Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
Ok i get it now. It's late and I'm slow.
that is fine... it's 2 in the morning where I'm at so I'm also slow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-29-2010, 04:30 AM
I get that theres probably alot more people tha bought multiple boxes at the beginning then did for the x butisn't it only fair if you compensate one to compensate the other
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-29-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Alright lets do some basic math... Now I'm guessing you are taking about the people who bought more then one copy of the game, if I'm wrong then I'm sorry.

so some people are calling for 1000 C-store points per box, and lets say we have 50000 people.
50000
x $ 12.50 ( cost of the 1000 points )
--------------------------
$625000 of potential sales that would lose

or lets sat 10000 people, that would still be $125000 would be lost.

as you can see they would lose a lot of potential sales from doing that.

that is just one box each, it does not take in account two, three or more boxes.

now if I was wrong about boxes, and you are talking about COLTS, well then give me how much you would like cryptic to give them, and how many COLTS you think there are total. ( guesstimate )

but I'm soon to gone due to diner plans.


Zode...

sometimes you need to pick and choose your battles. Don't just pick pick pick

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Please keep your posts clean an on topic. Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-29-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
Well the only flaw with that math is that there weren't that many people who got the reward. I think one of the GMs said only about 50 Galaxy Xs were flying around in the game when they decided to end the promotion.

They ended the Referral Program less than two months after launching it. As a Recruiter, I had all my friends and family members already in the fame or tried it and didn't like it. I went recruiting.

I sent out more than 50 keys. Of those 50, EIGHT bought the game after playing the cheesy 1-hour demo that required (for some) a 2-3 download of the full client (10+ gig)

I tried to soften that blow by telling them that they actually downloaded the entire client and a retail key would give them full access to the game, but that went horribly wrong. If the fanboys (sic) ever looked in the tech forums they would know this.

NONE of the buddy perks ever worked, and to this day are still broken. Did Cryptic Marketing listen to your polls? NO ! they figured it would be easiest to pay off the early adopters of the program and just sell the ship outright.

They knew way in advance that STEAM would be selling the box game for pennies above the monthly fee.

If anyone in their Marketing team is above the age of 30 I'd be shocked. How they even got a degree is amazing. Gaming is no longer a young business, and hiring interns at 20k a year is no longer reaping the best and the brightest.

Judging by the STFs, this entire crew has no idea how to create an immersive and challenging game. All they managed to do was collect a bunch of F2P players that like Star Trek and suckered them into the idea that a micro-transaction store is the norm for a subscription based game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray1776 View Post
Anyone who buys 2 copies to get some virtual thingee is stupid.
Welcome to the forums. Please read the thread before insulting nameless others. Beware the Hammer.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
I get that theres probably alot more people tha bought multiple boxes at the beginning then did for the x butisn't it only fair if you compensate one to compensate the other
it's not that there is a lot of people, but it's the fact that they have to compensate everyone, and it would be a guaranteed lost of profit. there is no guarantee that they will make that much, but if they give points out to everyone it is guaranteed that they wont make that much.

as for being fair I will keep that to myself. I'm trying my best to give the facts, and not fight the opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
Zode...

sometimes you need to pick and choose your battles. Don't just pick pick pick

I wasn't picking a fight I was showing the facts. if you don't believe me then do the math yourself. take how much the C-points equal in dollars, and times it by the amount of people playing, or do what I did, and pick a good even number 50k. you will get how much money they are guaranteed to lose, and they are most likely not going to take that big of a lost to give out free points to everyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
07-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
They ended the Referral Program less than two months after launching it. As a Recruiter, I had all my friends and family members already in the fame or tried it and didn't like it. I went recruiting.

I sent out more than 50 keys. Of those 50, EIGHT bought the game after playing the cheesy 1-hour demo that required (for some) a 2-3 download of the full client (10+ gig)

I tried to soften that blow by telling them that they actually downloaded the entire client and a retail key would give them full access to the game, but that went horribly wrong. If the fanboys (sic) ever looked in the tech forums they would know this.

NONE of the buddy perks ever worked, and to this day are still broken. Did Cryptic Marketing listen to your polls? NO ! they figured it would be easiest to pay off the early adopters of the program and just sell the ship outright.

They knew way in advance that STEAM would be selling the box game for pennies above the monthly fee.

If anyone in their Marketing team is above the age of 30 I'd be shocked. How they even got a degree is amazing. Gaming is no longer a young business, and hiring interns at 20k a year is no longer reaping the best and the brightest.

Judging by the STFs, this entire crew has no idea how to create an immersive and challenging game. All they managed to do was collect a bunch of F2P players that like Star Trek and suckered them into the idea that a micro-transaction store is the norm for a subscription based game.
I don't how what any of that has to do with weather or not people deserve to be compensated. Even if this program went off with out a hitch, I can't see a reasonable person thinking it was worth the effort based on the reward. And I surely can't blame Cryptic for not knowing people would just buy a bunch of copys of the game and a bunch of subs for some ship variant. I wouldn't have guessed anyone would be that foolish. Maybe I have to much faith in humanity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
07-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Signed and agreed its not right to compensate one group of players and not the other for essentially doing the same thing
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
How about taking Cryptic to Judge Judy, that'll be fun?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:44 PM.