Lt. Commander
# 41
07-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I never "charge into a fedball"

It always amazes me that people start reading a post and then suddenly they know everything about you and your tactics..
I wasn't referring specifically to you with "charge a Fedball." That was just rhetoric. Your descriptive reference to:

Quote:
backstabbing an opponant, engulfing an attacker while he is busy trying to sort the 30 or so keypresses he needs just to fire his weapons and powers on these archaicly teched ships
sounded very personal

And I know nothing of your tactics beyond your complaints on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-14-2010, 10:23 PM
You said this:

Quote:

It always amazes me that people start reading a post and then suddenly they know everything about you and your tactics.
Then you said this:

Quote:

Go back to your basement and enjoy your metagaming.

I will return to my RL and shut up.
I love you too.
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle
This morning I joined into a FvF cracked planetoid and it ended up being a 2v2. It was one of if not THE best time in an arena I have ever had. Devs. if you are reading this which I hope you are, we need 2v2 and 3v3. They are fun and would be a stop gap for uneven arenas. If I am beating a dead horse I apologize.

RA5 LeMay
------ 182nd ------
Personally I think they need to add more 2v4's.

Nothing beats a good 2v4 or doing over 500k damage on a T3 alt Engineer / Cruiser.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3...ssarlok2v4.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-15-2010, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't mind a 5v4 arena (with Klingons being the 4 of course). There are fewer Klingon players anyway and a little bit of a challenge would be nice. I'd voluntarily queue for it.
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge

I find I have the most fun when I get to 1v1 or 2v2 in the current PvP maps. Win, lose, 15 minute battle.. it doesn't matter to me because I'm having fun while I'm engaged in the smaller skirmishes. I assume the other player is also or they'd just disengage and leave. 5v5 is just.. I'm sure two organized pre-mades enjoy them a lot, but random 5v5 PuGs consist of one side rolling the other more often than not. And whether the group I'm on is on the receiving end or the dealing end of that, it's just not very entertaining to me. Good, seemingly even matched fights do happen, but they're more the exception than the rule.

Couldnt agree more to you m8

I made the same experience in my whole STO-Career...but especially now, when i was leveling a new Klingon-Toon solely with PVP:

As mostly of you were experiencing, yes, its right, the Klingons win most matches cuz they are more familiar with PVP, highly specialized settings and, mostly, inferior in numbers in those often uneven matches...

BUT, and now comes the point, I DONT HAVE FUN SLAUGHTERING THE OTHER SIDE AND SINGLE PLAYERS OF THEM with pure overwhelming firepower when several players are outshooting one from the other side!
This happens in nearly EVERY map cuz one side won the initial fight, picking up the respawners often 5 vs 1 again and again... thats NOT fun, not for the prey and not for the winner!! Thats not fighting, zthats just pewpew

So, as my quoted friend said, i was always up for good 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 or even 1 on 2 inside those maps, and was everytime VERY excited when it happened...but sadly for all of us, it happens at maximum one time every ten whole maps...

So, i support this idea of smaller arenas very very much... the present PVP will only make me cry
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I certainly do approve of this. However, with this small number of players doing PVP right now (at least at my current level) it could be easy to "fix" matches...