Lt. Commander
Imagining the possibilities is a whole lot easier than their actual implementation, but that should stop us from dreaming to “explore strange new possibilities”.

Forward

It is my hopes that Cryptic will stumble upon this post and consider some of the ideas based in Fan Fiction:

The Klingon Empire Background

Graduates from the Imperial Klingon Star Academy must undergo rigorous training and are regarded among the best-disciplined and most highly motivated of all the spacefaring species. The overall training is divided into three phases, which the Klingons call Prime Learning, Skill Mastery and Skill Application:

PRIME LEARNING:
Administration, Computer Operation, Interrogation, Language, Leadership, Marksmanship (Modern), Personal Combat (Armed), Personal Combat (Unarmed), Social Sciences (Klingon Culture/ History), Social Sciences (Klingon Law), Space Sciences( Astronomy), Sports (Swimming)

SKILL MASTERY (Naval):
Communication, Medical, Navigation/ Helm, Sciences, Ship’s Engineering, Security, Weapons/ Defence

SKILL MASTERY (Marine):
Combat Operations, Combat Engineering, Communications, Medical, Security

Speciality Definitions:
Combat Operations: Environmental Suit Operations, Interrogation, Leadership, Marksmanship (Archaic), Marksmanship (Modern), Personal Combat (Armed), Personal Combat (Unarmed), Personal Weapons Technology, Planetary Survival, Small Unit Tactics, Streetwise, Vehicle Operations (Ground Vehicle), Zero-G Operations.

Combat Engineering: Communications Systems Technology, Demolitions, Electronics Technology, Environmental Suit Operations, Marksmanship (Modern), Mechanical Engineering, Personal Combat (Unarmed), Personal Weapons Technology, Security Procedures, Small Equipment Systems Operations, Small Equipment Systems Technology, Surveillance, Transporter Operations Procedure, Transporter Systems Technology, Vehicle Operations (Ground Vehicle),Zero-G Operations, Specialities.

Communications: Communications System Operations, Computer Operation, Damage Control Procedure, Languages (Galacta), Languages (Other), Starship Sensors, Transporter Operation Procedures.

Medical: Environmental Suit Operation, Interrogation, Life Sciences (Zoology), Life Support Systems Technology, Medical Sciences (General Medicine), Medical Sciences (Physiology), Medical Sciences (Other), Security Procedures, Starship Sensors

Navigation/ Helm: Computer Operation, Space Sciences (Astrogation), Space Sciences (Astronomy), Space Sciences (Astrophysics), Starship Helm Operation, Starship Sensors, Warp Drive Technologies.
Sciences: Computer Operation, Environmental Suit Operations, Small Equipment System Operation, Space Sciences (Astronomy), Space Sciences (Astrophysics), Starship Sensors, Specialities (Planetary Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences)

Engineering:Computer Technology, Deflector Shield Technology, Electronics Technology, Environmental Suit Operations, Life Support Systems Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Personal Weapons Technology, Physical Sciences (Physics), Shuttlecraft Systems Technology, Small Equipment Systems Operation, Space Sciences (Astronautics), Starship Sensors, Starship Weaponry Technology, Transporter Operations Procedures, Transporter Systems Technology, Zero-G Operations, Specialities.

Security: Bribery, Interrogation, Marksmanship (Modern), Medical Sciences (Physiology) Negotiation/ Diplomacy, Personal Combat (Unarmed), Personal Weapons Technology, Security Procedures, Shuttlecraft Piloting, Small Unit Tactics, Social Sciences (Federation Law), Social Sciences (Klingon Law), Surveillance, Zero-G Operations.

Weapons/ Defence: Computer Operations, Deflector Shield Technology, Starship Combat Strategy/ Tactics, Starship Sensors, Starship Weaponry Operations, Transporter Operation Procedure.

SKILL APPLICATION:
After completing Skill Mastery, the cadet is promoted to the rank of Midshipman and assigned duty.
Assignments:
  1. Imperial Klingon Expenditiary Forces
  2. Imperial Navy or Marines
  3. Sector Naval Garrison or Marine Outpost
  4. Exploration/ Colonisation Fleet
  5. Merchant/ Courier Fleet

No matter how rigorous the training, the Imperial Klingon Start Academy can only provide the basic officer training. The Klingon Officer that hopes to command a starship or head a department needs advanced training. The two sections of advanced training as known as “Leaders or Men” and “Leaders of Vessels

LEADERS OF MEN
Once completed the successful candidates can fulfil the role of Chief Communications Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Navigator/ Helmsman, Chief Science Officer, Chief Engineer, Chief of Security, Chief Weapons/ Defence Officer

Additional Learning: Administration, Interrogation, Leadership, Security Procedures.

LEADERS OF VESSELS
Once completed the successful candidates can fulfil the role of First Officer, or Ship’s Captain.

Additional Learning: Leadership, Social Sciences (Federation Law), Social Sciences (Klingon Law), Starship Combat Strategy/ Tactics
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-26-2010, 03:30 AM
So a Klingon version of starfleet then?

Doesn't seem very Klingon to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Read your literature
06-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
So a Klingon version of starfleet then?

Doesn't seem very Klingon to me.
Before you criticise why not read "The Klingons, Starfleet Intelligence Report, FASA Corporation, 2002. Not everything is about the Federation, you know.

You missed the point completely - All I was intending to do was demonstrate areas that would be incorporated into the game. The Klingon Military-Industrial Complex does not occur in a vaccuum, nor by osmosis.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
Not everything is about the Federation, you know.
Yes it is. Last time I checked the klingons never got a TV show. The Federation got five series and eleven movies.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Yes it is. Last time I checked the klingons never got a TV show. The Federation got five series and eleven movies.
Agreed, Star trek was always about the Federation, granted, you'd get Klingon's in the Federation, but it was still about the Federation. Sometimes the Klingon empire would guest star as the Federations Side Kick in DS9, but the same could be said about Romulans...
Lt. Commander
# 6 Ahh Debate!
06-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Alright I agree, that Star Trek is all about the explorations and exploits of Star Fleet. My personal favourite is Star Trek Enterprise Series, for it capture the mood of the early "discoverers" perfectly. I really liked the developing relationship between the Vulcans and humans, and the fact the the NX-cruiser was still using torpedoes in the early episodes - this really gave one the impression that they were up against the odds! The universe really felt larger than life.

But, I still think that not giving credit to the enemies that Starfleet meets in their encounters, or considering their socio-political aspirations or military prowness is a mistake. What you are left with, is a bad re-run of a spacefaring version of "Days of our lives". Surely you will all agree - we do not want that to happen. Surely the federation players want a challenging, enticing and ACTIVE opponent?

Where has that "Raise Shields!" vide gone?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-27-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm not arguing against fleshing them out, but making them the federation with out the niceities that co operation rather than conquest engenders, no one that wasn't Klingon would be able to go through any of these systems.

But yes, obviously there has to be some sort of framework behind the KDF, but your OP seemed far to rounded for it to produce what we have come to know of klingons.