Lt. Commander
# 21
06-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryan
The MU uniforms were branded exclusive, just as the Liberated Borg were.
your right about this having been gone over and over again. However, the word "exclusive" was used ONE TIME regarding MU, and that was in an informal online chat with a now-dismissed employee. The official posting by Cryptic used "UNIQUE" with regard to the MU Uniform.

PROOF: Date: 8-4-09, Author: Daeke, Cryptic Studios Team
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=24059

If you keep repeating something that is false, someone may believe you....
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Via that link.

Quote:
"Beyond the deep discount on the subscription rates, we wanted to come up with added incentives and exclusives that, as gamers, we could get excited about," said Jack Emmert, Cryptic Studios' Chief Operating Officer. "With an early commitment to Champions Online, granting guaranteed early access to our next big game, Star Trek Online, seemed like a great way to engage Cryptic’s biggest fans in other projects at the studio.”

Lifetime subscribers will also receive an exclusive Mirror Universe costume set for Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
Note: I am not a lifer

They were supposed to be exclusive to preorder lifer, and we must keep them exclusive. The lifers should deserve to have their exclusives.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-30-2010, 11:09 PM
Actually I am pretty sure it said something to the affect of "Unique Mirror Universe outfit, exclusive only to Champions Online Lifetime Membership". It wasn't in the Forums it was on their Promotionall website and "News Archive". The funny thing is that when I was looking for the info during the MU skirt issue the "News Archive" was active. When they put the MU in the C-Store the website was gone/discontinued. Too bad I didn't take a snapshot of the actual website. If anyone wants to take a go at it; it was located here somewhere...
http://www.champions-online.com/archive?page=29
and here...
http://www.champions-online.com/exclusive_specials

Anyway it doesn't matter anymore. The hate for me is just about gone about the MU C-Store fiasco. Probably won't buy anything in the C-Store ever again but at least I can start playing STO without feeling the NERD RAGE. Love Star Trek too much to let this get to me.

Liberated Borg on the C-Store... at this point who cares... have your Borg if you want it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-30-2010, 11:59 PM
I can't see any good reason to keep the liberated borg off the C-store. Anyone who got a lifetime sub, well they already got our money. This is a game with little content, and yes they are working on that, but they need all the help they can get keeping people around. Now if people want to buy any new race for captains, that will keep them playing as they start over.

Now if you only got the lifetime sub so you could feel special I feel sorry for you. Keeping people paying is more important then your feelings. Your borg captain is worthless if the game goes under.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Theres a perfectly good reason.

Masses of liberated Borg would be stupid since in Trek lore it is an increadibly "rare" occurance.
We don't need more borg wannabe's running around everywhere.
That reason alone is good enough not to add them.

Oh yes, and having tons of people running around in MU uniforms is way more plausible since clothing can be replicated without issue.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Theres a perfectly good reason.

Masses of liberated Borg would be stupid since in Trek lore it is an increadibly "rare" occurance.
We don't need more borg wannabe's running around everywhere.
That reason alone is good enough not to add them.

Oh yes, and having tons of people running around in MU uniforms is way more plausible since clothing can be replicated without issue.
Never a good idea to justify Cryptic's action to the canonical lore in Star Trek. Cryptic thinks that there should be more Galaxy-X cruisers cruising around the galaxy than the number of liberated borgs (soon).

If you think introducing liberated borgs in C-Store is "stupid" because it's a "rare" occurrence is a pretty laughable argument. How do you justify the liberated borg BOs that almost every players have? How do you justify possibly hundreds/thousands of Galaxy-X to be commissioned soon (which shouldn't even exist in this universe)? Cryptic has contradicted the Star Trek canonical lore numerous times.. flirted with them and molded them to their likings. What makes you think the liberated borg deserves a special treatment? It doesn't matter if it's a sash or a playable race.

If you think the Liberated Borg should remain only to the Pre-Order Lifetime subscribers, then you need a better argument than that..... lol.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-01-2010, 05:02 AM
From the Original Story it is not very simpel to liberate a borg drone.
So please all Liberated borg must Deleted and only a very very very very rar chars can be one of this.
The same is with the Galaxy-X and with so many soverigns, Joid Trill and and and.

So STO can't do it canon or reality.
And why not? The User they have by this LTA in the PRE-Order time they have it, ok it is not a exclusiv but when i logon to the Universe i see so manny LTA user so it is not realy exclusiv at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
Never a good idea to justify Cryptic's action to the canonical lore in Star Trek. Cryptic thinks that there should be more Galaxy-X cruisers cruising around the galaxy than the number of liberated borgs (soon).

If you think introducing liberated borgs in C-Store is "stupid" because it's a "rare" occurrence is a pretty laughable argument. How do you justify the liberated borg BOs that almost every players have? How do you justify possibly hundreds/thousands of Galaxy-X to be commissioned soon (which shouldn't even exist in this universe)? Cryptic has contradicted the Star Trek canonical lore numerous times.. flirted with them and molded them to their likings. What makes you think the liberated borg deserves a special treatment? It doesn't matter if it's a sash or a playable race.

If you think the Liberated Borg should remain only to the Pre-Order Lifetime subscribers, then you need a better argument than that..... lol.
I'm not convinced the Galaxy X shouldn't exist in this story, I know it's an alternate time line and all, but that doesn't mean nothing from that time line is able to happen in Prime. Hell gordi got his eyes fixed in both time lines no one complains about that. I just think the Galaxy X is a reasonable refit concept and there's no reason for them not to build it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
I'm not convinced the Galaxy X shouldn't exist in this story, I know it's an alternate time line and all, but that doesn't mean nothing from that time line is able to happen in Prime. Hell gordi got his eyes fixed in both time lines no one complains about that. I just think the Galaxy X is a reasonable refit concept and there's no reason for them not to build it.
Oh of course. It's more than likely that a ship of similar design exists. I just brought up the Galaxy-X controversy to point out that Cryptic does not conform 100% to the canonical Star Trek and it just doesn't make any sense that the # of the Liberated Borgs should be kept in check while something rarer and astronomically more expensive (yes, the Galaxy-X), should be in wider circulation. If the poster that I am referring to still wants to be adamant about why the Liberated Borg should remain exclusive to the Pre-Order lifestime subscribers only, he should come up with a better argument.

"It doesn't conform to the "real" Star Trek lore!!!!" just does not cut it. This is Cryptic's universe and it already bended lots and lots of Star Trek lores. There's no reason why the Liberated Borg is any different than the Galaxy-X. After all, the poster was against the Galaxy-X remaining exclusive only to the recruiters.

I say that's a pretty selfish thing. Don't you agree?