Lt. Commander
# 11
06-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Mayhem
Okay, Cryptic guys, I think I get what you guys were going for here: your standard bar brawl - in space! Like the one in the episode 'The Trouble With Tribbles'. Right? That is what you were shooting for, right? Just a friendly bar brawl, no need for anyone to get vaporized...

Unfortunately, what you came up with, well, it's a bar massacre. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, and probably more than once - hell, probably multiple times - but it's still, TODAY, this very instant, a bar massacre. As in, nothing has changed. So I'm going to mention it again, and ask two very straightforward questions:

Is there no way you can rig it so that weapons are disabled in that bar?

Or did you really mean for our captains and crew to go in there and kill the hell out of a bunch of drunken bar patrons?

Remove your weapons and remove the BO weapons and put them into your inventory.

Then you don't kill anyone....it is your own fault if someone dies by your hands if you use weapons.

See, you just need some common sense to make it work out right.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Whats the fun of not killing things?
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
Then you shouldn't be a Starfleet captain. There are alternative ways to deal with antagonists other than to immediately resort to violence, even if they shoot first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zbj-GD5LKQ
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-27-2010, 10:38 AM
this has been argued before, the phasers you use could just be set to stun. the fact people can be revived suggests this. of course you can vaporise people but you could also set so that it cant be done.

even so these guys attacked me and aboard the USS Relentless, when someone attacks me with a phaser riffle their going to get beaten up. thats just the way we roll.

and if that does not convince you then ask yourself what sisko would have done in your place

thats right he would have gotten garak to assassinate everybody in the bar then blow it up and blame it on the dominion

because he can live with it
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-27-2010, 10:38 AM
You know, homeskillet was talking crap about my ride. He deserved to get capped.

Pop!! Pop!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
you mean if they had just spoken to those bloodthirsty klingons trying to behead them with their bat'leths all that could have been avoided.

lessen learned.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Just think - if they'd all been wearing personal shields and armor and had plenty of shield charges and hypos it would have taken at least three episodes to get through that fight.

/rimshot

Those guys in the bar were obviously wearing personal shields, otherwise one shot would have put them down, so...

I still want to know if Cryptic meant it to be a bar brawl. And I still wish we could throw chairs and bottles and each other at... um, each other. It would be GLORIOUS.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-27-2010, 11:39 AM
The point is NOT who shot first. The point is that weapons, of any kind, should be disabled in this portion of the mission. Thought I should point that out since some of the responses are too dim to have actually noticed that part of the equation in the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synther View Post
The point is NOT who shot first. The point is that weapons, of any kind, should be disabled in this portion of the mission. Thought I should point that out since some of the responses are too dim to have actually noticed that part of the equation in the OP.
Right....
Since when do starfleet officers knowingly walk into a potentially hostile situation without weapons.

Like people have said so many times, evidence points to that most people do not get "killed" in ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
evidence points to that most people do not get "killed" in ground missions.
Does beaming someone somewhere via the transporter kill them? Is the person that materializes the same as the person that was energized? Is that person a copy of the original? Does one's 'soul', if such a thing truly exists, transport along with the body?