Lt. Commander
# 1 new star trek seires poll
06-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Not an official poll from the guys at Cryptic obviously but I know it would be awsome to see a new Start Trek series. This time set in the Terran Empire (A.K.A. mirror universe).

what do u guys think about the idea and who/what should be in it and what point in time it should be in

i will update this post when i feel the majority of ppl have made a descision on something
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-25-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't like the idea of the main characters being evil, so what if it's a Federation starship, sent 50 years into the past, and stuck in the Terran dimension. Then they have to survive.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2010, 09:21 PM
I prefer a series based around 2409, with a Sovereign class...or a Luna class as the main ship with a human captain, Cardassian engineer and whatever else. Bascially a very modern version of TNG with an new ship and crew.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Post removed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm all for a new series. Somebody mentioned earlier a series based on the point of view of enemies/aggressors of the Federation, that would be interesting. It would finally flesh out the Klingon and Romulan backstory a little.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
I prefer a series based around 2409, with a Sovereign class...or a Luna class as the main ship with a human captain, Cardassian engineer and whatever else. Bascially a very modern version of TNG with an new ship and crew.
This. I know it's been done before and it's the same general formula, but stick with what works.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingorion View Post
I'm all for a new series. Somebody mentioned earlier a series based on the point of view of enemies/aggressors of the Federation, that would be interesting. It would finally flesh out the Klingon and Romulan backstory a little.
I agree with this but unfortunately based on most demographics new and old, most viewers would rather like to see just the federation especially after the last movie I would think most would like to know how the develop the new story lines.

On the flip side though it would be interesting to see how they develop a back story if they do develop a anti federation Star Trek… but then would it still be called Star Trek??? “Food for thought”
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Terran Empire, no, not as a stand alone series.

What I would like to see is a series based around a merchant/trader working deals and having adventures as he peddles goods and services across the frontier.

Or an anthology series set in the Star Trek Universe telling all the great mentioned but never seen tales from all the eras. This would be where I could see some episodes dealing with the Mirror Universe, or maybe even a Romulan or Klingon episode or 2.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Federation ship with a Klingon captain. This "goody-two-shoes" mentality of the feds blows big steaming chunks.

When the crystal entity devoured 100,000 colonists that idiot Picard wanted to talk to it....and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-25-2010, 11:54 PM
I'd love to see a series that focuses on a smaller group of people - a large ensemble cast means more chance of a boring story. Also, let's do away with all the 'will they/won't they' romances we found in Trek - Dax/Bashir, Dax/Worf, Dax/Bashir (damn she gets around), Chakotay/Janeway, Kim/B'lanna, Kim/Seven, Kim/Anyone, Doctor/Seven, etc, and keep them as proffesional as possible.

Using established characters will take away a lot of the need for backstory, too, so here's my idea:

Wesley Crusher, wandering around as a Traveller, meets up with Chekov, Jake Sisko, and Neelix, and the four of them have wacky adventures around the galaxy.