Lt. Commander
# 11
06-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus_ View Post
omg people will never quit about compensations
just give it up
Is this what you told the people who created tons of threads asking for this stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
If you bought the CO LT sub you got exactly what you paid for: a lifetime sub to CO. If you want "compensation" for that, I would recommend actually playing the game you paid for.
I'm curious how many preorder boxes did you buy?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-26-2010, 12:18 PM
As I've said in other threads, if Cryptic had said simply that they were rewarding the current Master Recruiters due to how soon their Galaxy was going to be in the C-Store then a lot less people would probably have an issue with it. They didn't say that, however, they said and intended to compensate only those who bought multiple copies for themselves just to get an exclusive item. Which is no different than what a lot of people did at launch. This is why people feel its unfair and although they changed it to affect all Master Recruiters, they intended to be only the ones who bought multiple copies for themselves and said they had a sure way to know this. In the end, everyone got what they paid for; multiple copies of the game. If you're going to compensate one group for doing this, then you have to compensate all groups for doing this for it to be fair enough otherwise many people will feel hurt (as they do now).

There has been an idea suggested here which some people may find to suit their desires for fairness. Normally I wouldn't post this but I think it very well applies here.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=543

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShark View Post
I have a suggestion:

They could reward everyone that have bought multiple copies of the game.
They could decide that one game is worth 1000 CP in extra points, then they could give everyone that have more then one game connected to the account that value based on the amount of games in cryptic points.

Gift = Game Value * Amount of game connected to account.

For example if you have three game, they give you a total of 2000 CP for the other two games you have
bought and connected to your account.

So if you have bought 5 extra copies of the game or if you have that galaxy-X Star Ship you get 5000 CP and that is approximately what they are going to give out for compensation for the referral program.

Then everyone is happy and the gift is based on the amount of games you have bought.
In my opinion, it sounds very fair and balanced since, as I've said, the original intent for this entire chaos was to compensate only those who bought multiple copies of the games for themselves to get exclusive items.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-26-2010, 01:54 PM
agree with mrshark this would be fair
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-26-2010, 02:00 PM
mrsharks idea would be fair
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't think there should be any compensation.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-26-2010, 03:06 PM
As I have stated in prior threads:

Unless you have a "Lifetime Subscription", every box or digital copy of the game granted 30-days of subscription time. This $15.00 in subscription time can be considered compensation. They also got the preorder bonuses.

Lifers, myself included, are not in this position. we paid up front for over two years worth of subscription, taking subscription rates and interest into account. We are the ones who lost the most over pre-order bonuses, but we did this with full knoledge. You can't add more time to a lifetime account.

For this reason, as well as others, the only remaining Lifetime Perk, the "Playable Borg", MUST REMAIN EXCLUSIVE TO THE LIFETIME ACCOUNT. Saying this, returning it to the $299 lifetime subscription would be completly acceptable as to move people into being "Long Term Players.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
As I have stated in prior threads:

Unless you have a "Lifetime Subscription", every box or digital copy of the game granted 30-days of subscription time. This $15.00 in subscription time can be considered compensation. They also got the preorder bonuses.

Lifers, myself included, are not in this position. we paid up front for over two years worth of subscription, taking subscription rates and interest into account. We are the ones who lost the most over pre-order bonuses, but we did this with full knoledge. You can't add more time to a lifetime account.

For this reason, as well as others, the only remaining Lifetime Perk, the "Playable Borg", MUST REMAIN EXCLUSIVE TO THE LIFETIME ACCOUNT. Saying this, returning it to the $299 lifetime subscription would be completly acceptable as to move people into being "Long Term Players.
Not sure what you're getting at here are for or against compensation to people who bought multiple copies of the game?
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Regardless of what i think who deserves compensation or not, i donīt understand what difference is there between people who bought multiple versions of the game to get exclusives and people who bought multiple copies of the game to get the referall reward. Either both or none of them should get some compensation.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojen
Not sure what you're getting at here are for or against compensation to people who bought multiple copies of the game?
AGAINST.....

Non-Lifers already got 30-days game time ($15.00) per game copy

Lifers, like you and I, knew what we were doing.
Closed Thread