Lt. Commander
# 1 AGT ships, cloaking, PVP
06-25-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm curious what will happen to PVP

More specifically, what will happen once more and more fed players clamor for Cryptic to give other ships a fed cloak, or any other thing they perceive to be imbalanced. Right now, I only see maybe 2-3 AGT ships over the course of a night's round of C/H / arenas (about 5-6 matches for me).

Given how most players do purchase different ship skins now, I can comfortably bet that a lot more AGT ships will arrive when they actually put it up in the C-store. Possibly going to be the most popular with the tac/cruiser DPS crowd.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-25-2010, 10:57 AM
The day that normal fed ships get cloak is the day STO is ruined forever.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
The day that normal fed ships get cloak is the day STO is ruined forever.
hate to burst your little bubble but sto is already ruined.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Fed ships, by rule, do not have cloaking devices. The Defiant only did becaus of the Dominion War, I think (I've never watched DS9 completely) and Pegasus was a illegeal expirement. To keep it canon, normal Fed ships should not have cloaks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2010, 11:10 AM
The impending release of the Galaxy X to C-Store is a disastorous blow for Klingon PvP players...
Coupled with Cryptics policy of not having game changing items in C-Store this suggests mainstream Cloaking for newer Starfleet ship addittions will be coming soon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I seriously doubt that CBS would allow mainstream cloaking.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm surprised they gave it the cloak in the first place. I thought it was just the skin.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
hate to burst your little bubble but sto is already ruined.
In your opinion perhaps.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm not trying to incite a riot with this thread, I just honestly see more and more feds clamoring for a cloakable ship of their own type once the AGT hits the c-store.

If I were a cruiser pilot I'd get one in a heartbeat. I want a neg'vahr fed side, and this is it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
Fed ships, by rule, do not have cloaking devices. The Defiant only did becaus of the Dominion War, I think (I've never watched DS9 completely) and Pegasus was a illegeal expirement. To keep it canon, normal Fed ships should not have cloaks.
If only there were some "war" that might threaten the federation, the romulan star empire AND the klingon empire. That might prompt the federation to once again get some wiggle room and equip cloaking devices.

But it'd have to be some really big baddie. Like the Undine. Or the Iconians.

And that's probably not going to happen. The federation, going to war, with the Undine. Or the Iconians. Hah. Right.