Lt. Commander
Hopefully in season 3 we get a holodeck for episode replay, but i thought of how to make more use of it besides playing episodes, makeing our own episodes. For cryptic it wouldnt be as hard as createing things from scratch, they could add planet templates in from starclusters as well as other objects from it into a mission creator. heres how it would work, first you chose a plantet template, than you add in objects and units from different factions and chose their level health and if they are freindly or not, last part you have a bunch of createable objectives like interface with objects 1,2,3 and chose the snimation for interfaceing, or as another one kill x number of random species(and have a system that x apears once you do objective 1 or something) also add text from x type BO when you finish a objective You could also chose space templates from star cluseters for space missions or beam down ones, put in objects like a starbase, chose where to put planets and moons on a map, than put down ships and lastley objectives and text for finishing them from x type BO. Also add a shareing system so other people can play your missions on their holodeck(make it a option to share)

these ideas are just basic but could be expanded on once they impliment something basic like this(mabey just a planet to walk around on). Plus besides extra fun these missions give we could also use it for fleet stuff, one thing i want to do would be to make episode tests for members of my fleet to get promoted

please share youer thoughts on this idea
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2010, 01:31 PM
come on people tell me what you think
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
There's a lot of talk about the UGC (User Generated Content) tool-set, which in essence is what you're talking about. Just search the forums and read the many points of view about this topic. About episode replay, my personal opinion is expressed here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2010, 01:48 PM
So long as you don't get EX/DXP I'm fine.

Getting XP for a thing like this in CoH/CoV complete killed what was left of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Rehes
So long as you don't get EX/DXP I'm fine.

Getting XP for a thing like this in CoH/CoV complete killed what was left of the game.
change my mind no XP gain at all, but there should be accolades for doing x amount of other peoples mission