Lt. Commander
# 1 Respec cost
06-26-2010, 05:10 PM
K i was just thinking that if i wanted to switch from using quantum torpedos to plasma torpedos I shouldnt have to use a respec token or 20000 starfleet merits (at RA) to change 9 points, respecing would make alot more sense if it cost like 50-100 per pointor a lump some of merits for a full respec. I know the income from the cstore tokens is probably nice but i feel like im not getting the chance to fully enjoy the game, I like to switch my skills around so i can try something new very often
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuroshin View Post
K i was just thinking that if i wanted to switch from using quantum torpedos to plasma torpedos I shouldnt have to use a respec token or 20000 starfleet merits (at RA) to change 9 points, respecing would make alot more sense if it cost like 50-100 per pointor a lump some of merits for a full respec. I know the income from the cstore tokens is probably nice but i feel like im not getting the chance to fully enjoy the game, I like to switch my skills around so i can try something new very often
I would like to see the cost of the respec be scaled according to the proportion of points we change. This would mean respec costs would also scale for different ranks, being less expensive at lower ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doryshan
I would like to see the cost of the respec be scaled according to the proportion of points we change. This would mean respec costs would also scale for different ranks, being less expensive at lower ranks.
This would be ideal for all players involved. Lower levels would have a much easier time fixing newbe mistakes in build and older more experienced would have the points collected from all the time of playing to be able to change as needed.

Only thing i would add is to give a free one out to all captain when a patch makes a change to their class. this works 2 fold. It allows players to make the changes needed to adjust to changes in game. The other thing it does it allows players to know that yes something has changed that effects you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-17-2010, 10:59 AM
I agree with this, perhaps a simple 1 merit = 1 skill point, thus say moving 9 points into Hull Repair would cost you 4500 merits.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 5 Yes please
09-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Thumbs up to thread