Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
06-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
Note highlight



I don't hink a "Comic Book" sets the stage. Further, my prior post QUOTED STO's EXPLANATION that you so nicely provided. You keep using one line out of context. The paragrach CONFIRMS that the timeline is altered.

So yes, I am paying attention. Your not reading your own refferences. So sorry.
The inspiration for the STO setting came from "Canon" books, TV (ENT, TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY), and film. The "Countdown" series is santioned by CBS to explain how the Paramont abomination, better know as ST:XI, affected the PRIME universe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
06-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
Note highlight



I don't hink a "Comic Book" sets the stage. Further, my prior post QUOTED STO's EXPLANATION that you so nicely provided. You keep using one line out of context. The paragrach CONFIRMS that the timeline is altered.

So yes, I am paying attention. Your not reading your own refferences. So sorry.

Explain how we are in an alternate timeline. Basically it boils down to this.

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/...ac53f51ba6.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
06-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Writing Staff: It should also be noted that the Federation cloak is fictionally correct, as seen in All Good Things.
Great informative post. However, here your writing staff is wrong as already pointed out by others (alternate universe where the Klingons conquered the Romulan Empire). IF you allow the Galaxy-X to have cloak there is absolutely no reason for other Federation ships to have none.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
06-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Given the current state of the Romulan Empire I'd say the federation is more than ready to pull out of the treaty
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
06-28-2010, 02:54 PM
It has nothing to do with the treaty alone. You might also consider reading the Path to 2409, so conveniently overlooked by everyone. And the best argument against federation-wide cloaking is still the ethics of the federation. If you say itīs a tactical advantage so the feds must use it in a war situation, the same reasoning would mean EVERY faction would use cloaks, but they donīt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
06-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Explain how we are in an alternate timeline. Basically it boils down to this.

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/...ac53f51ba6.jpg
Oh Snap! Epic Pwnage!!!

:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
06-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
It has nothing to do with the treaty alone. You might also consider reading the Path to 2409, so conveniently overlooked by everyone. And the best argument against federation-wide cloaking is still the ethics of the federation. If you say itīs a tactical advantage so the feds must use it in a war situation, the same reasoning would mean EVERY faction would use cloaks, but they donīt.
Ethics? WTH are you talking about? There are not "Starfleet" ethics in STO. We go around pew pew pew all day. We kill people and kill ships wholesale. I must have wiped a whole generation of klingons off the map single handedly.
STO is all pew pew. Sicne we dont use our minds in this game to solve problems but muscle, there is no reason not to have Fed-cloaking in STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
06-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Got to say thanks for getting all that information to us
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
06-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER View Post
Ethics? WTH are you talking about? There are not "Starfleet" ethics in STO. We go around pew pew pew all day. We kill people and kill ships wholesale. I must have wiped a whole generation of klingons off the map single handedly.
STO is all pew pew. Sicne we dont use our minds in this game to solve problems but muscle, there is no reason not to have Fed-cloaking in STO.
I didnīt argue against killing, since the klingons call some of my characters descendant of kahless for killing 1000 of them, they seem to like it. But at least the feds come to kill new lifeforms honestly and openly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
06-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Hey All,

Over the last few days I sent a few questions out to various people, and got some good answers. I wanted to take the time to share that information with you.

Me: Players are afraid that the Galaxy-X will significantly affect game balance, due to the fact that it’s a Tier above the currently available ships.
Design Team: Season 2 will provide new ships of equal power that can be earned through normal game mechanics, so players who purchase the ship in the C-Store will not have an advantage in PVP or PVE. Also, the Dreadnought Cruiser also comes with disadvantages for a Tier 5 ship. It has Tier 4 weapon slots and the speed and turn rate of a Exploration Cruiser (Galaxy)

Me: Cloaking is one of the things that gives Klingons their unique identity, with Federation being able to cloak, how can Klingons keep their unique racial characteristics?
Design Team: There are some unique Klingon powers in the process of being approved right now, but we don't have the green light to announce them yet.
Writing Staff: It should also be noted that the Federation cloak is fictionally correct, as seen in All Good Things.

Me: Will the Galaxy-X from the Referral System be any different than the Galaxy-X in the C-Store? In terms of mechanics, or look/feel?
Production Team: No, they will be the same.

Me: When will this hit the C-Store?
Everyone Else: TBD

Me: What will the price be?
Everyone Else: TBD
Hey, Destra. I don't see the other big question brought up regarding the C-Store mess. Can we please have a ruling on it?

What are you going to do to compensate those who bought a CO LTS and multiple retail boxes for their OWN account (to get the vendor items attached to them)? A great idea was brought up:

Give Cryptic Points (like around 1000CP) for each box purchased beyond the first. Maybe do something similar for the Champions lifers. Either do that or don't go through with compensating people for the Galaxy-X.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 AM.