Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
For essentially doing the same thing as another group of players and then not compensate both sets of players?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Alright lets do some basic math... Now I'm guessing you are taking about the people who bought more then one copy of the game, if I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

so some people are calling for 1000 C-store points per box, and lets say we have 50000 people.
x $ 12.50 ( cost of the 1000 points )
--------------------------
$625000 of potential sales that would lose

or lets sat 10000 people, that would still be $125000 would be lost.

as you can see they would lose a lot of potential sales from doing that.

that is just one box each, it does not take in account two, three or more boxes.

now if I was wrong about boxes, and you are talking about COLTS, well then give me how much you would like cryptic to give them, and how many COLTS you think there are total. ( guesstimate )

but I'm soon to gone due to diner plans.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Well essentially it's because they think we're all stupid, they assume that we're so in love with the concept of Star Trek that we will buy everything they put out as soon as it comes without thinking. Then they also assume that we're so stupid we won't remember that they pulled a fast one on us and will buy the next thing that they put out.

Then wehn people say anything negative they either delete their comments or shove them in subforums where they'll never be seen.

In short they're acting as if they're god's gift to gamers.

It will cost them in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robingbrown View Post
Well essentially it's because they think we're all stupid, they assume that we're so in love with the concept of Star Trek that we will buy everything they put out as soon as it comes without thinking.
Well when so many people go out and buy 5 copys of the game and pay to start 5 extra accounts just to get a slightly different ship, who wouldn't think the player base is a bunch of morons?

Quote:
Then they also assume that we're so stupid we won't remember that they pulled a fast one on us and will buy the next thing that they put out.
And with so many COLTS complaining that they paid 200 bucks for a life time sub to a game they don't want to play just to get an outfit that is later put in the C-Store. I doubt Cryptic thinks any of the players are smart enough to eat without a feeding tube.

Quote:
Then wehn people say anything negative they either delete their comments or shove them in subforums where they'll never be seen.
I've noticed they leave comments up from all the people calling Cryptic lairs and scam artists, but when I point out paying that much money for a ship or an outifit in an MMO is gaming at a Forest Gump level then they delete my comment because I hurt someone feelings.

Oh well, hey I gotta run, there's a new referral program, recruit 50 players and you get a new combadge. Looks like I'm off to the mall to buy 50 copys of the game right after I e-mail the prince of Nigeria my bank account number so he can leave the royal family's fortune in my safe keeping.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm

Oh well, hey I gotta run, there's a new referral program, recruit 50 players and you get a new combadge. Looks like I'm off to the mall to buy 50 copys of the game right after I e-mail the prince of Nigeria my bank account number so he can leave the royal family's fortune in my safe keeping.
Sweat someone fell for it... umm I mean go help the prince.

but I do have to disagree with you. ( if you were not being sarcastic ) they are not going to give them compensation because they would lose to much of the C-store income. just look at my first post, and you will see it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
but I do have to disagree with you. ( if you were not being sarcastic ) they are not going to give them compensation because they would lose to much of the C-store income. just look at my first post, and you will see it.
Well the only flaw with that math is that there weren't that many people who got the reward. I think one of the GMs said only about 50 Galaxy Xs were flying around in the game when they decided to end the promotion.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Well the only flaw with that math is that there weren't that many people who got the reward. I think one of the GMs said only about 50 Galaxy Xs were flying around in the game when they decided to end the promotion.
oh no that math was for box sales.

the galaxy-x is $2500, or $3750 if we were to get another 25 before the month is over.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
oh no that math was for box sales.

the galaxy-x is $2500, or $3750 if we were to get another 25 before the month is over.
So your first post is talking about everyone who bought more then one copy of the game for any reason?
If that is the case then the reason Cryptic won't give all of them 1000cp is simple.
If you bought an extra copy of the game to get some item, then you received your item. You didn't lose the item once it went on the C-store, and you don't get refunds just because you over paid for something.

When I bought my first flat screen TV I paid $1000 six months later it went down to $800. RCA would have laughed at me if I went to them for a $200 refund. It's just the way the world works. I'm shocked some many people don't get that.

These people who are crying about wanting compensation will see your post and just cry more because Cryptic is "greedy" and isn't a non profit company looking to help the poor disenfranchised trekies of the world.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
So your first post is talking about everyone who bought more then one copy of the game for any reason?
If that is the case then the reason Cryptic won't give all of them 1000cp is simple.
If you bought an extra copy of the game to get some item, then you received your item. You didn't lose the item once it went on the C-store, and you don't get refunds just because you over paid for something.
well that's just one copy for each person. i did not take in to account what multiple copies would do. the 50k was the total fan base, ( I know there is more, but that is an easy number for people ) and that was the total lost to cryptic if they gave 1000 points to everyone just once. not taking in account more then one copy.

Quote:

These people who are crying about wanting compensation will see your post and just cry more because Cryptic is "greedy" and isn't a non profit company looking to help the poor disenfranchised trekies of the world.
you are most likely to be right, chances are it will be blown off.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Ok i get it now. It's late and I'm slow.