Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
This is why you see the multitude of "TBD" around the Rank. While it's in the plan to determine a method of obtaining this rank, the path towards becoming a Fleet Admiral has not yet been determined. Having spoken with the designers, I can tell that they don't consider it "just another rank" - it's something special, but it's a long way off.

However, I would recommend starting up a Fleet Admiral suggestions thread in the Federation Gameplay section. While the development team won't be working on this for a while, it would allow everyone to formulate their suggestions so that when the developers did start working on it, they would have a large pool of ideas to pull from.
With the 'major' changes that are on going I hope folks understand that some of us are really just 'single players'

To make "make Fleet Admiral a VERY hard to get to rank" is in line with everyones thoughts and "To become a Fleet Admiral, should require extensive experience and achievements, and should only be awarded quite rarely" is reasonable also

BUT to say things like "Perhaps to achieve Fleet Admiral you would have to like, complete all the accolades, all the missions" would BAN the single player base from the Fleet Admiral rank

I am opposed to such a rank if it more or less REQUIRES a player to be in a fleet, this concerns me as a lifetime player and I 'could' be banned from the highest ranks. We'll see what you folks come up with - All I really wanted to input was "do not forget the single player base' - Thanks for reading my ramblings
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Lt. Commander
# 3 the new thread
06-30-2010, 06:22 AM
That was the reason for this thread.. Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-02-2010, 07:49 AM
I too don't agree with mandatory fleet requirements to achieve fleet admiral, but I didn't see where the above link said that is was required?