Lt. Commander
# 121
07-02-2010, 08:00 AM
See, I think you don't spend nearly enough time as a Captain... perhaps we could adjust the lower ranks to fix this? Something like this

Tier 1
Ensign 1 (like it is now)
Lt, JG 2-5 (if you make LT before talking to Quinn)
Lieutenant 6*-10 (or upon completing the tutorial by talking with Quinn at ESD)

Tier 2
Lieutenant Commander 11-15
Commander 16-20

Tier 3
Captain 21-30

Tier 4
Captain 31-40
OR
Captain 31-35
Fleet Captain/Commodore 36-40

Tier 5
Rear Admiral, LH 41-45
Rear Admiral, UH 46-50
Vice Admiral 51-55
Admiral 56-60

Tier 6 (hopefully)
Fleet Admiral 61+

So the ship/item structure wouldn't change at all, just WHEN we get our rank, and how long we get to play in the rank of Captain. Don't know... the change might confuse some people... but no one would get demoted this way, quite the opposite!
Lt. Commander
As there are only 5 grades for admiral, I hope they make it at least somewhat of a challenge by dramatically increasing the experience points necessary to go through each grade (for RA Lower Half it was 2000 each). Getting experience is never a problem since they throw 400-500 points a mission at you anyway, but as we're only going from lvl 45 to lvl 51 with Season 2, I hope it will take me more than a week with regular play since we only get a major update but a few times a year.
Lt. Commander
# 123
07-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I believe That they shouldn't call the final one Fleet admiral because there is only suppose be one Fleet admiral. However there are plenty of other ranks we can add in. Lieutenant junior grade between ensign and lieutenant, commodore before Rear admiral, and that's not including the unlisted ranks them selves. http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_ranks for more rank details.
Lt. Commander
# 124
07-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus01
aka is fleet admiral
Fleet Admiral is one step below Admiral of the Navy, although Admiral of the Navy has only been confirmed once in the history of the US Navy. I have a vague recollection of that fact being mentioned when I was in the Navy, but I'm pulling that info directly from Wiki, so make of it what you will. (Link)
Lt. Commander
# 125
07-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Maybe there should be certain conditions to be met before you can level up each rank past Rear Admiral Lower. For example; you need to have completed x% of the mission accolades and have completed at least x amount of STF's on a harder difficulty setting to be promoted to the next level. Then you grade up 10 levels as usual and have to pass a harder set of prerequisites.

Additionally to counter the ever rising amount of high ranking officers, we should be penalized and demoted for dying more than x amount of times on each grade (not rank). This should be scaled so at a rank of Fleet Admiral, 2 deaths in any grade will result in a lost grade.

Either way, I really hope that somewhere amongst Cryptic pushing rank levels up that they're also looking into ways to demote characters to balance out the universe.
Lt. Commander
# 126
07-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Lt. Commander
# 127
07-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Honestly there should be at least 15 grades in-between each rank, it is far too quick to level up in this game. At this point in it's life the max rank anyone should rightfully have is captain with skill level maxed at I dunno 75 roughly if you're a captain. And as many of us have posted and suggested before their should be atleast two additional ranks in the game first being "Cadet" which would come before ensign, it would simulate the training area and level for new characters/players. Ensign would then be followed by "Lieutenant Junior Grade" and then Lieutenant. Then the max level for a captain would be 105. Seems reasonable to me. Then for season 2 the would increase the level cap to 120 with the introduction Rear Admiral LH (Commodore). Make sense?
Lt. Commander
# 128 CinC.
07-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota2063 View Post
I believe That they shouldn't call the final one Fleet admiral because there is only suppose be one Fleet admiral.
This is incorrect, there can be more than one Fleet Admiral in Starfleet at any one time, but there can be only ONE Commander-in-Chief in Starfleet at any one time.

Admiral Quinn deserves a promotion to Fleet Admiral and by the time we (the players) are able to achieve the rank of Fleet Admiral our selves, then if Quinn is still alive, he should be promoted to the Commander-in-Chief, unless the person who has that title now behind the scenes has no reason to stand down.
Lt. Commander
# 129
07-03-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
This is incorrect, there can be more than one Fleet Admiral in Starfleet at any one time, but there can be only ONE Commander-in-Chief in Starfleet at any one time.

Admiral Quinn deserves a promotion to Fleet Admiral and by the time we (the players) are able to achieve the rank of Fleet Admiral our selves, then if Quinn is still alive, he should be promoted to the Commander-in-Chief, unless the person who has that title now behind the scenes has no reason to stand down.
you are wrong my friend
when did you go to real life Starfleet to know this hmmmm? and also in your link it says no where that there can be more then one at any one time
Lt. Commander
# 130
07-03-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malffurion
you are wrong my friend
when did you go to real life Starfleet to know this hmmmm? and also in you link says no where that there can be more then one at any time and also this is /Commander_in_chief rank not FLEET ADMIRAL
Just read / watch everything Military / Star Trek relating to this specific topic and you'll understand, or just go to your local Military recruitment building, then ask one of the Officers, I know I am right, but I'm not arguing with anyone over this.

EDIT: The link is to the article on the Starfleet Commander-in-Chief, read that article, and then read the article on teh Fleet Admiral, then do what I said in the last paragraph.

Going out to enjoy the sunshine now, enjoy your day and have a good one. I won't be able to check back in until Monday now.

P.S. Cryptic has a great amount of power, so Cryptic if you haven't done so previously, would you be so kind as to contact someone, who is the authority on Military Ranks, so we can clear this lot up once and for all, cheers.

Have one Awesome weekend!
Closed Thread