Lt. Commander
# 21
06-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's the politicians, from what I've read, who are in no small part influenced by religious groups.

Never mind the 6 foot tall, bloodied, and emaciated dude staring at you during Mass while nailed to beams of wood.

If I got the license, you bet it would happen:
http://yfrog.com/13startrekonlinegtaj
in the end its up to the Censors... and they let some "Bloody Game" in the country and yet Ban some other "Bloody Game"... and like I said the People of Australia kicked up a fuss and the Censors reversed their decision with AVP....
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica-
in the end its up to the Censors... and they let some "Bloody Game" in the country and yet Ban some other "Bloody Game"... and like I said the People of Australia kicked up a fuss and the Censors reversed their decision with AVP....
It's certainly inconsistent.

It's a shame really.

Anyways, you missed the Star Trek Online: GTA pic I posted.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingorion View Post
Okay smart guy. Well tell me this: what if the bodies were zombie aliens and they weren't really dead and when you flew by to get a look at them they started to attach to your hull and tear your ship apart piece by piece and you could hear them scraping at the walls and chewing on the wires and when the captain called for evac he was interrupted halfway through and all you could hear was a gurgling noise and the sound of crunching sinew and bone, oh that sound, and the maddening shrieks and groans of the undead, then the power goes out and people rush through the darkened hallways trampling each other but there was nowhere to go because all the shuttle bay doors were shut and backup power systems were fried and many collapsed in exhaustion in the arms of the starving alien zombies who will happily eat them--what THEN huh?

__
(x x)
(__)

Zombie Tribble says "Ughhhhhhhh..."
Sounds like an awesome game.
Left for Dead 3: Survive the Starship!
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's the politicians, from what I've read, who are in no small part influenced by religious groups.

Never mind the 6 foot tall, bloodied, and emaciated dude staring at you during Mass while nailed to beams of wood.

If I got the license, you bet it would happen:
http://yfrog.com/13startrekonlinegtaj
This is the greatest thing I have ever seen.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I've heard that Germany forced Blizzard to tone down the upcoming Starcraft II to show no blood, less obvious blood splatter...

And if STO sticks around for that long, I for one would want to invite my son to play STO when he is old enough, but if there are bodies floating in space, I for one will *NOT* invite my son to play it!

Just my 2 cents...
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Believe me, there are far worse canons and universes that people have come up with.

This doesn't fit in with Star Trek though. Even during the Dominion War arc of DS9 it was pretty obvious the Federation was only fighting because to not fight would lead to slavery at best. Having corpses floating around after some pew pew would seem to glorify violence in a series where it was avoided.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
It would also endanger the teen rating, those wussie Americans, pah!
There may be some wussie Americans....I prefer all the blood and gore...for all those wussie peeps that dont want their children exposed to violence, take away Mario Cart, after all hitting your friend from behind with a turtle is violent!

Quote:
And it would lose its PEGI12+ rating, those wussie Europeans, preferring to each cheese than fight, pah!
WTH is PEGI12+ rating??

Quote:
Is there any one else I can insult?
I am sure there is.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-28-2010, 12:42 AM
No, for the fact that the models would be only really veiwable from a runabout. Also, I don't find it necessary. The game isn't a gorefest set to push you to the limit of what your psyche can endure. The game is supposed to be "fun for all ages" as they say.

The only ST's I remember crewmen flying into the void were nemesis and ST 11. The point of them being shown in those movies was to help you feel the horror at what was going on at the time, and that the battles that were happening weren't all fun and games.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klingorion View Post
Okay smart guy. Well tell me this: what if the bodies were zombie aliens and they weren't really dead and when you flew by to get a look at them they started to attach to your hull and tear your ship apart piece by piece and you could hear them scraping at the walls and chewing on the wires and when the captain called for evac he was interrupted halfway through and all you could hear was a gurgling noise and the sound of crunching sinew and bone, oh that sound, and the maddening shrieks and groans of the undead, then the power goes out and people rush through the darkened hallways trampling each other but there was nowhere to go because all the shuttle bay doors were shut and backup power systems were fried and many collapsed in exhaustion in the arms of the starving alien zombies who will happily eat them--what THEN huh?

__
(x x)
(__)

Zombie Tribble says "Ughhhhhhhh..."
100 Awesome points to you Klingorion.....use them well
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-28-2010, 02:29 AM
defenetly support this idea.

I love abit of realism..to be honest i think in explosions when a ship goes kaaabooom, more pieces should go all over the place, more debris and so on. Seeing bodys floating in space would be kinda hilarious but in a wierd gaming sense cool.