Lt. Commander
# 21
07-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Please let it be more chapters for the klingons...the 8 coming in 2.0 is just not enough to balance the sides out. So for this upcoming patch more unannounced chapters.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-01-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIndigoFyre
Hold on now, hold on just a minute there.

This is not a "patch" in the standard sense of "new stuff" as it is that we are adding back end stuff to make the game run better. There will not be any patch notes because nothing in game should change (I say should because, you know, bugs happen).

Think of this downtime as standard maintenance that just happens to take a smidge longer.
Well as the lack of Klingon female footware choices is clearly a bug the size of some mutant cockroach from an atomic test site, this patch must surely be to address that most egregious of all issues
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-01-2010, 03:30 AM
lack of klingon color in uniform customisation is another thing, green is my colour but im stuck using red or blue when i want to look non standard issue : ( plus why cant female kdf show a little leg? lol my female toons would recruit more i bet
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:

This is not a "patch" in the standard sense of "new stuff" as it is that we are adding back end stuff to make the game run better. There will not be any patch notes because nothing in game should change (I say should because, you know, bugs happen).

Think of this downtime as standard maintenance that just happens to take a smidge longer.
fixing this damn lag I hope!
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:

It would be a good idea, in the future, to say that you are applying a back-end/server-side patch, or somesuch, so that people don't expect new content. Otherwise you'll always get this sort of behavior.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-01-2010, 04:17 AM
I completely understand. I would expect you guys to be asking the same questions you are asking if we announce "we are doing a patch." Which is why I had to come on and clarify.

Theoretically we should not have said "patch" and just said maintenance to clear up any confusion but hey, if there wasn't a need for me to clarify then I wouldn't have any thing to do at 4 in the morning.

Speaking of which. Your old pal Indigofyre is being moved off the graveyard shift.
*sob* I will miss you all.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-01-2010, 04:20 AM
thats to bad, only gm i ever saw that seemed to have a personality and not just give generic tech answer number 1,2 or 3 ..lol
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
I completely understand. I would expect you guys to be asking the same questions you are asking if we announce "we are doing a patch." Which is why I had to come on and clarify.

Theoretically we should not have said "patch" and just said maintenance to clear up any confusion but hey, if there wasn't a need for me to clarify then I wouldn't have any thing to do at 4 in the morning.

Speaking of which. Your old pal Indigofyre is being moved off the graveyard shift.
WHAT!? BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT... will you visit us on irc from time to time still?
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-01-2010, 04:37 AM
well i know some one high up in the forums just said its a normal patch, but im just in the middle of listening to hailing frequences podcast and the man on there said they were planning on adding at least one minigame to the ship before season 2.0 i hope its that! there just being coy on the subject!
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-01-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:

Think in day shift you can pester the people to get you swimming gorn.

Thanks for clarifying about the patch.
Closed Thread