Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShark View Post
Put the holographic bridge officer in the C-Store, why should it be exclusive and the Borg bridge officer not!
Because its actually easy to get free?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
People ask and they shall receive if the majority votes "yea". I'd say thats what happened with the preorder items. As long as the moajrity of people don't want the items in the C-Store, they shouldn't be there.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
No, you really havent. If you went and recruited 5 people, then you got the reward you were promised: the Gal-X. If you went and bought 5 copies of the game then you actually abused the system and Cryptic cannot be blamed for that.
You guys just don't get it:

OK:

If a person wants the Galaxy X and didn't have 5 friends willing to buy it,

they must spend $225 that Cryptic gets,

or

NOT spend $225 that Cryptic won't get and do without the ship.

This would inconvenience both parties.

As long as Cryptic got SOME money the program was not abused!

Show me the disclaimer stating that someone can not just buy the ship this way.....

Kind of like you soon will be doing with the C-Store!

The damage I referred to does not have to do with money......
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Peole who recruit for rewards are doing it for the wrong reason anyway, so I dont really see why they should be rewarded. If you enjoy this game, then tell your friends about it. If you dont, then dont. Its just that simple, and no different than any other product in real life.
I fyou like the game then get at least one other person to try it and sub for amonth and you can have the holotribble and the holo bridge officer you get the tribble even if they don't stay
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Show me the disclaimer stating that someone can not just buy the ship this way.....
The "disclaimer" is the name of the program itself: Refer a Friend. And on the page where you send out referral codes, the place where you type in the email is called "friend's email", not "your alternate email". Furthre proof that Cryptic did not intend for people to refer themselves is their own statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This is the same reason we're adding the Galaxy X to the C-store. We don't want you to go out and buy five copies of the game, we want you to enjoy your time playing Star Trek Online.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...37#post2787837

If you were not able to convice anyone to join, I am sorry for that. However, if you cheated the system and now regret doing that, it is not Cryptic's fault only yours.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
I fyou like the game then get at least one other person to try it and sub for amonth and you can have the holotribble and the holo bridge officer you get the tribble even if they don't stay
I'm not sure what point your trying to make or if your just stating the obvious. Either way, I dont care about any referral rewards in the first place because those are not my motivation for telling my friends about something I like, whether its this game or anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-26-2010, 11:10 AM
master recruiter.....

enough said, when you see people with the galaxy-x, and the holo bridge officer, you put on that, and everyone will know that you are legitimate. you worked for what you wanted, you did not go into your mothers purse and got her credit card. you earned your galaxy-x with your blood, sweat, and tears.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I fully support this; those who completed the Referral program and got Crytpic their money should get an exclusive item that no one else can get without doing the referral program.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
The "disclaimer" is the name of the program itself: Refer a Friend. And on the page where you send out referral codes, the place where you type in the email is called "friend's email", not "your alternate email". Furthre proof that Cryptic did not intend for people to refer themselves is their own statement:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...37#post2787837

If you were not able to convice anyone to join, I am sorry for that. However, if you cheated the system and now regret doing that, it is not Cryptic's fault only yours.
That would be like the use of the words "Special" and "Exclusive" on Cryptic's part.

They don't mean what they say either.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
I fully support this; those who completed the Referral program and got Crytpic their money should get an exclusive item that no one else can get without doing the referral program.
not to mention it only takes one to get it