Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Unbinding
06-27-2010, 05:13 PM
I have read the only thread on the forums regarding unbinding, and there seems to be no discussion from either the Devs or the GM's regarding this. I for one would like to be able to unbind all the Very Rare items I have accumulated from all the STF's I have completed. Unbinding wouldnt be a very difficult thing to do. A GrandMaster Craftsman could be placed in Memory Alpha to work with all of us that have numerous items to unbind. As far as a penalty for unbinding, I agree that there should be a chance that the unbinding may fail thus resulting in destruction of said item. If the unbinding was successful, change the color of the item, but not the attributes of the item. Basically change the item from BoP to BoE. Now the item can be sent to someone else, stored in a fleet bank, etc. I would however make the newly unbound item unsellable on the exchange. On that same note, peeps could always attempt to sell the item in Zone chat, which some still do.

I would like to see this happen because the fleet I am apart of, Alpha Squadron runs Infected on a daily basis, with at times running it 2,3, and sometimes 4 times a day, since most of us have 3 or 4 RA5's.

Sling your thoughts....maybe someone will listen or give us an answer!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted009
I for one would like to be able to unbind all the Very Rare items I have accumulated from all the STF's I have completed.
I am sure you would.

As would all the useless players that can't even manage to complete the STFs.

I wouldn't cause I like playing STO and wouldn't want it to die.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
As would all the useless players that can't even manage to complete the STFs.
Some peeps are useless I agree, but there are others that imo have become better players once they have run with people that know what they are doing in the STF's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda
I wouldn't cause I like playing STO and wouldn't want it to die.
Unbinding items wouldnt kill this game. It would add a new element that would allow other somewhat useless and the totally useless people be able to get better and move into the mediocre rank of people, as far as STF's go.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-27-2010, 06:41 PM
Gear is not that hard to get, anyone can grind a full set of purple gear on nothing but easy explore missions. If they are very selective about their missions they can do it with out any combat at all.

The only reason to unbind items is for folks who want it all NOW and cant wait to earn their points over time by doing the daily missions.

You allow unbinding and mix that with easy grindable missions. And youve opened the door for farming.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-27-2010, 07:16 PM
I do not want to see this in STO. Making the items available for sale will encourage real-money transactions and "gold" farmers. As the situation is now with badges, the player that wants Item X has a variety of methods to obtain them and the player must be the one making the effort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doryshan
I do not want to see this in STO. Making the items available for sale will encourage real-money transactions and "gold" farmers.
I see your point, but we already have people that farm EC's and the Devs have done a great job stopping them from spamming. I also mentioned that IF unbinding was allowed, that the items be stroed in a fleet bank...which I recanted...that was why I mentioned the proposal to in essence make all the purple items BoA, if the unbinding was successful. Also in a different reply, I said that this would be good for the weaker players, that statement of allowing them gear was wrong, and I recant that as well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Doryshan
As the situation is now with badges, the player that wants Item X has a variety of methods to obtain them and the player must be the one making the effort.
I applaud all those that grind to get what they want for each of their characters. I do the same, but it also very difficult to get the items for a specific class. I have and still do farm Infected daily and I have nearly all the items that could drop or have seen all the items that could drop for each class. All I want is the possibility to get the right gear for the right class without all the grinding. After so long, grinding becomes very boring, hence why I dont do the Btran daily anymore....it has become very retorical in regards with space and ground combat.

Randomness is needed to keep the game more interesting!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
Gear is not that hard to get, anyone can grind a full set of purple gear on nothing but easy explore missions. If they are very selective about their missions they can do it with out any combat at all.

The only reason to unbind items is for folks who want it all NOW and cant wait to earn their points over time by doing the daily missions.

You allow unbinding and mix that with easy grindable missions. And youve opened the door for farming.
Exactly. Ya hit it right on the nose, Cap.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan
Gear is not that hard to get, anyone can grind a full set of purple gear on nothing but easy explore missions.
Yup, but I play on Leet....so choosing the missions isnt an option that I wanna exercise...I prefer to take what they give me and either KILL or be KILLED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan
If they are very selective about their missions they can do it with out any combat at all.
Combat is the way of the warrior....wait...I am a Fed....lets try a diplomatic approach.......My Diplomatic Envoy consists of 14 Sovereign Class Vessels, 23 Defiant Class Vessels, and the Enterprise-D as the negotiating platform! What you got that I want?


Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan
The only reason to unbind items is for folks who want it all NOW and cant wait to earn their points over time by doing the daily missions.
My intentions were never for the whiners that dont take the time to get their own stuff....I juss wanna send the right item I get on my tac that will suite my engie or sci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan
You allow unbinding and mix that with easy grindable missions. And youve opened the door for farming.
We already have those and the Devs have done a wonderful job stopping all the spamming.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-28-2010, 05:22 AM
No, what you have are people farming Energy Credits. And those are pretty much worthless. They are easy to get, and other then getting a few extremely rare items on the exchange, Anything they can purchase can also be purchased with other currency. Most of the farmers have gone away simply because there is little profit in selling credits here. The market doesn't revolve around EC's

The MK X purple items on the other hand. Are highly desired. Simply due to the delay mechanic. While they are easy to get it, can take several weeks to fully grind out a entire set of purple gear. The ability to fast track that by buying gear directly from farmers would be all that's needed to fuel a new economy. EC farming would be back in vogue and purple MK X gear would flood the market.

If you feel EC farming is bad now, It can only get worse by creating new markets for them to profit in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-28-2010, 06:28 AM
The binding system keeps rare items rare, because only you can use them. If you want to sell purple stuff or share them with others, then don't bind them in the first place. I've picked up lots of rare green and blue items I don't need and they are sellable if you never equipped them before.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 AM.