Lt. Commander
# 11
06-25-2010, 07:21 AM
The actual formal written description of the referral programme on the STO and Atari websites refers to the Galaxy X as a 'special ship', not an 'exclusive'. It's true that dstahl called it 'exclusive' on the forums. But a forum post is not necessarily an official 'word of god' statement, just a casual one.

But forget that. It's not really important. Here's the thing: when the Galaxy X was announced as part of the referral programme, there was massive outcry. A lot of people demanded there be some other way to get the Galaxy X, because they knew they couldn't get the referrals. There were petitions.

So by putting the Galaxy X on the C-store, they're making people happy. Because they're giving players what they asked for. Let's be clear here. They were ASKED to make the Galaxy X available.

They've given a large group of players exactly what they asked for.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-25-2010, 07:24 AM
as you see i have a LTA ..so no need in changing any billing information at all...

i may also stay in the game or just let my account inactive..who knows but I dont support a company who spoof (some) of their customers.

Quote:
Also, regardless of where you live you are playing an American game, and you agreed to their terms of service. That means they can do whatever they want to your account if you break their rules
If it sold in a country they have to accept the national laws, google it

And to the exclusive thing...What do you think will happen to a car company for example who release a "exclusive" Car Edition for 250.000 Bucks insetedt of 25.000 for the normal version. 1 Month later they see..oh..only 5 Peple bought that excluive variant, lets produce it in serial production and for 50.000 Bucks. What do you think how long it takes that the 3 People who bought the car before send the car company a "nice" letter

Quote:
They've given a large group of players exactly what they asked for.
and with that, they spoof all the customers who get it with the reffer programm

All of you who awnserd before and dont share my opinion..let me ask you some...you dont have a refer Galaxy X, dont ya? .. no more questions ...
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheJudge- View Post
as you see i have a LTA ..so no need in changing any billing information at all...

i may also stay in the game or just let my account inactive..who knows but I dont support a company who spoof (some) of their customers.

If it sold in a country they have to accept the national laws, google it

And to the exclusive thing...What do you think will happen to a car company for example who release a "exclusive" Car Edition for 250.000 Bucks insetedt of 25.000 for the normal version. 1 Month later they see..oh..only 5 Peple bought that excluive variant, lets produce it in serial production and for 50.000 Bucks. What do you think how long it takes that the 3 People who bought the car before send the car company a "nice" letter

and with that, they spoof all the customers who get it with the reffer programm

All of you who awnserd before and dont share my opinion..let me ask you some...you dont have a refer Galaxy X, dont ya? .. no more questions ...
Ok you really need to stop with the "law" debate. Once you made an account and started playing, you agreed to the terms of service so no matter where you are, you're playing by their rules. If they wanted, they could revoke your lifetime subscription at anytime because you've accepted the contract with them.

By the way, analogies should be banned from the internet...I've yet to see anyone use them correctly but boy they try incessantly.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Greetings,

I read your post about the Galaxy X today in the forum. I wanted to refer the last 2 guys i need for the X in the next 2-3 days. But now you dont get this customers, cause I dont trust you anymore. With the last C-Store updates you destroyed mostly all exclusive items. Now also the galaxy X. And why you grant the 4000 Crytic points only to people ro referd the 5 guys before 6-24-2010 .. you only want to buy their silence dont you? If youre HQ would be in germany you would have a letter from my lawyer in your mailbox within the next days, cause you promote some as an sxclusive items so that people must to some special for that and a few weeks later its like "oh, it seems we dont earn as much as we thought with that..lets make the item available in the ctore, so that all guys can send us their money"

Until today I was one of the last people out there who defend you when other people says that STO ist still like a alpha softare, there is no content for that monthly fee and so on. But with that I'll think I sell my account for some bucks and I will suggest all of my fleet (9th Fleet one of the biggest fleets ingame!) and all of my refers, not to extend their time at STO.

I hope to get an answer from you, otherwise it'll show that I'm right within not trusting you anymore.

best as possible greeting from germany

(copy of that will also go to your contact email adress and PN to some of your "GM's")

so.. you are not going to invite potential friends to play with you because.... others can pay to get what you get for free, not mentioning the other perks of being a master recruiter?

STO largely is alpha software in quite some ways (outright broken thing like queues for example, faulty team mechanics that prevent people from conveniently join in each others missions.. etc...) not to mention the missing second faction's content... so no news there really.

Honestly, i do not understand why you feel betrayed.
You do earn the galaxy x for free. you also earn a boff, cryptic points and a title noone can buy.

None of that is taken away from you.

The only thing "taken away" is something YOU NEVER HAD in the first place - exclusive access to the ship.

Echt mal, junge, komm wieder runter. Rekrutier deine 2 kumpels und erfreu dich am lohn.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-25-2010, 07:49 AM
OP break cryptics rules at your peril, neither your being a german resident or a LTA subscriber will save you being hit by the Banhammer should you fail to adhere to the terms of service under which you bought / subscribed to the game.

i've seen LTA members that have been banned.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrdden74
By the way, analogies should be banned from the internet...I've yet to see anyone use them correctly but boy they try incessantly.
I wish i could frame this and put it on the main page. Nothing bothers me more than people trying to explain something by comparing it to something else that is totally different to the original topic.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-25-2010, 08:09 AM
still noone answerd my question if you allready own a Galaxy X.... so i take this as a "no" ... come on guys, you want the X too, thats understandable...but I (and also many other players, simple look in the threads here in the board) feel spoofed from crytic, thats it.

If its the first time..ok..but when you follow the forums, you can have a bundle of customors who feld spoofd seveal times in the past where i was one of those guys who say "cool down guys, it could be worse"
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-25-2010, 08:12 AM
I don't have it yet, but i will soon, and i will get it completely FREE!
Unlike those impatient people who will waste their money on the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
I read your post about the Galaxy X today in the forum. I wanted to refer the last 2 guys i need for the X in the next 2-3 days. But now you dont get this customers, cause I dont trust you anymore.
The irony is, that I started today to give my referral keys away. Up to now none of my friends had the time to test it, and there wasn't much interest, but at least I'll be able to play through tutorial and Azura mission with them and maybe have a party on my bridge afterwards. If one buys the game that's just an added bonus. I don't give a crap about the rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
For real! What kind of decent person would recommend a game they enjoy playing to their friends simply because they want their friends to enjoy it too, without getting some kind of trinket as a reward?
What's sad is that these "recruiters" seem to covet pixels in a videogame more than they do the enjoyment of playing with friends. They'd rather have a silly ship in a video game over spending in-game time playing with friends.

Just think about it. Very, very sad indeed. I feel sorry for these people.
Closed Thread