into this game,but...

marketing seems to view it as a disposable rocket, making as much $ as they can until it runs out of steam.
Lt. Commander
The marketing people need to improve the image of the game on the web. Whenever I mention the game to anyone I always get the same thing, "That game got pretty brutal reviews."
Lt. Commander
# 38 Marketing Image change
06-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
I would say "UPGRADED" by this date, not "ACCEPTED" that means that the game would need to be "Purchased" before 6-24-10. This would avoid people pushing through purchases to get the cryptic points. Therefore all would need to be "BILLED" before 7-24-10

GMDestra.... YOU OPENED THIS. CORRECT THE PROBLEM
UPDATE:

THE MATTER HAS BEEN CORRECTED, and it 'Appears" to be as described above. Per a personal message received from Rekhan of Cryptic, at 5:56 PM THis date:

". . ., good news. We'll be extending the Cryptic Points bonus until July 23, so you'll be awarded the bonus once your fifth referral matures."

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
UPDATE:

THE MATTER HAS BEEN CORRECTED, and it 'Appears" to be as described above. Per a personal message received from Rekhan of Cryptic, at 5:56 PM THis date:

". . ., good news. We'll be extending the Cryptic Points bonus until July 23, so you'll be awarded the bonus once your fifth referral matures."

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.
Thanks for the update, Burnsy. I'd still like to see it posted though.

Lt. Commander
# 40
06-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Please keep your posts clean. Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen"
Closed Thread