Lt. Commander
# 1 Open letter to Crytic
06-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Greetings,

I read your post about the Galaxy X today in the forum. I wanted to refer the last 2 guys i need for the X in the next 2-3 days. But now you dont get this customers, cause I dont trust you anymore. With the last C-Store updates you destroyed mostly all exclusive items. Now also the galaxy X. And why you grant the 4000 Crytic points only to people ro referd the 5 guys before 6-24-2010 .. you only want to buy their silence dont you? If youre HQ would be in germany you would have a letter from my lawyer in your mailbox within the next days, cause you promote some as an sxclusive items so that people must to some special for that and a few weeks later its like "oh, it seems we dont earn as much as we thought with that..lets make the item available in the ctore, so that all guys can send us their money"

Until today I was one of the last people out there who defend you when other people says that STO ist still like a alpha softare, there is no content for that monthly fee and so on. But with that I'll think I sell my account for some bucks and I will suggest all of my fleet (9th Fleet one of the biggest fleets ingame!) and all of my refers, not to extend their time at STO.

I hope to get an answer from you, otherwise it'll show that I'm right within not trusting you anymore.

best as possible greeting from germany

(copy of that will also go to your contact email adress and PN to some of your "GM's")
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheJudge- View Post
If youre HQ would be in germany you would have a letter from my lawyer in your mailbox within the next days, cause you promote some as an sxclusive items so that people must to some special for that and a few weeks later its like "oh, it seems we dont earn as much as we thought with that..lets make the item available in the ctore, so that all guys can send us their money"
Sorry but this sentence makes your argument fall apart. It clearly states in the Terms of Service:

Quote:
Price and availability of any product or service are subject to change without notice.
It is in the last paragraph under 12. Purchases
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Greetings,

I read your post about the Galaxy X today in the forum. I wanted to refer the last 2 guys i need for the X in the next 2-3 days. But now you dont get this customers, cause I dont trust you anymore.
For real! What kind of decent person would recommend a game they enjoy playing to their friends simply because they want their friends to enjoy it too, without getting some kind of trinket as a reward?

Quote:
But with that I'll think I sell my account for some bucks and I will suggest all of my fleet (9th Fleet one of the biggest fleets ingame!) and all of my refers, not to extend their time at STO.
Awesome! Now your account will be banned and unusable. Also, I'm sure your fleet appreciates you giving them such a great rep
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Why don't you just refer them and get the X without paying a cent? I've had 12 friends whom I referred to since the beginning before this whole referral rewards stuff. 4 have stopped subscribing to wait for Season 2 and the rest are playing occasionally. We have fun and occasionally still do STFs.

If you like the game, refer friends not for the sake of a ship. The X is just a reward for you getting 5 friends to join you in the game, that it is. Cryptic did not in any shape or form ask you to lie, con or attempt any form of subterfuge to get people in the game nor did they ask you to buy 5 copies of the game and subscribe a month.

If you want the X but for some reason and unable to get 5 people to join you, buy it from the C Store, If you like the game and want others to like it and you're able to get them to play and pay, then you get the X, either way, everyone wins.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2010, 06:49 AM
The galaxy X was never offered as exclusive from the referral program. It said people who recruited five players would get a special ship not exclusive.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2010, 06:50 AM
the last poll i saw said something like 80% of the people wanted items to become available in the c-store. 80% of the player base. us! we asked for it and we got it.

if people did the referral program as intended then they got the ship for free

i could also be wrong but the 4000 odd points apply to the people who bought multiple copies, not everybody that just referred people. you can still refer your friends and get the ship for free. if im wrong then im sure someone will correct me.

its just people have the choice to buy is as it the majority wishes of the public.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
The galaxy X was never offered as exclusive from the referral program. It said people who recruited five players would get a special ship not exclusive.
Actually it was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsthal
Before any more pitchforks get handed out... let me offer up some info before you go burning down the village.

The 3-Nacelle Future Enterprise config will be an exclusive variant of a T5 Galaxy ship we are planning to add to the game as we increase the skillcap at various points in the future. In fact I see plans on the schedule to add T5 versions of the Galaxy, Intrepid, and Defiant class.

So yes - the Future Enterprise - 3 Nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 Galaxy for a while, but there will be ways to get similar ships in the future - they just might not have the 3rd Nacelle - or front mount single phaser cannon.

you may now go back to your regularly scheduled riot...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=98

But I still support their decision
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Actually it was:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=98

But I still support their decision
That says the 3 nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 galaxy for awhile, but there will ways to get similar ships in the future.

In no way does it say the T5 galaxy X will only be offered to people who recruit five players who subscribe for one month each or that it wont be offered in the c-store.

http://startrekonline.com/referral
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
That says the 3 nacelle config is an exclusive "variant" and may be the only T5 galaxy for awhile
exclusive is exclusive..otherwise they had to write exclusive for a month or for a while..but when they would this, noone would refer people to them.

Quote:
For real! What kind of decent person would recommend a game they enjoy playing to their friends simply because they want their friends to enjoy it too, without getting some kind of trinket as a reward?
the same people who refer a nieghbour to a newspaper abo or some like this... the refer programm is to get a reward for that you give crytic payalbe customers...

Quote:
Why don't you just refer them and get the X without paying a cent?
on principle .. crytic spoof their customers with that

Quote:
Awesome! Now your account will be banned and unusable.
they could try this, but before they have to prove that I sold it. When my Neighbour bought it..what do you think what chances crytic had ? Also the german law is a bit different to the amercian law luckyly..so they sell the use-right in germany they also have to contain on the german laws :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
they could try this, but before they have to prove that I sold it. When my Neighbour bought it..what do you think what chances crytic had ? Also the german law is a bit different to the amercian law luckyly..so they sell the use-right in germany they also have to contain on the german laws :p
Its actually pretty easy. They can see your billing info, and when the account holder name and card changes to someone else's, that means you sold it. Also, regardless of where you live you are playing an American game, and you agreed to their terms of service. That means they can do whatever they want to your account if you break their rules
Closed Thread