Lt. Commander
# 51
06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Awesome about the Galaxy-X. I am 99% positive that I am going to get one when they come out in C-store, just gotta see how much they'll charge for it.

If any of you read the IDW Publishing official Star Trek Xl movie tie-in comic (Countdown), you would know that Nero's upgraded Narada, which was performed at the Tal Shiar outpost called the Vault with Borg technology, destroyed a small Federation fleet, a massive Klingon fleet, and nearly the Enterprise-E itself.

"Nero showed us the way" refers to these events. I really suggest you buy these comics as they show the connection between the 24th century and the new (though alternate) 23rd century flawlessly.

And as for the Romulan Empire, the Romulans like every other major Empire are in the middle of a civil war right now. You've got Sela's Roma Nova empire (the one you fight so much in the game), and then you have the independent colonies and those worlds that favor Donatra's point of view that are trying to not be so warlike. It is not unlike the House of Martok that is PO-ed that the House of Duras basically controls the High Council and is skirmishing with them in those PVP matches we fight. Also the Detapa Council which is trying to be Federation-like despite the threats of the radical and militaristic True Way Alliance.

So the Romulan Empire still exists, but they are so fraught with infighting that they have no way to stop Federation ships from crossing into their space.
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
It has nothing to do with the treaty alone. You might also consider reading the Path to 2409, so conveniently overlooked by everyone. And the best argument against federation-wide cloaking is still the ethics of the federation. If you say itīs a tactical advantage so the feds must use it in a war situation, the same reasoning would mean EVERY faction would use cloaks, but they donīt.
In the All Good Things timeline AND in the Endgame timeline the Federation had cloak. And as much as I like Kestrel's work, TNG and VOY canon trumps STO any day. We are in another timeline, but that does not mean that the Federation would never use cloaking devices.
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I didnīt argue against killing, since the klingons call some of my characters descendant of kahless for killing 1000 of them, they seem to like it. But at least the feds come to kill new lifeforms honestly and openly.
My reply was tounge-in-cheek humor at the way the game is played.

I personnally wouldnt mind having puzzles to solve to complete a mission, but some of the people I have seen in game, they wouldnt be able to get past the prologue.
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willriker09 View Post
Awesome about the Galaxy-X. I am 99% positive that I am going to get one when they come out in C-store, just gotta see how much they'll charge for it.

If any of you read the IDW Publishing official Star Trek Xl movie tie-in comic (Countdown), you would know that Nero's upgraded Narada, which was performed at the Tal Shiar outpost called the Vault with Borg technology, destroyed a small Federation fleet, a massive Klingon fleet, and nearly the Enterprise-E itself.

"Nero showed us the way" refers to these events. I really suggest you buy these comics as they show the connection between the 24th century and the new (though alternate) 23rd century flawlessly.

And as for the Romulan Empire, the Romulans like every other major Empire are in the middle of a civil war right now. You've got Sela's Roma Nova empire (the one you fight so much in the game), and then you have the independent colonies and those worlds that favor Donatra's point of view that are trying to not be so warlike. It is not unlike the House of Martok that is PO-ed that the House of Duras basically controls the High Council and is skirmishing with them in those PVP matches we fight. Also the Detapa Council which is trying to be Federation-like despite the threats of the radical and militaristic True Way Alliance.

So the Romulan Empire still exists, but they are so fraught with infighting that they have no way to stop Federation ships from crossing into their space.
Very good summary. Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 910burns View Post
Explain "Nero showed us the way."

in your thinking, nero was no more than a simple miner. He only bacame famous in the new timeline. In other words, we are not in EITHER timeline, and again all rules are out the window.

Fact: You only keep this going because you don't want to see Fed-Cloak. It's a done deal, and people are using them YESTERDAY. Live with it.
if you read the lead in to the movie, before nero goes back in time, the romulans use borg tech to upgrade his ship and then he goes on a killing spree as he heads to vulcan. He and spock get sucked into the past before he takes his revenge on vulcan in the prime time line. The war path is what they are talking about when it is said "Nero showed us the way." The Movie didn't change anything in the prime timeline, nero going back makes a parallel alternate time line.
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willriker09 View Post

Damn, beat me to it and explained it better as well. Oh well good post.
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
In the All Good Things timeline AND in the Endgame timeline the Federation had cloak. And as much as I like Kestrel's work, TNG and VOY canon trumps STO any day. We are in another timeline, but that does not mean that the Federation would never use cloaking devices.
I find those two sources to be kinda hokey. First off, "All Good Things" was a timeline created by Q so its validity is questionable. Secondly, in "Endgame", correct me if i'm wrong but it only showed her "cloaked" near the borg. I was pretty sure that was the Multi-Adaptive shielding designed to mess with the the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Is anyone else mad there just miking us for money? this is probably going to cost 800cp ...............
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I find those two sources to be kinda hokey. First off, "All Good Things" was a timeline created by Q so its validity is questionable. Secondly, in "Endgame", correct me if i'm wrong but it only showed her "cloaked" near the borg. I was pretty sure that was the Multi-Adaptive shielding designed to mess with the the Borg.
I understood that the shuttle actually cloaked. This would imply that not only the feds have the ability to cloak, but be able to make a device small enough for a shuttle to cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
In the path to 2409, it is explained that the destruction of romulus wiped out the leadership of the romulan star empire, the aftermath of that event meant that there is no empire left to have a treaty with. It states on one of the later years in the timeline that the federation did legally test a cloaking device but halted the experiments because the romulans had become closer and began to build their society again. however, the political power that had signed the treaty with the federation no longer exists; so the federation can begin trials of cloaking technology if they wish.