Lt. Commander
# 11
06-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
As for one-shot elite mobs, this is currently being investigated.
so say the Engineering Reports... but it is under invastigation since the difficulty slider got introduced, so what is taking them so long?
Everybody know's it's the Dual Wield Pistols, just nerf them.

I just ran into a Mob with 3 Dual Wield Pistols today on Advanced....
tried it 3 times and it was just impossible, i wasn't one shotted but the pure amount of damage output is just not possible to manage (and i had 4 BOffs with healing skills on the team!).
Died 3 times and then quit because i had no intention of running through the whole map to get to the boss Mob... again and again.

This Damaga Output i had on Advanced i wouldn't even want to face in Elite!

And honestly, they should have made the Ground combat easier then the Space Combat because everybody puts the most attention into Space Skills.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-27-2010, 05:12 PM
the +drops you get will help to pay the repair bill at least
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-27-2010, 05:15 PM
When choosing the difficulty has been added, I have activated in Elite and I never touch more.
Well. Im RA5 doc with Science ship.

At first I was lucky, I could loot two purple objects. But nothing now. it makes long as I'm in elite yet :/

And on the ground, Vito'D are very hard to kill, very. Some time, it's impossible to win xD and the only hope, it's beam up.

In space, Borg are not easy too.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
so say the Engineering Reports... but it is under invastigation since the difficulty slider got introduced, so what is taking them so long?
Everybody know's it's the Dual Wield Pistols, just nerf them.
Actually, it's not just the dual wield pistols.

It's any weapon with a spray function (including full auto sweep on rifles).

It has to do with the calculation of the added weapons fire and its arc.

Changing how this is calculated must be weighed on every difficulty (not just Elite or Advanced) - let alone that changing it might break code calculations elsewhere for ground PvP.

So, I can understand why that takes so long to not only track down but to balance as well.

Quote:
And honestly, they should have made the Ground combat easier then the Space Combat because everybody puts the most attention into Space Skills.
I disagree. Most players I've spoken to claim to spec in space because they hate ground combat and find it a waste. They don't do ground PvP or they don't do STFs - the only areas that you really need ground specs for.

Also, ground PvP is virtually dead due to the persistent team bugs, longer match times, and no "exit match" feature.

It's a "egg before the chicken" situation.
Lt. Commander
# 15 :)
06-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I have really been enjoying advanced mode but i am to wimpy for elite. someday...
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-27-2010, 07:22 PM
I find the difficulty varies once you hit advanced or elite. Some advanced I cant even get past the first group of mobs because they have two alpha swordmasters using duel pistols and I go down in less than 10 seconds. Other times I play on advanced and it seems easy. I tried to do a ground mission yesterday and my entire team could not last more than 15 seconds once fighting began. I warped to sector space, changed the difficulty to normal and tried it over but the mobs were still stuck on ultra-mode. I had to drop the mission and take it again to get the actual difficulty to switch back.

Cant wait for them to fix that bug.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Um, isn't is supposed to be hard??
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-27-2010, 11:17 PM
I can do elite in space, np. On ground forget it. Its broken beyond.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-28-2010, 12:05 AM
I do agree that, in elite, you shouldn't get 'small' items. In fact I'd prefer to not got medium ones either; wont feel obligated to go to memory alpha just to upgrade them. As far as the ground missions go... I haven't done any at rear admiral yet but I have had elite mode on since it's existed. None of the ground missions so far seemed too hard to me save for the one on the USS Kirk. Two swordmasters, targ handler, officers etc all in one mob is nothing but instant death. So yes, sometimes the ground groups outnumber unfairly so I hope this will be balanced at some point but for the most part I've not had any issues yet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Elite difficulty for space I can live with. Though I don't like the trend of 'more opponents = more difficult'... whereas I'd prefer a lower number of more capable enemies (My Luna-class is awesome and all, but it mowing down half a dozen of enemy ships per mission is already tough enough to swallow for Star Trek-feely suspension of disbelief).

Elite difficulty for ground combat is nuts. In my book, the Advanced difficulty on the ground ought to be what Elite should've been.