Lt. Commander
# 491
09-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraeth-Nytes
The US Army's 5-Star is "General of the Army", and Brigadier is "Brigadier General" .... just saying ^^
US Navy doesn't have Commodore, but RA Lower and Upper, as well. Again, just saying ^^
Again, I wasn't referring only to US ranks, but rather an aggregate of ranks from all over the world. The Canadian Navy uses Commodore as I listed it, and the UK and Russians use Field Marshal.

Just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 492
09-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Also once we get to fleet Admiral we should be able to outfit another ship(Such as an old ship of yours),Shove a few BO's on it,promote one to captain and then have it follow you everywhere.
I would say you could do this with a max of 2 ships as any more and you would run out of BO's unless we get more slots.
good idea. Right now the "disk" separation from the exploration cruiser follows you around for a set period of time which is really cool. Create your own mini-armada with missions that would require additional ships and assign roles.
Lt. Commander
# 493 Commodores
09-28-2010, 07:46 PM
I agree about the commodore rank..In the US Navy Commodore was used for a short time but went to Upper and Lower Adm. The person that said Commodore was used in Star Trek is correct. I believe we should use this rank as well. It will also clear any confusion of Upper and Lower Adm for those who have never been in teh military
Lt. Commander
# 494 Ranks
10-02-2010, 04:18 AM
Now I can sleep at night.
These were becoming somewhat confusing.
Thanks for the updates.
Lt. Commander
# 495
10-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I am against further rank increases, If they are going to increase the ranks every major patch I'm done with this game. This is utter crap.
Lt. Commander
# 496
10-07-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
I am against further rank increases, If they are going to increase the ranks every major patch I'm done with this game. This is utter crap.
can't please everyone all the time... most people do nothing but complain... you are definitely taking it to an extreme though... good luck in life mate.
Lt. Commander
# 497
10-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Personally I think hey just need to add more levels between each rank, 5 or 10 levels between each rank I the admiral stage is just not nearly enough. They should be at least between 15-30 and the higher up as an admiral the bigger the spread should be. To get from Admiral (whatever one is up after vice) to fleet admiral should be 30-45 levels and require certain specific requirements that are quite difficult to attain as there should not be hundreds of fleet admirals running in game at most only the primary guild/fleet leader should be allowed to get this rank. I also still support the idea of adding in Lieutenant Junior grade, Cadet and Commodor.
Lt. Commander
# 498
10-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_AnthonyIV
I agree about the commodore rank..In the US Navy Commodore was used for a short time but went to Upper and Lower Adm. The person that said Commodore was used in Star Trek is correct. I believe we should use this rank as well. It will also clear any confusion of Upper and Lower Adm for those who have never been in teh military

Thank God this Star Trek and not the real world. IN canon the Commodore rank was never removed.
Lt. Commander
# 499
10-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Thank God this Star Trek and not the real world. IN canon the Commodore rank was never removed.
At least, that we know of. There hasn't been a reference to a Starfleet Commodore since The Motion Picture. Enterprise, as a prequel, may or may not count.

I'm in favour of the Commodore rank, but to be fair, we haven't seen a Commodore in a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 500
10-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
At least, that we know of. There hasn't been a reference to a Starfleet Commodore since The Motion Picture. Enterprise, as a prequel, may or may not count.

I'm in favour of the Commodore rank, but to be fair, we haven't seen a Commodore in a long time.
Not sure where the reference of Commodore was in The Motion Picture I just got done reading the book to that movie written by Gene himself and saw no reference to Commodore in it at all unless your talking about Deckers father but the rank was never mention but he was a commodore in TOS anyways I would have no problem with having the rank of Commodore instead of Rear Admiral lower and upper Half it looks too odd to read that in missions. I think it should be Commodore then Rear Admiral. As for the new ranks after VA I look forward to seeing these as well.
Keep up the good work Cryptic I have enjoyed the game alot.
Closed Thread