Lt. Commander
# 61
06-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-Nigh****ch
Lol - was talking to someone else while writing that that and got kinda mixed up I guess! Its not as if I could say the 'e' is anywhere near the 'o' on my keyboarde either!
...oh, you don't need an exorcist after all?

Man! So close to getting my first paying gig.

Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 62
06-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
I like The Police. They had some good songs.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOXANNE! You don't have to put on the red light. Those days are over. You don't have to sell your body to the night.

So yeah, why would anyone want to hate The Police? They had the rock/reggae thing going for them in the 70's.

Edit* Oh, this post is about law enforcement officers... they just have a job to do like most everyone else.
I thought I'd done 'The Police' joke thing to death! Seems I was wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 63
06-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
...oh, you don't need an exorcist after all?

Man! So close to getting my first paying gig.

Oh well.
Don't know about a fee as I'm poorerer than a church mouse! But if ya could rid me of the daemon that causes all these mizpeled wards hand sutch, I would feel better!
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Wow, what a thread... I love the generalizations and ignorance... wtg
FWIW, I retired 3 years ago from police work.

I support all the good cops, period.
I loathe the dirty ones and hope they get prosecuted to the max.

I rate each officer individually, as I do all people.
Those of you who are intellectually challenged oxygen thieves and lump all (blanks) into a group and hate them... Please don't reproduce, thanks.

There is no Criminal Justice System, it is a Legal System, rarely does the legal system truly bring justice to bear. The police make the arrest, it is the lawyers that handle the rest and plea everything down to probation.... grrrrr

Also don't confuse the individual officer with the "management" and the managements opinions that you see in the news. Most rank and file do not agree with the managements ideas and statements.
Most command staff at departments could not manage a McDonalds, but they get to run a police agency.

Yes, I am still a little bitter. Put up with that bs for too long.
The good news is that everyday away it gets better

Thanks to all of you who support the good ones.
Lt. Commander
# 65
06-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-Nigh****ch
I thought I'd done 'The Police' joke thing to death! Seems I was wrong.
Can never have too much The Police. I like to send out SoS's too sometimes, but only via messages in bottles. I'm anticipating there will be a 'Why hate the armed forces?' thread next, followed by the 'Why hate the haters?' and 'Why hate the ________________?' 10f game... the one where you get to fill in the blank. :p

I'm with Onisius, though.
Lt. Commander
# 66
06-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
Can never have too much The Police. I like to send out SoS's too sometimes, but only via messages in bottles. I'm anticipating there will be a 'Why hate the armed forces?' thread next, followed by the 'Why hate the haters?' and 'Why hate the ________________?' 10f game... the one where you get to fill in the blank. :p

I'm with Onisius, though.
I'm rooting for the 'Why hate the why haters?' thread

And, Onisius maketh some good points.
Lt. Commander
# 67
06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
cops are an organ of the state, and the state is not to be trusted as it does not trust you
Lt. Commander
# 68
07-01-2010, 06:32 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 69
07-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Synchronicity was my favorite album. I love the Police, much better than this Emo crap we have nowadays.