Lt. Commander
# 1 is it really that bad?
06-29-2010, 04:05 PM
looking on these forums,i see a lot of people saying,that the klingon side is basically ignored by cryptic,therefore it sucks.
is that right?does it suck?
i thought i'd give it a go.i made a naussican engineer.it's at lt 10 atm,so haven't done much(just the 1st explore mission several times,and took on the npc feds a bit).
thing's are definitely wierd,klingon side.a lot of missions seem to be ground based(compared to the starting fed missions).this isn't too bad,i like the ground stuff,but it does get old after the 5th time in a row.
when it came to certain missions,involving having to destroy 5 of something,your scanner doesn't show them up,like it does with glowies,so harder to find them.better the fed side.
the enemies are cool,if a little boring.i do like forcing the empire onto planets
i noticed,too,that you don't get so many drops,klingon side,as you do fed side.
and qo'nos,the main base,is a little confusing,when starting out.there's no signs up,to show where anything is.
the costumes,klingon side,are lacking.really need more(hopefully coming soon?).
the ships,however,are really nice.the starting ship is very good,haven't had to change anything.it's very fast,turns well,and is really fun to use.i've looked at the later ships,and they look wicked too.
pvp seems kinda dead on sto.dunno if it was the time i was playing,but there was only about 20 people lined up for pvp.seems lacking.then again,i don't pvp really,so it ain't that bad for me.
personally,i'll carry on giving it a go.it seems like a fun change(and i don't have to bother with those damn samples!).if anyone thought of giving it a go,i'd say sure,go for it,but don't expect it to be like the fed side.

so,my question is,for you veteran klingon players,
is it any good?does it get better,or is it a bit boring,all throughout?would you endorse klingon side,or not?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
it's mostly complaints by people wanting the klingon side to be something it's not advertised as being.

If you don't pvp really you probably wont enjoy klingons for all that long, even with their pve improvements in season 2.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-29-2010, 06:20 PM
For me, PVP really is the only draw. There isn't much else going on and even once we get more PvE missions they can't possibly offer the same challenge or excitement as PvP can potentially offer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
it's mostly complaints by people wanting the klingon side to be something it's not advertised as being.
You know, the game was advertised that there would not be bridges or interiors either.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
You know, the game was advertised that there would not be bridges or interiors either.
It doesn't really have to do much with the advertisement. That explains why they weren't in the game yet.

Klingons feel ignored because they expect more feedback, quicker results. But the problem is - no one is getting more feedback or quicker results.

CapnLogan is now finally "fixing" various ship models, answering to threads that were created months ago. The fixes will be in with Season 2. His work is awesome, but it should point out how long it actually takes to incorporate feedback in the game.

The Fed ship costumes added to the game aren't really a result of any feedback. They were created before anyone could ask for new ship costumes.

Added for feedback will be the Excelsior or Nebula class ships. Rumor has it - season 2. Despite the demands that it should be in being months old.

Klingons wanted PvE. They got something with season 1 in the form of exploration missions. Not really that exciting in the long run. And now they will finally get 8 story missions in Season 2. Of course we want more. One for each level is probably the minimum to really satisfy the demand (and is about what the Federation gets, if not a little more - but it's not like Federation players wouldn't want more missions ).

The rate at which Cryptic can deliver its content is not the same rate that people hope for. And that's what causing frustration. But... How to change that? Cryptic can't make money out of thin air to increase its team size and development speed. (If they could that, they wouldn't need MMOs ).
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-30-2010, 04:01 AM
I noticed that on these forums the klingons were intended to be a pvp faction argument pops up often.
However when the game was in the making it was advertised as one that will have four factions Federation, Klingons, Romulans and Cardassians. Hence you had all four faction logos everywhere from website to artwork.

The pvp/monster play was just an excuse that was said in one interview when Cryptic realized they wont be able to flesh it out on time.

Having them as a warlike faction does not mean that pve missions do not work with theme. House politics, assassinations, rebellions or just bullying other cultures are all potentialy good themes.

The current system is "okay" in theory but combination of lack of pvp activity, changes from some missions to one time only, silly cooldowns on others and nerf of exp rewards compared to beta can make it grim at times.

I can definetly see what we have working for leveling one main guy but leveling alts would be a lot more fun with more pve stuff.

Also the stuff we do have needs tons of fixes, enemies spawning in buildings, useless scanner,limited alien creator, no fugly teeth for klingons, fudged up scaling (example always small hands), midget Gorn, limited and clipping uniforms and finally haircuts. (neither Klingons nor Nausicaans wear dreadlocks)
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Quote:

If you don't pvp really you probably wont enjoy klingons for all that long, even with their pve improvements in season 2.

Agreed but I've been unable to find a PVP match at all in the last week. My klingon character is relatively new and I cannot find a single PVP match. None. I can queue up three matches and wait for an hour and I'll find nothing. Same goes for the Fed side at low levels.

It's rather pointless.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
PvP queing depends on what time of the day you play. Some days I get plenty of ques with a short wait time, others not so much.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by static-force
looking on these forums,i see a lot of people saying,that the klingon side is basically ignored by cryptic,therefore it sucks.
is that right?does it suck?
i thought i'd give it a go.i made a naussican engineer.it's at lt 10 atm,so haven't done much(just the 1st explore mission several times,and took on the npc feds a bit).
thing's are definitely wierd,klingon side.a lot of missions seem to be ground based(compared to the starting fed missions).this isn't too bad,i like the ground stuff,but it does get old after the 5th time in a row.
when it came to certain missions,involving having to destroy 5 of something,your scanner doesn't show them up,like it does with glowies,so harder to find them.better the fed side.
the enemies are cool,if a little boring.i do like forcing the empire onto planets
i noticed,too,that you don't get so many drops,klingon side,as you do fed side.
and qo'nos,the main base,is a little confusing,when starting out.there's no signs up,to show where anything is.
the costumes,klingon side,are lacking.really need more(hopefully coming soon?).
the ships,however,are really nice.the starting ship is very good,haven't had to change anything.it's very fast,turns well,and is really fun to use.i've looked at the later ships,and they look wicked too.
pvp seems kinda dead on sto.dunno if it was the time i was playing,but there was only about 20 people lined up for pvp.seems lacking.then again,i don't pvp really,so it ain't that bad for me.
personally,i'll carry on giving it a go.it seems like a fun change(and i don't have to bother with those damn samples!).if anyone thought of giving it a go,i'd say sure,go for it,but don't expect it to be like the fed side.

so,my question is,for you veteran klingon players,
is it any good?does it get better,or is it a bit boring,all throughout?would you endorse klingon side,or not?
Yes, it is that bad/boring. I enjoy PvP, I enjoy PvE, I enjoy TFs, and I enjoy being KDF. The time has come to make some real PvE content for KDF. It is a smart business move, and would help grow the KDF ranks. If the KDF ranks continue to shrink, it is only a amatter of time before 90% of PvP if FvF.

Quote:

What it is, what it is advertised as, and what it should be are not always the same. Cryptic said that what is to be sold in the C-Store would only be cosmetic and not give a player an edge. We all know that is not true. There is a class war between KDF and SF players about to come via C-Store items: the coming Galaxy X, and Caitian will give a small edge to SF in PvP. I am sure the C-Store is not advertised to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Legh SoH Daq Gre'Thor
07-02-2010, 08:30 AM
They can give the fed babies what they want we'll keep killing them! Sell the feds ships that can cloak I like that idea now no on has to see how bad they play. Suck it up your a warrior!!!

"Legh SoH Daq Gre'Thor"

Tulmus
Leader of the Kut'luch Fleet
www.kutluch.guildportal.com