Lt. Commander
# 11 The Liberated Borg Captain
06-26-2010, 08:14 AM
I am sorry for those of you that didnt get the liftime sub to get the borg playable federation character but thats just too bad. You all had plenty of time to get it, it was posted on the website for the entire month of january and lasted til the end of the head start. It was then and should still remain a UNIQUE and limited item for us that did subscribe to the lifetime membership during that period. If Cryptic decides to add it to the veteran rewards it only cheapens the game for us that did the lifer membership back then because now there would be no reason to have the lifetime membership. For us that have our borg captains, this is special, and i implore Crytic and its developer team to keep that item as unique and as limited as possible. Lets face it, not everyone is starfleet was once a borg, and if memory serves, the last day of the beta was when the borg invaded and the first day of the 4 day head start was when starfleet rescued its captured officers. Again, not every in starfleet or the imperial klingon fleet was captured by the borg so why should new players be allowed to play as liberated borg? This post may be selfish but we that have our borg captains want to be different. it would be stupid if every player in STO were suddenly able to play as liberated borg. I ask cryptic that instead of making the liberated borg a veteran reward put in place an android captain. The precedent is in the STO timeline with Captain Data of the Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Well, speaking as a pre-launch lifetime subscriber, I didn't get it because of the Liberated Borg. I purchased it because I liked the idea of not having to pay for STO every month like I do Eve (also, it was $60 cheaper than the normal price).

I do like having the Liberated Borg, but I certainly don't feel the need to think of myself to be special because of it. I'm sure I'm not the only pre-launch lifetime subscriber who feels this way, so please don't project your view on the subject by saying "we," gomikey111.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
The difference is you didn't buy a life time sub, to a game you don't want to play, just to get an outfit in this game.
Umm... What does that have to do with the fact we both dumped a lot of money into Cryptic's hand for a LtS and an accompanying exclusive item for doing so? The case in point is the fact that the CO LtS exclusive item is for sale in the store and ours is not is my point. Desire to play or not play is irrelevant in the scheme of things I'm addressing.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-26-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm going to say this now, so it can be remembered:

DO NOT assume that the Borg Captain will not enter the C-Store.
(I'd stress this point, but only Cryptic is allowed to type something more than once...still miffed about that guys sorry...)

I have 0 doubt in my mind that it will be in the C-Store. It will, it will, it will, it will.

I don't care about "magic" words, or ideas. I don't care about "exclusive" or "unique" (redundancy is awesome).

It will enter the C-Store. I have no "hard proof" and I need none, if you don't believe me; you will see.

(This is an attempt to curb the whining that will also happen when the Borg Captain is released to the C-Store)

I am so sure they are going to do this, I am starting my Fleet's first "Un-official" contest about it
Guess the date, win: a run-a-bout shuttle + 2mill credits + 10 quatloos + 1 choice of console.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
I am so sure they are going to do this, I am starting my Fleet's first "Un-official" contest about it
Guess the date, win: a run-a-bout shuttle + 2mill credits + 10 quatloos + 1 choice of console.
Mhmm...
July

And i will add a Set of 5 breedable tribbles of your choice to the pot :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenn View Post
Mhmm...
July

And i will add a Set of 5 breedable tribbles of your choice to the pot :p
If you are serious, make a list of the tribbles you are throwing in. I will be creating a thread soon, still trying to figure out where to place it (Ten-Forward?)
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-26-2010, 11:29 AM
I vote no.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I also got mine pre-launch, not for the Borg, not for the slots, but because I saw it as the best investment in the long run. I'll admit, the extras are nice, like the extra two character slots, but I don't run Borg captains, even though my alt Tac and one of my Sci officers are Borg. I'll stick with Iaeger and his blue and orange self as long as the game is live. I'd rather see this as a Vet Reward and not a C-Store item. If people want it, they'd, more than likely, stick with things 'till they got it.

Quote:

I say

August 1, 2010

I'll throw in a set of science, tactical, engineering consoles from the Exploration vendors or the PvP vendors to the winner. I'll get whatever 3 they want from the vendors and forward them to him/her.

Quote:
If you are serious, make a list of the tribbles you are throwing in. I will be creating a thread soon, still trying to figure out where to place it (Ten-Forward?)
Take advice from the one from Ten Forward, it'll either get a lot of support from the folks there, be ignored completely, or turned into a dance party. More than likely, it should go over good there.
Lt. Commander
# 19 liberated borg
06-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Giving the ability to every player to be able to claim the liberated borg captain as a veteran reward cheapens the game and to those that want the librerated borg as a veteran reward just because they missed out on the early bird lifert sub.... well to bad. they missed out on it. it was posted on the site for a month. 1 whole month. 30 days. dont tell me that it wasnt enough time to get the lifer sub. those that are wanting it now because they wasted their time and didnt get the lifer when it WAS past tense available just reeks of childish stupidity. the liberated borg captain SHOULD remain exclusive to those that DID pay attention and followed the threads and got the lifer when it was available. to me, putting the liberated borg on the c-store would be like the government giving everyone in america a mansion so we could be like bill gates. its stupid. they would be rewarding ppl for doing nothing. with that said, the ONLY way i would support the liberated borg playable captain being on the c-store would be to have it as a 600 day veteran reward, thats 2 years, equal to the amount of time the lifer sub would pay for before having the lifer sub actually pay for itself. 2 years of time cost about 300 USD. play for that long and you get the veteran reward of the borg captain. its only resonable. if they ppl want that reward so badly they should EARN it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomikey111
Giving the ability to every player to be able to claim the liberated borg captain as a veteran reward cheapens the game and to those that want the librerated borg as a veteran reward just because they missed out on the early bird lifert sub.... well to bad. they missed out on it. it was posted on the site for a month. 1 whole month. 30 days. dont tell me that it wasnt enough time to get the lifer sub. those that are wanting it now because they wasted their time and didnt get the lifer when it WAS past tense available just reeks of childish stupidity. the liberated borg captain SHOULD remain exclusive to those that DID pay attention and followed the threads and got the lifer when it was available. to me, putting the liberated borg on the c-store would be like the government giving everyone in america a mansion so we could be like bill gates. its stupid. they would be rewarding ppl for doing nothing. with that said, the ONLY way i would support the liberated borg playable captain being on the c-store would be to have it as a 600 day veteran reward, thats 2 years, equal to the amount of time the lifer sub would pay for before having the lifer sub actually pay for itself. 2 years of time cost about 300 USD. play for that long and you get the veteran reward of the borg captain. its only resonable. if they ppl want that reward so badly they should EARN it.
While I agree with you in principle (being that the COLTS people such as myself were basically lied to), it is too late for them to reverse policy now. They have opened Pandora's box and it will be on the C-store. Having a STOLTS as well, I have just resigned myself to the fact that they will never have an ounce of credibility to come and all is fair game.

I am going to wager that they will put it up...... July 4... as a weekend special with the AGT Galaxy X.

Why not.....

Go the full 9