Lt. Commander
# 1 Why hate the police?
06-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I see all these people who seem to think that the Police are around just to be your servants and any violence they do is uncalled for.

Shut up. You resist, you get maced in the face, I laugh.

Most police officers are good. Sure, like anything there are a few bad eggs. However I see so much blind had for them that it's stupid (every single one not just the bad ones).

What surprises me is that a lot of people seem to think they have all these magical rights to resist the police. Or that they deserve better when they act really dumb. And that a lot of people cry foul no matter what the situation even if the police officer involved is 100% in the right (though with some crazies police are always 100% in the wrong).

Go police!
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-26-2010, 02:36 PM
So, um....yeah.

Not sure I have anything to add here.

Carry on with my full support.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-26-2010, 02:37 PM
I have noticed the same. All we can do is laugh at those people and try not to become one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Something bothering you OP?

Because on the other hand, bwah?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I see all these people who seem to think that the Police are around just to be your servants and any violence they do is uncalled for.

Shut up. You resist, you get maced in the face, I laugh.

Most police officers are good. Sure, like anything there are a few bad eggs. However I see so much blind had for them that it's stupid (every single one not just the bad ones).

What surprises me is that a lot of people seem to think they have all these magical rights to resist the police. Or that they deserve better when they act really dumb. And that a lot of people cry foul no matter what the situation even if the police officer involved is 100% in the right (though with some crazies police are always 100% in the wrong).

Go police!
This post is full of epic truths. I support it completely. Police are awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Police are people, and as such totally subject to fallibility.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I love the police. Police are hot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-26-2010, 03:47 PM
They do a job I couldn't, without likely helping to give them a bad name. Yeah, first child molester or murderer I came across would probably be executed. Best not to give me a gun and a badge.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-26-2010, 03:57 PM
its all a matter of experience. where i live the cops (not all though) are racist sons of *****es so i hate them. however i cant make this clear enough. my opinion about the södertälje police force and the stockholm civilian division doesnt involve any other districts.

EDIT: besides if they dont have the guts to come when they're needed the can go screw themselves. and yes. this town is so dangerous that there are parts the cops simply wont go to.
Lt. Commander
A lot of the hostility toward the police comes from the removal of personal responsibilities of the individual and therefore also the control of their own lives. When police officers are seen as the sole provider of all security and the face of immediate arbitration at the scene of a dispute there is going to be natural resentment of the police by those that feel they were either not protected or feel they were bullied or coerced when things did not go their way.

That being said I feel that most officers do are honorable and do an excellent job. The problem is that when all aspects of security and protection are handed over to official law enforcement, instead of a reasonable amount of leeway given for personal protection of self, family and home, it sets the police up to fail in the eyes of many.

Then of course the criminals or those involved with criminal elements will also have a natural hostility toward the police. Regardless of what policies are put in place those will always resent the interference of law enforcement.