Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
07-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarinSolare
You know what? This has nothing to do with poor marketing departments. It has to do with a fanbase that is so crazy, insane, and entitled that they think they should have EVERY perceived slight against them rectified. It's ridiculous. I thought this sort of behavior only existed in children, not so-called adults.
Those of you who whine and complain about the 'exclusives' and then demand compensation need to grow the hell up. I'm absolutely tired of your whining and constant complaining on these forums. You ruin an otherwise decent community with your antics. I feel for your children, if you should have any, because they're going to grow up thinking that this is acceptable adult behavior and just carry on with your 'legacy,' thus polluting the human race with even more jealousy, greed, and entitlement.
It's pretty sad when WORLD OF ******** has a better forum community than this game.
/rant
Tylenol... $5.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupgoblin View Post
I support this post 100%
You would think fans of Star Trek might display some of the fine qualities of the people in those shows...
I guess they learned nothing from Star Trek....
Eye glass cleaner $3.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelakh View Post
A) Try decaf.
B) Complaining about complainers is definitely a behaviour that exists in children.
C) If you're absolutely tired of the complaints and feel that comments posted here ruin the community, um...why do you read them? I mean, it's pretty easy to avoid stuff that'd bother you on the forums. The topic title should have told you all you needed to know. Just curious.
D) Isn't your rant exactly the same kind of thing you're complaining about and stating as a cause of ruination for the forums?
E) I do so love watching hypocrisy in action.
F) Try decaf.
Anyway...
Having someone turn on the light so others can see the coffee... Priceless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
07-03-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Interesting but it only covers the topics of Star Trek and Marketing in the very broadest of senses.

The 1701s run and the C-Store/Exclusives/Preorder/CO-Lifer thing are only tangentially related - a tenuous analogy that falls apart on closer inspection.

Cryptic, unlike Playmate, is making their items more accessible to general consumption.
The only real difference that I can see it that the accounts are - by contract - nontransferable, also the "exclusives" are non-transferable between accounts. That and the fact that the items weren't intended to be a limited production. Just limited to those willing to jump through the proper hoops.

As for the COLTS Mirror Universe thing, it really was a limited production. Instead of being limited by numbers it was limited by time. They actually tried to limit it by numbers, but it ****ed people off because when they did that they were doubling back on their advertising which initially said that time was the only limit. Even then, time limited is still limited numbers. It's just that the limited number is undefined at inception.

That's the only difference I'm really seeing here. Honestly, I think the only reason it's "tangentially related" is because you've got your head in the sand. Just because you refuse to see that the marketing department is ****ing people off doesn't mean it's not happening. For that matter, that's the entire problem. It's not at all about the items. It's about the marketing department stepping on people's toes like someone with two left feet and big toes for all ten toes. Cryptic's marketing department IS ****ing people off. If you deny that, then you need to take a clue from your avatar: wake up and smell the coffee.

I agree with you on only one point: There's very little reason for the preorder exclusives to be complained about. As you said, a FAQ was infact posted before the game even went up for sale. The COLTS MU Universe however is a completely different animal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
07-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarinSolare
You know what? This has nothing to do with poor marketing departments. It has to do with a fanbase that is so crazy, insane, and entitled that they think they should have EVERY perceived slight against them rectified. It's ridiculous. I thought this sort of behavior only existed in children, not so-called adults.

Those of you who whine and complain about the 'exclusives' and then demand compensation need to grow the hell up. I'm absolutely tired of your whining and constant complaining on these forums. You ruin an otherwise decent community with your antics. I feel for your children, if you should have any, because they're going to grow up thinking that this is acceptable adult behavior and just carry on with your 'legacy,' thus polluting the human race with even more jealousy, greed, and entitlement.

It's pretty sad when WORLD OF ******** has a better forum community than this game.

/rant
This is the behavior that I'm seeing coming from you:

Arguments are like paintings. Every person who paints one has something to show the world.

Some people, like you, decide that you don't like exactly what a given painting has on it. So you take a new canvas and some new paint and you paint something that only vaguely resembles the original. Once you're done, you show the world how bad of a painting the original was by showing your crappy forgery. Finally, just to make a point, you toss the forgery into a fire. Because paintings that bad need to be killed... with fire...


If you want to be taken seriously, don't put up straw man arguments. Don't take what the people you disagree with out of context, then entirely misrepresent their argument. It's intellectually dishonest. Address the issues as the issues are presented rather than framing them out of context. Lastly, don't presume to tell people what they really think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
07-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Hahaha, nice find OP! I have nothing to do with the collectable world, but it is a funny parallel. Cryptic went down in flames with STO fans long ago, and to add insult to injury they just POed a huge chunk of their lifetime/pre-order subscribers.

Cryptic marketing is like a half-dead Vidiian still flailing around, trying to crit its subscribers with 9k damage by harvesting their "exclusives". But they're swinging at air with their half-rendered arm as I've beamed-out to explore OTHER strange new worlds.
ROFL - Thanks for it. Perfect description of the Marketing Situation. LOL :p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM.