Lt. Commander
# 81
07-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
The MU uniform was classified as unique not exclusive. Some journalists have stated it was exclusive, but that was in error. One of my previous posts has the info on where to find the CO's lifetime offer. Therefore, Cryptic was in their rights to offer the MU uniform to everyone.
/ agreed this has always been my position.
Lt. Commander
# 82
07-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMiller View Post
Just to throw my two cents into this ring. The Liberated Borg should not be added to the C-Store, but should be added for Lifetime Accounts bought after launch. Mainly just for people like me who didnt have a couple hundred dollars to shell out all at once. But if they don't add it I may get a Lifetime account anyway.
It has been posted that Cryptic may have already attached the Borg Captain to the current LTS, we are currently awaiting confirmation of this fact.
Lt. Commander
# 83
07-04-2010, 05:53 PM
They should just add it as the 500 or 600 day vet reward since they already have added the Captain's Table. Therefore, if you want to get it right now, then buy the lifetime subscription, but if you can wait, then get it as a vet reward. With it as a vet reward, most of the lifers will be happy since it requires lots of money and it won't be available as a C-store item. At least with it as a vet reward, we won't be seeing thousands of them running around opening weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 84
07-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
They should just add it as the 500 or 600 day vet reward since they already have added the Captain's Table. Therefore, if you want to get it right now, then buy the lifetime subscription, but if you can wait, then get it as a vet reward. With it as a vet reward, most of the lifers will be happy since it requires lots of money and it won't be available as a C-store item. At least with it as a vet reward, we won't be seeing thousands of them running around opening weekend.
I would prefer it be tied solely to the LTS if anything, it will encourage more members to become "invested in the title"
Lt. Commander
# 85
07-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I would prefer it be tied solely to the LTS if anything, it will encourage more members to become "invested in the title"
The Cryptic already sent mass email to the current lifetime subscribers, stating that we are entitled to the Liberated Borg as well. Not sure why the Cryptic provided a notice via forum or via their website, but oh well. Here's the message we got from Cryptic;

Greeting Captain,

You spoke, and we listened! The option to play as a Liberated Borg captain has been fully unlocked for every Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscriber!

To access the new species, simply create a brand new character, then select "Liberated Borg" when choosing your Captain's race. This option should be immediately available, and does not need to be manually unlocked in the C-Store.

We thank you for your commitment and dedication to Star Trek Online, and look forward to seeing you in the game!

Thanks for all your support,

The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 86
07-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist
The Cryptic already sent mass email to the current lifetime subscribers, stating that we are entitled to the Liberated Borg as well. Not sure why the Cryptic provided a notice via forum or via their website, but oh well. Here's the message we got from Cryptic;

Greeting Captain,

You spoke, and we listened! The option to play as a Liberated Borg captain has been fully unlocked for every Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscriber!

To access the new species, simply create a brand new character, then select "Liberated Borg" when choosing your Captain's race. This option should be immediately available, and does not need to be manually unlocked in the C-Store.

We thank you for your commitment and dedication to Star Trek Online, and look forward to seeing you in the game!

I may just get a LTS now that I know that.
Lt. Commander
# 87
07-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopolist

Greeting Captain,

Thank you for this post, It was obviously not advertised on the forum, because of the volatility of the offer.
The only real complaint I have here is the lack of transparency as promised of Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 88
07-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Confirmed here is the post by GM Destra
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...16&postcount=3
Lt. Commander
# 89
07-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Got my lifetime lastnight and waas suprised to get the liberated borg option! I think that the liberated borg species should only be allowed to Lifetimers not just becuase I'm a lifer, but because people are already getting the Captain's Table, which use to be lifer's only, for the veterans award what else are they going to take from lifers? Keeping the lib borg to life timers might encourage others to purchase the lifetime subscription. But i know that Crpytic will not probably listen and put the lib borg in the Cstore in the future just to earn $$