Lt. Commander
Okay, Cryptic guys, I think I get what you guys were going for here: your standard bar brawl - in space! Like the one in the episode 'The Trouble With Tribbles'. Right? That is what you were shooting for, right? Just a friendly bar brawl, no need for anyone to get vaporized...

Unfortunately, what you came up with, well, it's a bar massacre. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, and probably more than once - hell, probably multiple times - but it's still, TODAY, this very instant, a bar massacre. As in, nothing has changed. So I'm going to mention it again, and ask two very straightforward questions:

Is there no way you can rig it so that weapons are disabled in that bar?

Or did you really mean for our captains and crew to go in there and kill the hell out of a bunch of drunken bar patrons?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-27-2010, 06:41 AM
I have no idea what they intended, but I do know that when someones shoots at me with a huge assault weapon I shoot back.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Actually, the only time you kill someone on ground in STO is if they get vaporized or if the mission specificly states that they are killed.

Otherwise they are just unconcious and just need medical attention.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Whenever I see these posts about the Treasure Trading Station, opponents of the events that transpire never fail to overlook the fact that you and your crew get shot at.

It wasn't merely a bar. It had a gambling table as well as entertainment holodecks, both things you end up reporting for faulty functionality. So the assumption that the patrons were drunk (and not violent pirates/mercs/etc) lacks substance.

We're not talking about paragons of innocence and decency here. The pirates shot first without legitimate provocation at Starfleet officers. I'm going to protect myself and my crew.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Anybody noticed that some of those guys in the Bar were wearing Starfleet Uniforms + Insignia (just with random coloring)

?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnagefiend View Post
Whenever I see these posts about the Treasure Trading Station, opponents of the events that transpire never fail to overlook the fact that you and your crew get shot at.

It wasn't merely a bar. It had a gambling table as well as entertainment holodecks, both things you end up reporting for faulty functionality. So the assumption that the patrons were drunk (and not violent pirates/mercs/etc) lacks substance.

We're not talking about paragons of innocence and decency here. The pirates shot first without legitimate provocation at Starfleet officers. I'm going to protect myself and my crew.
I don't care if the bar patrons are not paragons of innocence and decency. At this point in the game, neither are our captains - if they've been doing all their missions like good little starfleet officers. I don't care if some of those people are pirates. I don't care who shot first (Han shot first, btw).

I'm asking: what was the intent here?

And I'm saying that if the intent was to have a bar brawl, what Cryptic gave us is not working. Further, I'm suggesting that if weapons could be (for storytelling purposes) disabled in that area then no one could shoot first and we could have a nice bar brawl, and no one need die just because the plumbing isn't up to snuff.

In CO characters can pick up objects and throw them - why not here? Bottles, chairs, other bar patrons...
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Can i bring my Bath'Leth to the bar fight?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Bar Brawl, Star Trek style: No Bat'leths!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Well, thats what happens to people that shoot at the military they get shot.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
I have no idea what they intended, but I do know that when someones shoots at me with a huge assault weapon I shoot back.
Then you shouldn't be a Starfleet captain. There are alternative ways to deal with antagonists other than to immediately resort to violence, even if they shoot first.