Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
06-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus_ View Post
Yes, it is
Links please after digging through most of your posts I dont see once where you told the other people to just give it up
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
06-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupgoblin View Post
No.....

Why reward someone for doing something as stupid as buying multiple copies of a game in order to get something we all knew would eventually be on the C-store? Rewarding ignorance is a bad thing, it just encourages people to be even more ignorant in the future, so they can hold their greedy little hands out and ask for more...

This will be never ending if you encourage this greedy behavior, these same people will be asking for something else they think they deserve (that is what moochers do) next month. QQing about "It's not fair" and "Now everyone has one" just makes you look like an immature tool


You got your rewards for buying multiple copies of the game, you had access to all those preorder goodies before anyone else, now they are available on the C-store, anyone who wants to buy them can....They have taken nothing away from you. Stop throwing tantrums, stop filling the forums up with all this QQing just because others are allowed to play with the same toys as you...
You assume too much if we all knew they would end up in the cstore we wouldn't have bought multiple copies genius. Yes it is what moochers do thats why the stuff went to the cstore in the first place. Again no problem with peopel having what I have as long as they do what I did to get them. Calling peopel an immature tool makes you look like one tbh. No these same peopel won't because now we know how they operate and won't trust their advertising anymore.

and gee what a surprise you're in the have nots crowd

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=158203

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=154001&page=3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
06-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
Links please after digging through most of your posts I dont see once where you told the other people to just give it up
most of them are closed eh
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
06-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
You assume too much if we all knew they would end up in the cstore we wouldn't have bought multiple copies genius. Yes it is what moochers do thats why the stuff went to the cstore in the first place. Again no problem with peopel having what I have as long as they do what I did to get them. Calling peopel an immature tool makes you look like one tbh. No these same peopel won't because now we know how they operate and won't trust their advertising anymore.

and gee what a surprise you're in the have nots crowd

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=158203

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=154001&page=3
Wait, I'm confused now. You said in another thread that you didn't buy the CO LTS, then your links show how he didn't buy the CO LTS. Soooo, how does that make him part of the "have nots crowd" (as you so eloquently put it), and not you? Is it simply because he disagrees with you?

Also, if you have problems with people having what you have without doing what you did to get them, then you must be upset pretty much all the time. Every time something goes on sale after you bought the item at full price, I'm guessing you wish the "moochers" would have bought the item when you did. Every time someone wins a contest and receives a free prize that you had previously bought from a store must seem like a big injustice to you.

Man, that must suck having that kind of mentality, huh?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
06-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Wait, I'm confused now. You said in another thread that you didn't buy the CO LTS, then your links show how he didn't buy the CO LTS. Soooo, how does that make him part of the "have nots crowd" (as you so eloquently put it), and not you? Is it simply because he disagrees with you?

Also, if you have problems with people having what you have without doing what you did to get them, then you must be upset pretty much all the time. Every time something goes on sale after you bought the item at full price, I'm guessing you wish the "moochers" would have bought the item when you did. Every time someone wins a contest and receives a free prize that you had previously bought from a store must seem like a big injustice to you.

Man, that must suck having that kind of mentality, huh?
No it makes him the have nots crowd because he came here and complained to get it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
06-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus_ View Post
most of them are closed eh
i'll tell you like the colts keep being told no link didn't happen
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
06-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Not Signed As Not Fair....no One Forced Your Dumb Ass To Buy All The Copys
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
06-27-2010, 01:47 PM
ok whatever
then i'm telling you now
whats your point
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
06-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
i'll tell you like the colts keep being told no link didn't happen
Custer: What are we having for Dinner?
Indian: Colt.
Custer: What is "Colt"?
Indian: Colt is a small Horse.

Any questions?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
06-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majosea View Post
If you were stupid enough to buy multiple copies to get a ship; you have way too much money to waste and since it was a referral reward for getting 5, you got compensated already when you received your ship. Nobody forced you to buy multiple copies, you should have gotten 5 friends to buy it instead. So here is the Goober Award to all of you that bought multiple copies of the game to get a ship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Perhaps you should award yourself with that, because this thread isn't about the Galaxy X (well, not directly). Perhaps you should read what a thread is about before posting, then we could avoid these embarrassing moments.

(As for compensation, I really don't feel the need for it myself. I bought 3 copies of the game before launch, but I don't feel Cryptic owes me anything extra. If they do offer something, however, hopefully we'll be able to choose whether or not to accept it, because I'm happy without Cryptic tossing anything extra my way.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupgoblin View Post
No.....

Why reward someone for doing something as stupid as buying multiple copies of a game in order to get something we all knew would eventually be on the C-store? Rewarding ignorance is a bad thing, it just encourages people to be even more ignorant in the future, so they can hold their greedy little hands out and ask for more...

This will be never ending if you encourage this greedy behavior, these same people will be asking for something else they think they deserve (that is what moochers do) next month. QQing about "It's not fair" and "Now everyone has one" just makes you look like an immature tool


You got your rewards for buying multiple copies of the game, you had access to all those preorder goodies before anyone else, now they are available on the C-store, anyone who wants to buy them can....They have taken nothing away from you. Stop throwing tantrums, stop filling the forums up with all this QQing just because others are allowed to play with the same toys as you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolliver
Not Signed As Not Fair....no One Forced Your Dumb Ass To Buy All The Copys
The issue is that they did, in fact, start this whole thing by stating they were going to compensate everyone who bought multiple copies of the game just for the referral system. Their desire for this was stating that they were spending too much money into the game, so, they 'deserved' compensation. Their reasoning for this was that buying so many copies supports Cryptic. Should those people have been compensated for that? No, no they shouldn't have. They, like everyone else, got what they paid for which were multiple copies of the game; as well, they had already received their in-game bonuses so there simply was no need for compensation. Overall, I believe, it was a very poor idea.

The issue now, though, is that can't be undone. It can't be taken back, it can only be made fair to those who did the same thing these people did, who supported Cryptic in the same way as these people, and who arguably spent more money doing so as launch and prelaunch copies were much more expensive than the game has been since the referral system launch ($30 USD or less for NA); I don't even know the EU/UK pricing but I imagine it paints a very similar picture. No one should've been compensated for buying multiple copies of the game but they were, again, it can't be undone but it can be made fair.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:52 AM.